• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

I have been asked to post this to make sure that things are very clear with everyone, so if you intend to race, PLEASE READ THIS, thanks.
Comments are invited ONLY by actual racers who will be there, all other comments will be removed as irrelevant.
Thank you for your cooperation.
:)

Philippe de Lespinay

#2 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

To Keith, Paul and Philippe,

Who and when are the tires going to be checked for cars moving up as winners of lower Mains? It is only fair that if a car is shown to be running too small of tires, that the move up be given time to change to legal tires. We have had past races where people have moved up twice, giving them a great advantage handling wise over others because they were now running significantly smaller tires. Just asking, because this was a problem at other races and I just want to get the issue out in the open before the Checkpoint Cup. Especially in classes such as Jail Door, where it DRAMATICALLY affects handling. Thank you, Mill

P.S. Why would you not be allowed to run the additional motors you wish to purchase on a future King Track race if these motors are marked and welded for additional security ? Just as we have in the last few King track races, all motors with the weld marks were deemed legal. Why not so again ? This is what prevents some people from wanting to race the King Track Can Am, because it limits the usuage for the extra motors.

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#3 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Mill, my thinking is that particular handout motors for a race are unique for that race on the King only as per secret encoding? Otherwise someone could custom spot weld their own version and use it. There's room for exceptions to the rule evidently. So a secret ID for specific races is prob a good thing. I have a need for a pot stirring fix, Mr P will weigh in shortly ;)
Mark Wampler
?/?/1950-3/8/22
Requiescat in Pace

#4 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:05 PM

First off, let me explain something. It takes a special person to spot weld these motors without damaging them. Secondly, it someone is so bent on cheating as to owning their own spot welding equipment and skill possessed to do it on an $11 motor, God love em. But you are not , nor is anyone answering the question, why not let us use these motors for Can Am, unless you just want to sell more motors, and if that be the case, SAY SO ! Just do not come up with some story that we are trying to protect the racing integrity, because the motors being welded should be enough for 99 % of the racing community. No one has YET to be proven to be motor tampering at Buena Park, and until such time, this is all a facade. Philippe has said that the welded motors keep everyone honest, so in economic times when many even complain about entry fee costs, having to buy motors precludes some people from racing, and we need all the entries that we can get. Just my opinion,

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#5 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

Mill, good points, SO one of the reasons I've favored 3 motor purchase limit. Someone was daring enough to rip off a super collection of drag cars stowed under the track. Someone may also be daring enough to extend themselves enough to slip in a super motor without detection. I don't think the tech table wants to get into motor tear down.

One thing about it, to get a name on the cup, the cheater better drive as good as Duran, Doug or Bryan AND have the super motor.
Mark Wampler
?/?/1950-3/8/22
Requiescat in Pace

#6 Slotgeezer

Slotgeezer

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

So.... :unsure:

If I'm reading this right, we will be running marked motors in racecars in every class that runs on the King track? :unsure:

Which would be... CanAm on Saturday, & F1/Indy on Sunday? ...

Please advise....

Jeff Easterly :dash2:

Jeff Easterly - Capt., Team Wheezer...
Asst. Mechanic, Team Zombie...
Power is coming on... NOW!!!

#7 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

So.... :unsure:

If I'm reading this right, we will be running marked motors in racecars in every class that runs on the King track? :unsure:

Which would be... CanAm on Saturday, & F1/Indy on Sunday? ...

Please advise....

Jeff Easterly :dash2:

Jeff, only the Can Am race is a handout motor race.

Keith :rolleyes:

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#8 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,799 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:14 AM

I'd be willing to bet a tear down rule would be fine to catch the legions of cheaters that we seem to fear. In lieu of that welded, signed, sealed, blessed by the Pope or the religious leader of your choice might suffice.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#9 Slotgeezer

Slotgeezer

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

Jeff, only the Can Am race is a handout motor race.

Keith :rolleyes:

Thanks, Keith...

Now I can concentrate on driving! :laugh2:

See you at "the Checkpoint".... ;)

Jeff Easterly :D

Jeff Easterly - Capt., Team Wheezer...
Asst. Mechanic, Team Zombie...
Power is coming on... NOW!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop