Photo

1/32 Aurora Pontiac GTO Slot Car - Painted!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bosmeck

bosmeck

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

My bumble bee version :D What do you think? I did lower it a little on the front.

Posted Image
Chris Clark

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,292 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:06 PM

That's a pretty cool ride Chris... :)

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Old Pilot

Old Pilot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hi Chris,

Another impressive car!!!

Do you have a nice machine that does the work while you sleep at night like in the fairy tales????

At this very moment I'm trying to decorate my Aurora Gto, looking for racing decals and tyres, etc.

Have you tried your GTO on the track?

How to get this incredible tyres? I cannot find some kinda tyres without a little help. I can find simmilar but impossible for me to know about where to find these pretty printed tyres for the Aurora wheels.

Can you tell me where and the model and measures you used ?

I also think about lowering a little in the front, because my idea is to use it on the track, and I'm afraid Aurora did its cars very nice, but neccesary to use a portable stairs to get the cockpit...jaja, only cutting a little the screw support?

Thanks a lot in advance, master...

PD: I remember a post of you telling others how to paint and decorate. Any clues to get the post in an easy way???

Jesus :hi:
Jesus de la Peņa

#4 Dooner

Dooner

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Beautiful job on the "Goat" Chris. :wub:

Two questions:

Is the white rectangle on the door where a number goes?

That chassis looks like my K&B 1/32 chassis. I know K&B was a division of Aurora, but was your chassis made the same time as the K&B or some time later?
Tom Backes

#5 bosmeck

bosmeck

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hi Chris,

Another impressive car!!!

Do you have a nice machine that does the work while you sleep at night like in the fairy tales????

At this very moment I'm trying to decorate my Aurora Gto, looking for racing decals and tyres, etc.

Have you tried your GTO on the track?

How to get this incredible tyres? I cannot find some kinda tyres without a little help. I can find simmilar but impossible for me to know about where to find these pretty printed tyres for the Aurora wheels.

Can you tell me where and the model and measures you used ?

I also think about lowering a little in the front, because my idea is to use it on the track, and I'm afraid Aurora did its cars very nice, but neccesary to use a portable stairs to get the cockpit...jaja, only cutting a little the screw support?

Thanks a lot in advance, master...

PD: I remember a post of you telling others how to paint and decorate. Any clues to get the post in an easy way???

Jesus :hi:

Hi Jesus

The tyres are regular Aurora but they are a little on the hard side. Of course the tyres will need to be changed if this car goes on the track. The tyres have decals on the them. You can get these decals off ebay on the USA ebay site.

Lowering the car was pretty easy. I cut the front post and let the front part of the chassis sit on the bottom part of the interior. When you get to this part you will see that the chassis can't get any lower because the front part of the interior is in the way. All you do is cut 2 slits into the interior wide enough for the chassis to fit into allowing the front of the car to lower. That's it.

I hope this helps Jesus

All the best
Chris Clark

#6 Old Pilot

Old Pilot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

Thank you Chris,

Last week I was viewing tyres with sidewalls, printed marks, etc., so I supposed your tyres were too. Probably decals are more easy to get. I got repro tyres, now supposed through USPS...

Last month I got four Auroras, a couple of GTO, and a couple of Mustangs. One item of each one in mint status to preserve on the shelf, another item of each one in bad status to decorate and run in vintage concours.

But I have not your hands...impossible to me to obtain that crystal appearance in the paint. But I'll try.

Cheers
Jesus
Jesus de la Peņa

Electric Dreams Online Shop