21 replies to this topic

#1 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

"WARNING"

For those of you who do not seem to care to much about the rules, just because I passed cars through tech at the R4 warm-up race, I can gurarantee you that you will not pass tech at the R4. Little things like the sides of the bodies not being painted, only one color drivers and little parts of your spoiler being a little to long. I pass little things that I know don't make a difference in the performance of the car because I'm trying to keep spec going and cut down on confusion. Seems the ones that are the biggest offenders of the rules are the ones who have been around a long time and know better.

Things to make sure you have right.

Spoiler length all the way across
Two-color painted drivers
Entire body painted
Front tires not exceeding the 3-1/8" width when the tires are pushed out
Maximum chassis width especially with the JK Spec chassis.
Front tire contact patch on Can-Am

Again, I can gurarantee you that Noose doesn't give a damn what I do, if your car is not right you will not race.

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do it's because I missed my exit. 
All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image

Shades of USRA? :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#3 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Shades of USRA? :)

Hmmmmmm maybe. I recall you racing a few one color jobs out there in D3 land and see similar paint jobs in the monthly D3 races.

At least the stacks are painted silver. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

Indeed, Ron. Nothing wrong with one-color paint jobs. However, there are one-color paint jobs, and there are one-color paint jobs. It's like motors, some might be more equal than others... :laugh2:

The two-color driver with the black marker is a nice touch. :blink:

Congrats on your double win, you still have it. :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#5 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

Back in the saddle once again. ;)

I did the black marker thing on the interior when Butch said it would have to be two color at the R4... so I went ahead and got it two color a month early. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

#6 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Ron, no one gives a damn that your car was one color, no one gives a damn that it was all beat up looks like hell. But the rules say that the entire body must be painted and the driver must be two colors. Rande's car was not painted on the sides and your driver was just sprayed white like the rest of the car. You know these things are against the rules and this is not the first time you two did this. I take this as you two thumbing your noses at me. I can guarantee you next year things are going to change. I'll pull a Noose on you, maybe in more ways than one. :D

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#7 Larry Mattingly

Larry Mattingly

Posting Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

I would also suggest that my midwestern friends bring tape, lots of tape, to the R4 for their bodies.

And when Mr. Tech Nazi (emphasis on the Mr.) stated he wanted JK bodies with the 'B' after the number, I don't he was doing it for his health.

There have been a few eastern racers who didn't think he could tell the difference between .010", .007", and .005". Those would be the same folks seen cutting tape to pass tech.

Mr. Tech Nazi takes body thickness VERY seriously, as it should be. :D

One color bodies (meatballs, or no meatballs) are fine with him, as long as you remember to paint the entire body in the proper manner... ;)

LM

#8 Larry Mattingly

Larry Mattingly

Posting Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Ron, no one gives a damn that your car was one color, no one gives a damn that it was all beat up looks like hell. But the rules say that the entire body must be painted and the driver must be two colors. Rande's car was not painted on the sides and your driver was just sprayed white like the rest of the car. You know these things are against the rules and this is not the first time you two did this. I take this as you two thumbing your noses at me. I can guarantee you next year things are going to change. I'll pull a Noose on you, maybe in more ways than one. :D

:shok: :shok: :shok: ... ;)

#9 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

No soup for YOU! :laugh2:

Philippe de Lespinay

#10 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Ron
At least you got the numbers right, fitting for a winner. Congrats again. ;)

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

In this bright future you can't forget your past.
BMW (Bob Marley and the Wailers)

United we stand and divided we fall, the Legends are complete.
I'm racing the best here at BP but Father time is much better then all of us united.
Not a snob in this hobby, after all it will be gone, if we keep on going like we do, and I have nothing to prove so I keep on posting because I have nothing to gain.
It's our duty to remember the past so we can have a future.

Pistol Pete you will always be in my memory.

#11 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Ron, no one gives a damn that your car was one color, no one gives a damn that it was all beat up looks like hell. But the rules say that the entire body must be painted and the driver must be two colors. Rande's car was not painted on the sides and your driver was just sprayed white like the rest of the car. You know these things are against the rules and this is not the first time you two did this. I take this as you two thumbing your noses at me. I can guarantee you next year things are going to change. I'll pull a Noose on you, maybe in more ways than one.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, fellows..... the cars will comply to IRRA rules at the R4. That way there will be no excuses or crying afterwards. :laugh2: :laugh2:

#12 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ron, think back to our first Retro race in Columbus when you and I were teching cars and Rande's car didn't pass tech and he got his panties in a wad and wasn't going to race so we just let it slide because it wasn't a big deal. I let it slide again so you guys wouldn't get your panties in wad again.

But I would think this far into our second season is enough time to learn the rules. It takes more work to mask off the body to leave it clear than to just paint it. So as far as I'm concerned it was intentional cheating and it will never pass tech at an Ohio Valley Retro Race again.

Here, I almost forgot. :laugh2: :laugh2:

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

2000 Jackasses

#13 911GT3

911GT3

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hence... the Friendly Neighborhood Tech Inspector.

Eric Balicki

#14 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

Ron, think back to our first Retro race in Columbus when you and I were teching cars and Rande's car didn't pass tech and he got his panties in a wad and wasn't going to race so we just let it slide because it wasn't a big deal. I let it slide again so you guys wouldn't get your panties in wad again. But I would think this far into our second season is enough time to learn the rules. It takes more work to mask off the body to leave it clear than to just paint it. So as far as I'm concerned it was intentional cheating and it will never pass tech at an Ohio Valley Retro Race again.

No panty wadding here... if Rande chooses not to race over his clear sides that's his choice. If ya want them painted and I want to race, I will go paint them.

Yea and don't forget those Ti22s that get passed every month as well with painted windshields. ;)

xti22.jpg

#15 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

And that ain't so cool either. ;)

Philippe de Lespinay

#16 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, but it gets passed on a monthly basis. ;)

#17 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Ron, I've talked about the Ti22 windshield with several racers and we weren't sure if that windshield was suppose to be painted or not because there are no definite lines molded into your long Ti 22. And if you don't paint at least part of it your driver doesn't cover the whole opening.

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

2000 Jackasses

#18 Jerry Ward

Jerry Ward

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Well, my car had one thing right a nice paint job!! :laugh2: Even though I lost a gear, a braid, and part of my chassis, I had a lot of fun!

Will get it right for the R-4 I hope. :rolleyes:

Jerry
Jerry Ward
2/23/51-5/20/14
Requiescat in Pace

#19 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Ron, I've talked about the Ti 22 windshield with several racers and we weren't sure if that windshield was suppose to be painted or not because there are no definite lines molded into your long Ti 22. And if you don't paint at least part of it your driver doesn't cover the whole opening.

Yes, it does if mounted correctly.

#20 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

The O/S Long and Short TI22s have windshield lines. I know cuz I sure as heck have painted enough of them. The one that does not is the JK Ti22 which I spoke to Jerry about. There is supposed to be a windshield in the car and the fact that there is a lack of marks is no excuse. The real car has a clear windshield.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"
"Team Evil Bucks" Racer - 2016 Caribbean Retro Overall Champion
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#21 Lucky Me

Lucky Me

Rick Maynard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

The OS Long and Short TI22s have windshield lines. I know cuzz I sure as heck have painted enugh of them. The one that does not is the JK Ti22 which I spoke to Jerry about. There is supposed to be a windshiled in the car and the fac there is a lack of marks is no excuse. The real car has a clear windshield.

Can you "tint" the front winshield with transparent paint ? You can still see through it. I did it to a Porsche body and thought it looked cool. Any thoughts? :good:

Rick Maynard
Rick Maynard
Build it, Race it, Break it, Fix it !

Don't Outsmart Common Sense !

#22 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Yes, you can and they can look cool.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"
"Team Evil Bucks" Racer - 2016 Caribbean Retro Overall Champion
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

Electric Dreams Online Shop