• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 looking4skibob

looking4skibob

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I have searched eBay and Google and have been unsucessful! I received this from my parents in 1971 and my Mom just found it but the racers are missing and would like to use again.

Thanks for any help.
Jay Dashnow

#2 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

To start with , these vehicles are not HO, 1/87 scale. They were sold with the 1/32 scale track / set , despite the fact that they were closer to 1/8 scale. They used 1/32 running gear, came with white track and 2 styrofoam hills and scenery of trees in the snow. They did tend to get broken and I have had difficulty finding the unique ski/guide flag/brush holder in unbroken condition. Besides that the drivers did break off, handlebars broke, windshields went missing and the stickers fell off. You can run these with a standard guide flag, without the skis and of course without drivers.

#3 looking4skibob

looking4skibob

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Thank you for the information. I have the entire race set except for the ski bob racers which I am looking for. I only want to use the ski bob snowmobile racers , so if anyone has 2 they want to sell let me know.
Jay Dashnow

#4 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Jay, Loose snowmobiles may be close to impossible to find. Take a look at this set. Maybe you can take the Snowmobiles out and sell the remains to offset the cost. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53e5bde37b

Joe Lupo

Electric Dreams Online Shop