4 replies to this topic

#1 PCH Parts Express

PCH Parts Express

Posting Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 01:24 PM

Has anyone tried using a Pro Slot 9000 series can with the JK aluminum Hawk endbell 30303AL?

Someone asked us if the JK plastic Hawk endbell M3E would fit the Pro Slot new 9000 series can.  

Scott Salzberg
PCH Parts Express

#2 Bill Seitz

Bill Seitz

Still Half-Fast After All These Years

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 07:43 PM

I have both the PS 9000 and the H6, but have never tried swapping endbells between brands. It seems like it should work, and I'll give it a try. I've been meaning to try the aluminum endbell for a while now, but haven't gotten there yet.

#3 rmjlmartin

rmjlmartin

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 10:00 AM

I've had both the ProSlot 4000 and 9000 series motors apart, and, while I haven't actually test-fit one, the endbells appear identical to me. Also, the replacement endbell currently listed in the ProSlot catalog has a 4000 series part number, so I'm assuming that the 9000 series motors still use the same endbell.

I've used the JK M3E plastic endbells on the ProSlot 4000 series cans, and they fit perfectly. If I have time, I'll try to test fit a 4000 endbell on a 9000 can tonight after I get home from work. I may have a loose JK endbell I can try, too.

So, with the obvious disclaimer that I haven't actually tried it, I think the aluminum endbell should fit either ProSlot can.

Jason Martin

#4 Bill Seitz

Bill Seitz

Still Half-Fast After All These Years

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 03:26 PM

I put an H6 endbell on the PS 9000 today, and it fits perfectly. I've interchanged H3 and H6 endbells before - identical fit. This is what I expected, since dimensionaly these motors are the same. I did notice the JK white endbells are a bit deeper than the black endbells (either old JK or PS), so some extra arm spacers will be needed if using the JK white endbells with a PS motor.

• rmjlmartin likes this

#5 Wink Hackman

Wink Hackman

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:11 AM

The problem with the JK Hawk aluminium endbell (UK spelling here :)) is that the bearing pocket is oval - anyway it is on the batch I bought a while back.  So a 5mm ballrace can't be made to fit without milling out the pocket.  I gave up on them and used the white plastic JK endbell with either Hawk 6 or Proslot 4000 series setups.

Electric Dreams Online Shop