29 replies to this topic

#26 One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

"Shades of Color" Custom painting, sure hope Edo likes the colors?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slots-4-Ever
Brian McPherson

REM Raceway

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having FUN!"

#27 havlicek

havlicek

OCD Rewinder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

Whoah Brian...now THAT'S what I call a thingie! Just enough chassis to hold the motor, wheels, pickup and that cool body togetherPosted Image Go easy on that bad boy with that kind of gearing checking everything after a couple of laps to see how the gears and motor are doing. LOVE the body too...I think you did a great job of capturing the whole thingie vibe with this build!Posted Image

-john
John Havlicek

#28 Marty Stanley

Marty Stanley

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

Brian,

Sorry about the use of the word "Kludge". It is a vernacular phrase we started to use years ago and here is the meaning that Wikipedia can provide:

"A kludge (or kluge) is a workaround, a quick-and-dirty solution, a clumsy or inelegant, yet effective, solution to a problem, typically using parts that are cobbled together. This term is diversely used in fields such as computer science, aerospace engineering, Internet slang, and evolutionary neuroscience."

I do believe you will agree wholeheartedly with me, that is where you were headed. I'm very glad to see you held to your quality of build and decided to just start it again. The results are more than worth the added effort. Besides, now you already have an axle for your next "Thingie" sitting in the spare parts box.

I like it!
Marty Stanley
1/24/48-2/18/16
Requiescat in Pace

#29 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,398 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

Beautiful car Brian! I'd dye that white guide red to go with the arm winds & crown gear. :laugh2: Who pulls this particular thingie body? Maybe you already said who & I need to go back & reread the earlier posts? :)
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#30 One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Besides, now you already have an axle for your next "Thingie" sitting in the spare parts box.

Hi Marty,
Thanks for the meaning of the word. just by the sounds of it I knew it wasn't good!
Yea, I now have a couple of those extra axles for the next project.

Who pulls this particular thingie body?

Hi Bill,

This body came from George Hawkins (Nostalgic) in Australia,can't say for sure IF he was the person to pull the vac.body or he got it from somebody else?

I for sure wanted to dye the flag to match the other colored pieces,but I have to wait until the wife leaves the house and boil some dyed water on her new cooking stove! :laugh2:

Go easy on that bad boy with that kind of gearing

Hi John,
I sure will, the gear selection is what Mr.Frank done his H motor in his Thingie. Track results will tell the whole story.

Slots-4-Ever
Brian McPherson

REM Raceway

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having FUN!"

Electric Dreams Online Shop