• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 studentdriver

studentdriver

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:08 PM

The only body I see available pretty much anywhere is the Koford Peugeot which is normally for like 4.5 inch long chassis. It's actually a pretty nice body. That said I just bought the newer Koford 4.2 inch chassis for F class type racing.. I didn't know bodies were this hard to come by otherwise I might not have gotten it. I know Mid-America has some but they are mounted pretty high (for like flexi type chassis).

I can't paint and I don't think i have the ability to mount a wing kit properly. Anyone have any lower cut pre mount wing bodies available? The old hi-speed bodies were awesome but doesn't look like those have been made in quite some time.

Anyways, seems like I'm one of the few fools who likes wing cars anymore. I'd like to find a Koford M166-5 but they are sold out everywhere.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Ciccarelli

- I don't typically race in series
- Enjoy tinkering 
- Like going fast!

#2 chasbeeman

chasbeeman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:42 PM

I see them on eBay occasionally, Port Jeff I think just had a national race there. Check with Joe 'Chubby' Salsman on Facebook or inquire in the "Wing Car" section of Slotblog.

Charles Beeman

#3 studentdriver

studentdriver

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:06 PM

Maybe I'll post over in the wing car section but hasn't been posted to in awhile.

I looked on Facebook for Joe Salsmann but do you have more info? Not sure which one, etc..

Port Jeff would be cool to visit but I would need to somehow drive around NYC and it's about three hour drive.
Mike Ciccarelli

- Enjoy tinkering 
- Like going fast!

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,543 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:14 PM

Mike,

Joe is on Slotblog. His display name is 'Chubby.' Try PM'ing here.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 bbr

bbr

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 11:06 PM

Bill Taylor - Hi Speed 

Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#6 wjtaylor

wjtaylor

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 12:24 AM

Mike

first question, what type of track and from your post you will be running the group f class.

ERI distributing usually has a few of my promounts in stock.

I think what you have is actually 4.12 long. This was a VERY popular car for a long time. It is now regarded as a wide chassis. Please check the header card so we can figure out which body you might need.

I can give you a few options 

1 H ave your raceway contact ERI to see what they have

2 contact Beuf or Chubby and have thim build you one

i would like to help you but I am at least 2 months behind.

you commented about my Hi Speed bodies, thanks for that, which ones do you have?

bbr, thanks for the shout out

Bill Taylor
Hi-Speed Products

#7 nicky 65

nicky 65

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 03:54 AM

I have a bunch of older Wing Car Bodies unpainted that I would like to get rid of ............if interested

Nicholas Traina

Buzz-A-Rama forever in our hearts
RIP... Buzzy and Dolores

#8 mreibman

mreibman

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 07:01 AM

Fyi. Saturday, April 15 is the next NENASRA series race at PJ Raceway.

5hey always have bodies in stock, clear, painted, and also mounted. They have guys who also do pro mounting for racing... A premount might set you back about $35, but a race body is more like $75. You'd see the difference on the track.

Like nick above, I have about a zillion clear wing bodies. I can mount them, but it's a big investment in time (1-2 hours) for me.

There are instructions here on slotblog about mounting.
Mike Reibman
Alleged amateur racer.
Mostly just play with lots of cars.
Able to maintain slot cars with a single bound.
Faster than a speeding Womp.
More powerful than a 36D.

#9 jimht

jimht

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:22 AM

One of the best body painters and builders, P A Watson, has his Raceway shut down while he relocates but he may be able to help you out.

https://slotcars.net/forum/forum/builders/jet

Jim Honeycutt

"I don't think I'm ever more 'aware' than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

#10 studentdriver

studentdriver

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:54 AM

Mike

first question, what type of track and from your post you will be running the group f class.

ERI distributing usually has a few of my promounts in stock.

I think what you have is actually 4.12 long. This was a VERY popular car for a long time. It is now regarded as a wide chassis. Please check the header card so we can figure out which body you might need.

I can give you a few options 

1 H ave your raceway contact ERI to see what they have

2 contact Beuf or Chubby and have thim build you one

i would like to help you but I am at least 2 months behind.

you commented about my Hi Speed bodies, thanks for that, which ones do you have?

bbr, thanks for the shout out

Over the years I've collected a few different ones.. Maybe I'll post some pictures! Cool to meet you!

This chassis was listed on the Koford site as new: M746A Assembled 4.120 long GpF/OMB chassis. It looks really light weight.. Wanted to try it out. it's the same width as the Beuf chassis I have, just shorter

and I've had several Beuf F wing chassis from Koford over the years and all have been trouble free! Just wanted to give this new one a test.

Right now there is only 1 of your Bodies in stock on ERI, I'm going to grab it for 1 of my other cars. I might look to someone familiar with the M746A to build a body.

Mike Ciccarelli

- Enjoy tinkering 
- Like going fast!

#11 studentdriver

studentdriver

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:57 AM

Fyi. Saturday, April 15 is the next NENASRA series race at PJ Raceway.

5hey always have bodies in stock, clear, painted, and also mounted. They have guys who also do pro mounting for racing... A premount might set you back about $35, but a race body is more like $75. You'd see the difference on the track.

Like nick above, I have about a zillion clear wing bodies. I can mount them, but it's a big investment in time (1-2 hours) for me.

There are instructions here on slotblog about mounting.

I like a lot of different aspects of working on slots cars.. I've actually had some success mounting a non-wing GTP body from mid america.. that said I don't think I have the patience or skill to complete a wing car.. I have actually seen a few articles posted here and I don't think it's something I want to dive into.. I can appreciate the skill it takes to build a REALLY nice one... I also  know how to break them so I don't always go for the pro-mounted stuff, just because of my habits ;) LOL

I've seen first hand the difference between different wing bodies.. it does really help the car.. almost makes it seem smoother!

Mike Ciccarelli

- Enjoy tinkering 
- Like going fast!

#12 studentdriver

studentdriver

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:59 AM

One of the best body painters and builders, P A Watson, has his Raceway shut down while he relocates but he may be able to help you out.

https://slotcars.net/forum/forum/builders/jet

Cool thanks.. I see a few of this examples and they look pretty cool.. I might reach out and see if he has any time to build a body.

Mike Ciccarelli

- Enjoy tinkering 
- Like going fast!

Electric Dreams Online Shop