1 reply to this topic

#1 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Before the last season began I decided I wanted to visit all of the raceways on the SERRA circuit, which I did. In doing so, I also was able to meet and get to know all of the guys who regularly race the SERRA Series as well as many who have attended the SERRA events on a more limited basis.

One of the main issues with the Pro Slot motors has been the possibility of cheating. This has gotten to the point that a couple of guys that I really like seeing and racing with each month have said they will drop out if these motors are allowed. I agree that the Pro Slot motor offers the possibility of cheating more so than an FK motor but does that mean we have cheaters among us... especially when there's nothing to be won except a box plaque at the end of the day??

But more importantly, do I really think that Jay, Ralph, Chris, Joe, Tommy, Speedy, Gary, Bobby, James, Chad, Richard, Dan, Skinney, etc., etc. would cheat on me to win? I don't and I hope they believe I'm an honest racer, too.

Don Weaver

Don Weaver

​A slot car racer who never grew up!

The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham

If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Don asked if I would delete this thread, and since he started it, I am going to honor that request in a day or so. I've deleted all follow-up posts and will be closing the thread.

Just wanted everyone to know why it's going away...

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop