11 replies to this topic

#1 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

Track Owner, Builder, Mobile Track Master

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

I hope to make the event. Looking for input from any potential SoCal racers interested in going, sharing rooms, etc. I have a controller and will be looking for cars in all classes. I can supply all parts needed w/backup but I no longer have the patience to build :( I can perform dial-in well but also would rather be handed the potential winning car :lol: ;) :D :)

This is where my entire family was born and raised, Dad Andrew Scott in Cambridge and Mother Mary Folden in Coshocton. Family owned a coal mine in the early 1900's till my family migrated to Oroville, CA and began Logging and owned several saw mills in NoCal.

I plan to go about 3 days early and visit family in the area.

I am very much looking forward to seeing and visiting old friends, meeting those kind folks I've been communicating with and making new friends.

I'll be bringing a smile and my controller wearing dark sunglasses :sun_bespectacled: Hell, maybe even a suit....HA!

BTW, I'm feeling so good after my first root canal and healing from 2 years of gum infection that I let my wife color my hair :lol:
Bob Scott
Cruzin' Mobile Slot Car Racing

Men can heal the lustful. Angels can heal the malicious. Only God can heal the proud. - St. John Climacus

#2 The Number of

The Number of

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

I hope to make the event. Looking for input from any potential SoCal racers interested in going, sharing rooms, etc. I have a controller and will be looking for cars in all classes. I can supply all parts needed w/backup but I no longer have the patience to build :( I can perform dial-in well but also would rather be handed the potential winning car :lol: ;) :D :)

I am sure that if you show up at the R-4 there will be a car available for you to run in all the classes,as for it being the potential winning car,that will be up to you and your controller. Usually the driving talent is pretty deep.

This is where my entire family was born and raised, Dad Andrew Scott in Cambridge and Mother Mary Folden in Coshocton. Family owned a coal mine in the early 1900's till my family migrated to Oroville, CA and began Logging and owned several saw mills in NoCal.

I am very much looking forward to seeing and visiting old friends, meeting those kind folks I've been communicating with and making new friends.

I'll be bringing a smile and my controller wearing dark sunglasses :sun_bespectacled: Hell, maybe even a suit....HA!

Make sure the suit is fireproof as you will get all the snide remarks the west coast usually gets,all in jest of course.:rolleyes:

BTW, I'm feeling so good after my first root canal and healing from 2 years of gum infection that I let my wife color my hair :lol:

Coloring your hair is required if you want to keep up with Shadow.:laugh2: :laugh2:

Bill Fulmer

The lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

#3 911GT3

911GT3

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

Definitely color your hair, it's good for a couple of tenths on the track. Just don't use the spray on stuff with glitter because the glitter gets everywhere.:rolleyes:

Eric Balicki

#4 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

I hope she colored it gray so you blend in with the rest of us. :laugh2:

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do it's because I missed my exit. 
All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#5 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Jersey John

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Team Bullet is planning to attend this year""""

John Chas Molnar

"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God 2007.2023
" Owner / Sponsor, TEAM JERSEY-TEAM AUSTRALIA 

Jerseyjohnchassis.com

Logo copy.jpg

#6 The Number of

The Number of

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Team Bullet is planning to attend this year""""

Thanks for the warning,we will start preparing now.:shok: :laugh2:
Bill Fulmer

The lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

#7 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

I hope she colored it gray so you blend in with the rest of us. :laugh2:

I've always been willing to experiment with my hair. During the days of the Beach Boys, at about age 11, (1963) I had a Blue Fender Guitar Amp and jammed in our garage w/2 friends. One wknd we decided to call ourselves the Bleach boys and the 3 of us totally bleached out our hair. 2 of us got away with some wrath from mom but we lost our drummer and that was that.
Bob Scott

Men can heal the lustful. Angels can heal the malicious. Only God can heal the proud. - St. John Climacus

#8 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Excellent Bob. It will be great to meet you. You let me know when you are arriving and we will have your competitive equipment ready. Of course, just a tick slower than mine...... :D

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

#9 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Excellent Bob. It will be great to meet you. You let me know when you are arriving and we will have your competitive equipment ready. Of course, just a tick slower than mine...... :D

See now, that's what I'm worried about. I'm sure a car from your stable would be among the fastest. I've seen where your wife placed and how fast she was! I thank you for the offer and let's see what develops.

Honestly my first pick would be that Ronny would give me 1st class rides in all classes. Despite all the hoo haw bout Ron, he's basically as sick as the rest of us :lol:

Now the West Coast Contingency should belly up and fit me for the rides but I'm such a big mouth that'll never happen ;)

Maybe I'll have go Loco....I mean Local and see if PCH Scott will sponsor me with a custom Bob Maxwell ride... ;)

Beyond the fact that I AM very competitive, I'll dial back a notch to make new friends and swap stories.

It will be a honor to meet you and spend days of prime time slot cars with what I would consider and ICON in American Slot Car History. I would like to ask your participation in filling out a form I have regarding Raceway Owners.

Gotta get back to work.

I plan to camp out near the LA Auto Show, visit and take notes on Ford's mobile slot track as well as put some laps on Scott Bader's new track. BIG things about to bust...
Bob Scott

#10 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

I've seen where your wife placed and how fast she was!

That's his daughter, Bob. And she is one hell of a driver.

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do it's because I missed my exit. 
All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#11 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Jersey John

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the warning,we will start preparing now.:shok: :laugh2:

Got my room Bill ;)

John Chas Molnar

"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God 2007.2023
" Owner / Sponsor, TEAM JERSEY-TEAM AUSTRALIA 

Jerseyjohnchassis.com

Logo copy.jpg

#12 vdel11

vdel11

On The Lead Lap

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Or shaves it to fit in with the 'other' rest of us. :D