• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 JoB

JoB

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

In november, 17th to be exact, I placed and paid an order with www.indoormotorsports.com :mad: at their site on the web. I waited for a month before asking about my order via this email address imslot@aol.com. They say on their site that it might take four weeks for the order to come, which today is eight weeks.

At my account in order history at their site everything is there as well as order no. and payment was confirmed via PayPal, money withdrawn from my account, the normal procedure with an Internet purchase.

With all other buys from US via the net, all except for one, has come to me here in Sweden after about 10-12 days. This with just the standard USPS International mail and there is normally no problems with parcels between US and Sweden. We talking 20 and more purchases the last couple of years.  

Since then I have written them several times via email and just NO ANSWERS whatsoever!!!

Does anyone know if their are a fraud on the net just fooling people to buy stuff to earn money?

Are they out of business?

Or do the just ignore foreign customers?

Anyone out there know anything about them?
BrassChass AKA Jens Backman

#2 ravajack

ravajack

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

Sorry, but I'll have to agree completely.

I have exactly the same experience, only my absent and missing order is a month older, from October 23. Ordered, paid immediately in good order via PayPal, and waited — and have been waiting ever since.

I've now written them twice to ask what's happening, but no reply. The silence from indoormotorsports is deafening.

I've also traded with them before, and though communications is not their strongest asset, eventually the stuff has showed up.

But now almost THREE MONTHS no-show since ordering is an all time high even for indoormotorsports.

An odd thing is that when buying/ordering stuff from them on eBay, the procedure also can be a bit slow. Still no communication, but the items generally shows up a lot faster, with a delay of ”only” 3-4 weeks.

So yes, I'm interested too if anyone can shed some light on this shady and evasive business. <_<
Bertil Berggren
Overseas Observer

#3 slotcarone

slotcarone

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

:D Gentlemen,

I have never done business with them but from reading posts on this blog I can tell you that it seems everyone gets their stuff eventually. Hope you both get yours!!!

Mike Katz

Scratchbuilts forever!!

#4 vnvslot

vnvslot

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

I'm from Spain and I made some orders time ago. The time delivery was high (around a month) but all the orders arrived safely.

Antoni Espluga
VNV Slot Cars

#5 Victor Poulin

Victor Poulin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

I know this has been brought up many times before on here. In fact, I think there's a whole thread somewhere about just this. Perhaps Cheater will chime in on this.

As I recall, lots of people had posted about placing orders and waiting for ever to get them, or had not gotten them at all. I have never bought from them because of all the bad feedback I've read on different blogs.

I hope everything works out OK for you.
Alright, who cut the cheese?

#6 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

The previous thread on the vendor can be found HERE.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#7 Victor Poulin

Victor Poulin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

After reading through the old thread about this, It sounds to me like among many other things, they're selling product they don't have!! That would explain the four-plus weeks shipping.

Do they even own a commercial raceway??

#8 ravajack

ravajack

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

The silence from indoormotorsports is deafening.

Update:
I sent my last mail message to imslot@aol.com five days ago, 13 January 2010. Today, 18 January, I got a message from the mail system that the message
hasn't gone through; it is undelivered due to time-out after five days trying to reach the recipient with no success. And before someone asks: Yes, I have checked both the address and my spelling, and they are correct.

The mail time-out message means, to my understanding, that either the mail address imslot@aol.com isn't valid any more, or that the recipient's mailbox is full.

Anyone around here know of the imslot's whereabouts, or how they can be contacted in some other way???
Bertil Berggren
Overseas Observer

#9 DocSlotCar

DocSlotCar

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

File a complaint with PayPal and eBay. International Buyers have 45 days to file a complaint.
Chris DaBoer

"Stop whining, Slot Car racing is only big boys racing toys"

#10 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,152 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

Start by HERE and file a complaint with PayPal and eBay, then request an actual address from them, then go to the USPS and place a complaint for mail fraud. Once you have the address, call the local police and place a complaint for theft.

You may or may not get your money back from PayPal depending on how long you waited, but you will get them kicked out from ePay, but that probably will be a good thing.

Philippe de Lespinay

#11 Victor Poulin

Victor Poulin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

You know, guys, come to think of it, I haven't seen them on eBay lately. And I spend a lot of time on there.

Yes, you can file a complaint with both eBay and PayPal. I did it once a couple of years back. I bought and paid for a 1/24 slot car,
and never got it. It did drag out for some time, but I did finally get a refund from PayPal. To this day, I never did find out what eBay did to the seller.

I have not seen him on there since, so I'm guessing eBay banned him, or he just changed his profile to a new name.

Vic

#12 Cop Cake

Cop Cake

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

I have not seen him on there since, so I'm guessing eBay banned him, or he just changed his profile to a new name.

He DID have two eBay seller accounts running simultaneously at one time but I haven't checked recently. I played the Pay 'n Wait game almost three years ago, waiting close to three months - that was off his site. Second time was eBay and it only took a month.
Ted Decker

#13 Horsepower

Horsepower

**Numb Thumbs**

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Don't confuse Indoor Motorsports with seller imslots on eBay. Imslots is a good seller and gets the item out within ten days. The seller is Gary Nowlin, a stand-up guy.

I don't know who runs Indoor Motorsports but he is obviously NOT very honorable. Indoormotorsports has two items for sale right now on eBay so they are still there saying they're selling. Check item number:300348816816.
Gary Stelter

My life fades, the vison dims. All that remains are memories... from The Road Warrior

#14 Horsepower

Horsepower

**Numb Thumbs**

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

Bertil and Jens,

Do you want me to try to contact them through eBay's "ask seller a question" function?
Gary Stelter

My life fades, the vison dims. All that remains are memories... from The Road Warrior

#15 Cop Cake

Cop Cake

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:52 AM

Don't confuse Indoor Motorsports with seller imslots on eBay.

If you were speaking to me specifically, I am not. Richmond, VA, is not Allentown, PA, and I have bought from imslots with great results also. I'm sorry if somehow you inferred that I was equating the two.
Ted Decker

#16 Horsepower

Horsepower

**Numb Thumbs**

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

Yeah, Gary Nowlin is a good guy as evidenced by his 100% feedback rating. I saw the post about the two accounts and that had me thinking maybe someone might confuse them because of the similar names. :)
Gary Stelter

#17 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,799 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Almost all the eBay sellers that state four week delivery are ordering the product after they get your money. If the distributor doesn't have it or has a minimum order you might be in for a wait. Most of the ones that do this for slots disappear in a year or less.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#18 4laneron

4laneron

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Check out the Raceway list here on slotblog, looks like they are opening up a shop in March. If it's the same Indoor Motorsports?

Ron Warner

#19 JoB

JoB

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Lo and behold... I got an answer from them via email after a month of no answers, two in matter of fact and they wrote:

In a message dated 1/11/2010 4:00:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, joback writes:
WHY DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE MY MAILS AND ANSWER THEM!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Thanks for asking as we try to alert our valued customers that it takes several weeks to process an order in our ads and yours is important to us. We always sell product that is on order with the manufacturers so we are at their mercy for delivery as we buy in bulk several tims a year. If it has been an unusual amount of time, we have not forgotten you, but are so busy trying to aquire what you want we are slow to answer emails. please be patient with us as we always deliver! Know we will deliver your item on schedule and send you an email notice when it ships. Thanks again from indoormotorsports.com ....
www.indoormotorsports.com

and

In a message dated 1/7/2010 3:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, joback writes:
STILL WAITING FOR A LIFESIGN...HELLOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

....sorry to take so longgg......

Maybe this thread made them to see that the use of good communication is important if you want to keep customers.

Actually good communication means everything in mosta aspects of life and especially if you want a healthy relationship with your customers.

Still waiting for the parts though and maybe they will arrive before summer. :lol:

#20 JoB

JoB

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

For a month no answer and then 2 with one minute between, yes 1 minute between them?

Strange people.

#21 ravajack

ravajack

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Bertil and Jens,

Do you want me to try to contact them through eBay's "ask seller a question" function?

For me, yes please.

Unlike apparently Jens, I still haven't got any sign of life from the Indoor Motorsports operation.

And to clarify things: the deal I'm referring to in my initial post is NOT via eBay, but was a direct order from the indoormotorsports.com website.

Thanks.
Bertil Berggren
Overseas Observer

#22 Cop Cake

Cop Cake

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Check out the Raceway list here on slotblog, looks like they are opening up a shop in March. If it's the same Indoor Motorsports?

No. Different name: ASR IndoorMotorSports Raceway, and different location: Florida
Ted Decker

#23 JoB

JoB

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

This was after a lot of mails, for a long period, a few every day.

Still I'm not really happy with the answer they give; it doesn't reveal in any way WHEN except that they pointing to others why they are slow deliverers.

And what does this mean:

Know we will deliver your item on schedule...

Whose schedule??? And what schedule???

Anyway... those who wait...

#24 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,152 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:11 AM

It is simply not a way to do business and I would personally recommend to all Slotblog subscribers to stay away from them and chose sellers that deliver like right now. There are plenty of better sellers out there.

Philippe de Lespinay

#25 One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

Mike Swiss and Roger Schmitt come to mind really easily for me, in being upstanding sellers of slot car parts.

Slots-4-Ever
Brian McPherson

REM Raceway

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having FUN!"

Electric Dreams Online Shop