• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 FSCS BoD

FSCS BoD

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 07:19 AM

Sorry for the late change, but the new owners of TheRaceway.biz were not aware of the October scheduled FSCS race day.

The new owners are Joe and Brittni Milstead.  Joe and Brittni are R/C people but new to slot cars.

Joe has a conflicting event on Sunday October 9th.  Other October weekends have various slot car events being held, so the FSCS October race day will be Sunday October 2nd.

Doors open at 8 AM, practice until 9:45 when the track will be turned off.

Tech for the first race (NASCAR) will open at 9:30am and close at 9.55am

Qualifying order: First to tech will be last to qualify, and so on.

The NASCAR race will start as soon as tech is complete, followed by LMP and GTP.

The new raceway Facebook page is:  

#2 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:39 AM

If a racer can not attend the race due to prior commitments will this race be a drop.I reviewed the Rules and it's states what dates the races will be held on. Other dates have been changed but they were changed after being discussed with the racers and there was atleast a month's notice. I'm trying to make this race but I may not be able to attend.

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20220916-093450_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Clyde Romero likes this
Brandon Eden

#3 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:50 AM

I can only imagine the Series has the same level of commitment for its racers as it does for the Track Owners.
Brandon Eden

#4 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 06:59 PM

Other than a race a few years back that had to be rescheduled due to a hurricane ... this might be the shortest notice for a date change that I can ever remember.  

Ever???  

Ever! Ever!

How does a Series race not make it to the track's calendar of events?  Hopefully the Series will be a higher priority in the future.

There will be nine races in the 2022 season. Two races will be dropped.

So, yes, this can be one of your two drops.  Not that I'm in a points race of any kind, but since I didn't start racing until April and missed June when I was in the mountains, I've already used my drops.  If I were in a points race and the date change made me miss a third race ... I'd be ticked.

I guess Eddie and I will just have to pitch in and help JT thrash.  Because this is where not having a local track to buy parts and test really bites.  We just received parts on Wednesday (and are waiting on others) that we ordered a few weeks ago so JT can build three new cars.  

The only positive is that the UF game on 10/1 is a Noon kickoff so I'll get home at a decent hour instead of 1am like after a 7pm kickoff.

• Hot Slots likes this

Rollin Isbell

#5 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 07:16 PM

I was able to get the day off, so I'll be there but how many others does this effect.

Did the date need to be changed or the location. There's other black listed tracks that could of held the event.
Brandon Eden

#6 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 10:11 PM

I was able to get the day off, so I'll be there but how many others does this effect.

Did the date need to be changed or the location. There's other black listed tracks that could of held the event.

Glad it worked out for you. It would be nice to have a good turnout for the new owner.

I don’t know what conversations (if any) have been had with the track in Tampa(?) in the past. Does either GRRR or the Florida Wing Car Series Race there? Are they simply opposed to hosting/supporting a Series?

Remember... Avon Park was provisionally on the schedule for this year. All they had to do to get to host races this year was show up at the first three races of the year. Nope. Not a single entry. That’s crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rollin Isbell

#7 dalek

dalek

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:19 AM

In regard to thrashing, that Rollin mentioned, I don't know if braid depth at Melbourne is still a question mark in anyone's mind but from the results of testing I did last week, I'll be setting my cars at .025" instead of the .035" that I run at P-1 (and have run in the past at Melbourne).

When I say setting a car at .025" I mean, if I make the guide braid dead flat and I put the car in the .025" recess of my tech block, the tips of the chassis arms would be barely touching the block or, at most, have a thou or two of daylight between the tips and the block.

And then I run the car with almost no braid fluff, leaving the braid dead flat at the front of the guide and give the braid only a slight amount of curvature (so the tips of the braid are, at most, at half the height of the blade).

With this setup, I was getting the best handling and lap times and the braids had no signs of poor contact.

#8 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 09:41 PM

It looks like Ian is a big enough storm to possibly have an impact on both sides of the state.  You know the old expression .... Pray for the best and Plan for he worst.  

Stay safe everyone.   

Rollin Isbell

#9 gatormark

gatormark

Race Leader

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:40 PM

Trying to reason with hurricane season.
Mark Conner

#10 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:58 PM

Trying to reason with hurricane season.

One of my favorite Buffett songs ... even though the title isn't even in the lyrics.

Rollin Isbell

#11 gatormark

gatormark

Race Leader

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 06:20 AM

The fla national anthem
Mark Conner

#12 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 02:18 PM

Mark are you going to make this race?
Brandon Eden

#13 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 05:01 PM

Well ..... I'm going to miss this race.  

They've moved the Florida Gators game to Sunday, 10/2 with a Noon kickoff.  So, if there's not too much storm damage to deal with .... and as long as there's power at the house (I'm not stupid enough to leave my wife sitting at the house alone with no AC), I'll be in Gainesville.  Hey ... it's the last season I'll be able to go to games with my daughter.  She's moving to Newport, RI in February.

I've talked to Eddie (Nathan's grandfather) and to JT and they're still planning to go to Melbourne .... presuming their houses here have power and no damage.

• Hot Slots likes this

Rollin Isbell

#14 gatormark

gatormark

Race Leader

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 08:23 PM

I'm afraid we gonna catch hell in c fla. Best of luck to all.
  • Wizard Of Iz likes this
Mark Conner

#15 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 10:19 AM

17530cbb690650df803499b4c2158b17.jpg

Rollin Isbell

#16 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:48 PM

So what's up? I heard the race might get canceled is there anyone that isn't going to make the race ? I'll be there, all the central Florida racers and east coast racers won't be effected, was anyone from the west coast going to attend that might get smashed by the storm?
Brandon Eden

#17 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:25 PM

So what's up? I heard the race might get canceled is there anyone that isn't going to make the race ? I'll be there, all the central Florida racers and east coast racers won't be effected, was anyone from the west coast going to attend that might get smashed by the storm?

I’m only missing the race because the Gators game has been rescheduled to Sunday.

JT and Eddie/Nathan are planning to go … as long as their houses have power and no damage.

The storm will probably be up in the Carolinas by Sunday. The question is what does it leave behind?

68730e2fd29c5718856e68343c812b48.jpg
  • Hot Slots likes this

Rollin Isbell

#18 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 04:29 PM

Well I made it thru the storm, I don't have power yet, but I'm ready to race Sunday. If I don't have power by Sunday it will be nice to have some AC for the day, although the weather today has been amazing from a temperature stand point.
Brandon Eden

#19 gatormark

gatormark

Race Leader

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 07:56 PM

Well, the eye crossed us and we held up pretty good. Amazed our citrus crop stay on the trees here on the ridge,thank you Lord for the Blessings.
Mark Conner

Electric Dreams Online Shop