• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 munter

munter

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

While attending the NZ 1/24 nationals in Wellington, New Zealand, this guy showed up with his drag slot cars.

They impressed me a lot. He had recently attended the national meet and was wanting to share his success.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

John Warren
Slot cars are my preferred reality

#2 edworth

edworth

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Great vintage style stuff. Thanks for sharing.

The wheels on the Fiat Topolino (Amco Jeans car), did you notice what they made of? Plastic adapted or what?
Ed Worthington
C.A.R.S. Vintage Club
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

#3 munter

munter

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hi there, Ed,

I didn't take too much notice except that they were detailed on the rim centre with mutiple bolt heads.

They did look like alloy but...

John Warren
Slot cars are my preferred reality

#4 Coal Train

Coal Train

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

They maybe old PARMA types or PRO TRACK from yesteryear but all these days run alloy hubs weather they be large or pencil
Robert Keough
Pro motor and car builder
Australian AA/FC quickest car

#5 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

I like the VW!

I need to post some pictures from the Buena Park Drag cars. We have some superb builders. Hesperia also has an active group of hardbody drag car racers.

The class that is taking off at Buena Park is vintage Funny Cars with Chinese super16D's. Mid .9's in the high50's low 60 mph range.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#6 Nick D

Nick D

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

I think "Christine" is sexy.
I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself
Nick Deangelis

#7 Coal Train

Coal Train

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

A sad thing happened to Christine on the weekend.The track had a scouts day full of 11 year olds running around the place screaming there heads off and try'ing to touch everything but that wasn't the sad thing.The sad thing is that one of the mothers of the kids put her handbag on the drag strip and really didn't give a hoot about other racers and left it there.Silly me all excited to see how a new setup would go didn't even look down the track and pressed the button to start the count down and it wasn't until I looked to see the car I noticed the bag at wich time the car was around 5cm away from the bag and doing around 40mph I had no time to back off and Christine hit the bag (wich I think had a house brick in it) and exploded into a million peicers all over the place.Enraged with instant anger I calmly put my controller in the holder and went for a walk.By the time I came back everyone was gone and Christine and her peicers were also gone.Haley the track owners partner scooped up the peicers and was working on putting her back together again.She is back together again but she carrys some long term scars.On a brighter note the next day I was testing my faster cars and became a member of the .4 club with a .4986 @ 110.5mph so all's well that ends well.
Robert Keough

#8 Nick D

Nick D

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

I commend you for having the presence of mind to just go for a walk rather than making a scene with a raceway full of kids and parents. Some of the guys I know would have freaked out on the spot.
I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself
Nick Deangelis

#9 Coal Train

Coal Train

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

No good would have come from freaking out
Robert Keough

#10 Rickard Five

Rickard Five

Dumb Drag Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

No good would have come from freaking out

Nice cars esp that slingshot Dragster. I'm so sorry about Christine, You're a better man than me. years back we were running AA/FC at a track and I made a good pass before the race, and asz I'm going to get my car from the shutdown, BANG some little kid runs his Heavy Chevron car in to the back of my F/C, and the mom actsd like it's my Fault for not running to the shutdown, because little johnny is so perfect and we're all here for his benefit. so after a serious freak out with many Harsh Politically incorrect words, it ended up her husband had to come fix the problem! the good that might have come from this is the $450 he had to fork over might encourage them both to engage in the sport of Parenting. it wan't the $$$ Involved but the attitude, I'd a been much more happy with an honest admission of fault and an apology
“I make a point of staying right at the edge of poverty. I don’t have a pair of pants without a hole in them, and the only pair of boots I have are on my feet. I don’t mess around with unnecessary stuff, so I don’t need much money. I believe it’s meant to be that way. There’s a ‘struggle’ you have to go through, and if you make a lot of money it doesn’t make the ‘struggle’ go away. It just makes it more complicated. If you keep poor, the struggle is simple.“
–Von Dutch

Rickard Johnston
All images © Rickard5

Electric Dreams Online Shop