FSCS BoD

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 PM

Reminder in regard to chassis

================================================
The rules say:   

3.1.6  No modifications may be made to any manufactured part except where specified in the individual class specifications.

3.1.15  Reinforcement may be added to the stamped/formed steel chassis in the rear uprights, front tongue, and side pans.

3.1.16  No grinding on chassis or removal of weight is allowed. 

3.1.17  Front axle uprights may be bent down to horizontal position.

3.1.18  Tape may be added to the top or bottom of the chassis.

3.1.19  Pin tubes may be added to the chassis to facilitate body mounting.

3.1.30  May modify rear bushing holes to adjust ride height.

-- No other modifications to chassis.
================================================

So, if you have modified a chassis and/or pans in any other way than listed above, it will not be legal.

For example, if you have soldered things on a chassis/pans, or used a blob of solder to control pan movement, you need to take the chassis back to stock.

Note:  Regarding adding weight to a chassis or pans; even though it didn't get written into the rules, weight may be added (but not in a position where it limits stock pan movement).

#2 Bucky

Bucky

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

For clarification, do these rules prohibit using bulletproofing to raise pans up or limit movement?

On the JK a lot of guys put it on the center section under the front of the pans and bite bar to limit movement and on some Mossettis its required just to get the pan off the track. The extra material limits pan movement to some extent in both cases, so is it considered illegal?
Aaron Rothstein

#3 Hot Slots

Hot Slots

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

Bucky, I wouldn't think it would be an issue, its not secured permanently to the chassis with solder or glue.

I dont agree with the sticky lead ruling either, the adhesive backing isn't permanent, tape is not permanent.

Tape on the top and bottom of the chassis limits pan movement. Sticky lead would break loose, unless glued down, if it takes a hit. Either way in my opinion lead is no different from the tape. I don't use lead to limit pan movement so this doesn't effect me. But I think adding it as a rule is overkill.

Soldering parts to a chassis to limit movement is permanent, I have never soldered paino wire to my chassis in the flexi series because of the rule saying no other modifications to the chassis.
Brandon Eden

Electric Dreams Online Shop