9 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

Coming up this Saturday, May 15, is the 2009-10 SERRA™ Championships Final at Flashbacks Raceway in Snellville, GA. We will crown a 2009-10 Series Champion in all three of the classes we have raced this year: Can-Am, F1, and Stock Car.

If you haven't checked out Jay's scheme for how these Champions will be crowned, here's how it will work: the top six drivers in the eight race series (in each class) will seed into the Class Championship Race. Everyone else who enters will be placed into a round-robin Consi and the top two finishers from that race will advance to the Class Championship Race (if they have earned at least 1 point during the eight-race season).

After the Consi, the seeded and advancing racers' Series Points rankings will convert to Championship Points in this fashion:

1st seed= 100 points
2nd seed = 98
3rd seed = 96
4th seed = 94
5th seed = 92
6th seed = 91
7th advancing = 90
8th advancing = 90

The Championship Points for the Championship Race will be awarded as follows:

1st = 16 points
2nd = 14
3rd = 12
4th = 10
5th = 8
6th = 6
7th = 4
8th = 2

What does all of this mean? It means that EVERYONE who races at Flashbacks (and who has raced in at one other SERRA™ event) has a mathematical chance of being crowned the 2009-10 SERRA™ Champion.

We have some terrific plaques coming to award to the Class Champions as well as a bunch of slot car gear door prizes. And, like last year, we'll be headed upstairs to Summit's Tavern at the conclusion of the event for some bench racing and food (and perhaps an adult beverage or two...).

Couple of other bits of info to note...

Because we're running all three classes at SERRA™ #23, and since the raceway is directly beneath the tavern, we will NOT take the one-hour lunch break at this event. There should be plenty of time available for grabbing something to go from Summit's and Tina usually has hot dogs available at the raceway.

The racers seeded into the Championship Races will comprise the top six drivers present at the event. For example, John Clow is ranked sixth in Can-Am points and if he cannot attend (which, sadly, I think is the situation), then Kenny Hendrix will move up to be the last seed in the Can-Am Championship race.

Again, because we're running three classes at SERRA™ #23, tech for the first class will open promptly at 10 AM on Saturday morning, and close as close to 10:30 as we can manage.

The SERRA 2009-10 Championships Race should be a great day of Retro racing. Here's hoping we'll see you there!

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

The door prizes are starting to arrive and I can tell you it will be worth your time to attend SERRA™ #23 just to have a shot at winning some of this stuff.

Dave Mountz at Precision Slot Car has sent one of his killer chassis jigs and several sets of nice jig wheels.

Joe "Noose" Neumeister is donating a Noose-painted retro body of the winner's choice.

Other door prizes are en route from Rick Bennardo at R-Geo, Barney Poynor of Team CORT, and Ron Hershman of Fast Ones.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• 6,023 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Hey Greg,

I'm sending out rolls of my Super Rosin Core Solder for entries and a new F1 Super Body Mount Plate and a Can-Am Super Plate as well. If you can swing it please draw out of a hat who wins those Body Plates.

The Super Rosin Core Solder is .032" with a Mil Spec/Aerospace activated rosin flux core for fast wetting and great cleaning for electrical and chassis. I also sent you and Gil a little sample pack of solders both with the rosin core stuff and the 4% Super Silver Solder. I'm sending it to you at the track.

Have a great race, guys!

Barney Poynor
"BRONCO" BARNEY
Team CORT!

Hello my name is Barney and I was... I am addicted to glue, magnets, and wings... I have been clean and sober years now... NOW I'm hooked on 1/32 club track racing! Dang!

"Even if you're on the Right Track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"

If you remember
screw-on braid, motors that look like padlocks, that dang fuse wire in Cox controllers, "hand" painted bodies, the very first can motors from Mabuchi, and the smell of wintergreen then you are OLD!... like me!

Enjoy life! Race Slot Cars and read SlotBlog!

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Barn,

Have no fear, all of the donated prizes will be awarded by the drawing out of the hat method, unless someone sends enough items for every racer. It's the only fair way to do it.

Thank you for your kind donations to the SERRA™ Class Championships race!!

Gregory Wells

#5 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Outisight bodies are on the way!!!

#6 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

And thank you, Ron, for your donation of door prizes to SERRA™!

Gregory Wells

#7 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• 6,023 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

They are wingin' their way to ya right now via Priority Mail!

Barney Poynor
"BRONCO" BARNEY
Team CORT!

Hello my name is Barney and I was... I am addicted to glue, magnets, and wings... I have been clean and sober years now... NOW I'm hooked on 1/32 club track racing! Dang!

"Even if you're on the Right Track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"

If you remember
screw-on braid, motors that look like padlocks, that dang fuse wire in Cox controllers, "hand" painted bodies, the very first can motors from Mabuchi, and the smell of wintergreen then you are OLD!... like me!

Enjoy life! Race Slot Cars and read SlotBlog!

#8 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

Thank you, Barney. Much appreciated!

Gregory Wells

#9 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

I just received a large box of Outisight bodies from Ron Hershman to be given away as door prizes at SERRA™ #23. He sent so many that we may even be able to give everyone at least one body.

Thanks, Ron!

Gregory Wells

#10 Ralph Thorne

Ralph Thorne

Posting Leader

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Thanks, guys, for all of your donations, should be a great event.

If anybody wants to get any tuning or practice in before Saturday, Flashback's will be open Friday night 6-10 PM.

Electric Dreams Online Shop