• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nicky 65

nicky 65

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 07:10 PM

Who is making Slick 7 products.........................there is no website for them and no address or phone #.......................yet you can still buy their products.

Nicholas Traina

Buzz-A-Rama forever in our hearts
RIP... Buzzy and Dolores

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,206 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:03 PM

I had heard months ago they were going to Texas but haven't heard anything since.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#3 stoo23

stoo23

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 08:04 PM

???

Try here: https://www.slick7.com/

Stewart Amos

Old Racer from Sydney, Australia
FASTUFF Race Proven Products

#4 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,206 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 11:29 PM

Stew, that's an old web page from 2014.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#5 Jay Guard

Jay Guard

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:29 AM

I spoke with Rudy Garriga, the owner of Slick 7 about six months ago.  At that time he was in the middle of a move from California to Texas due to a medical issue with a family member.  He told me that Slick 7 is still in business and shipping products but he no longer makes everything he once did.  He told me that he sold both of the wire EDM machines that he used to make the cut steel chassis' so I assume those are some of the products, among others, that are no longer available.  I didn't quiz him on exactly what was and was not available, and I suspect that even though the old website may be there it is basically inactive and mostly out-of-date, however I can't be sure of that.  I am fairly sure that distributors can still get some Slick 7 products so you would have to go through your local slot car shop to see what is still available and get the parts you want ordered by them.  I hope this helps clarify any misconceptions floating around.

• Ramcatlarry, Tim Neja, nicky 65 and 2 others like this

Jay Guard

IRRA Board of Directors (2022-Present),

Gator Region Retro Racing Co-Director (2021-Present)

SERRA Co-Director (2009-2013)

IRRA BoD advisor (2007-2010)

Team Slick 7 member (1998-2001)

Way too serious Retro racer

#6 nicky 65

nicky 65

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 04:40 AM

I spoke with Rudy Garriga, the owner of Slick 7 about six months ago.  At that time he was in the middle of a move from California to Texas due to a medical issue with a family member.  He told me that Slick 7 is still in business and shipping products but he no longer makes everything he once did.  He told me that he sold both of the wire EDM machines that he used to make the cut steel chassis' so I assume those are some of the products, among others, that are no longer available.  I didn't quiz him on exactly what was and was not available, and I suspect that even though the old website may be there it is basically inactive and mostly out-of-date, however I can't be sure of that.  I am fairly sure that distributors can still get some Slick 7 products so you would have to go through your local slot car shop to see what is still available and get the parts you want ordered by them.  I hope this helps clarify any misconceptions floating around.

Thanx Jay...................I wasn't having a problem ordering Slick 7 products...............I get them through ERI. I was just wondering why Slick 7 didn't have a website that was up to date.

Nicholas Traina

Buzz-A-Rama forever in our hearts
RIP... Buzzy and Dolores

#7 stoo23

stoo23

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, it is Old and (as suggested), seemingly Inactive but figured that was probably All there was, as Quite a few Products have continued to be available since that time, like those Excellent 'Bushings' !!!

Can't Smash them up in a Bad crash, like you can with cheap BB's lol

He told me that he sold both of the wire EDM machines

OH !! Bummer we were only talking about a slightly Longer Chassis a racer here in Aus' (Tim Tyler) had made many years ago and had Rudy make a Batch of replicants of a few years back, being possibly Ideal, for a new local track.

Guess there is No chance of that happening again Now. Always great products.

I hope things work out OK !!

:)

Stewart Amos

Old Racer from Sydney, Australia
FASTUFF Race Proven Products

Electric Dreams Online Shop