5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

Being an auto mechanic isn't always brake jobs, replacing head gaskets, valve jobs, or diagnosing and fixing electrical problems. SOMETIMES there's those jobs that just stink....

Eric brings us along as he solves the vibrating heater fan....

Don't watch this if you're eating or about to eat or have just eaten.... You've been warned.... :shok:  :shok:  :shok:  :shok:

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 Ecurie Martini

Ecurie Martini

Ecurie Martini

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

My daughter's Mazda 3 had a similar problem - in that case the mouse carcass was still in the blower.

EM

Alan Schwartz

#3 Racer36

Racer36

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

When I was still on the tools at a Ford dealer I had to remove raw liver from a heater......twice! The guy froze liver for his dog, took it to the garage to cut it on the bandsaw for his dog and mice stole it fro there. It ended up in the car heater, thawed out and rotting. The smell was beyond belief.

Dennis Dominey

Lifelong half-assed slot racer

#4 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

I had a body shop with a bunch of restorables out back. I had a '65 Le Mans convertible that was sitting there for years. One of my customers asked me to make it into a red GTO clone. When we went back to access the job and opened the door the stank was unbelievable. Luckily it was a ragtop so I connected a battery and dropped the top. It was still horrific. I knew something was dead inside but did not see anything. I grabbed my respirator and started searching under the seats.dash etc. Still nothing. I figured I had to take the whole interior out anyway so away I went. When I got the console out there she was. A giant juicy dead rat. It had crawled up the hole where the shifter came through the floor but could not get out. I grabbed my giant Channel Locks to get him but that sucker became glued to the rug. When I pulled him hard enough he came out as a hairless gelatinous blob.

It was like one of those green rubber monster things you used to hang from your car mirror in the '60s. Remember those?

Joe Lupo

#5 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

When I was still on the tools at a Ford dealer I had to remove raw liver from a heater......twice! The guy froze liver for his dog, took it to the garage to cut it on the bandsaw for his dog and mice stole it fro there. It ended up in the car heater, thawed out and rotting. The smell was beyond belief.

Eeeesh! Can't even imagine how bad that could be............I can't stand the smell of Liver when it's not rotten.

Jim Fowler

#6 raisin27

raisin27

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

When I had my muffler shop a customer towed in a Chevy Nova that he was putting back on the road after sitting a few years. When we cut the old exhaust off the muffler fell to the floor and several mice ran out!

Michael Garrett

Proud to drive an American car, from an American manufacturer, assembled by American workers.

I own a car from each of the big three: I have a Ford, a Mercury, and a Lincoln.

Electric Dreams Online Shop