• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

The 3rd Annual Checkpoint Cup was a lot of fun with some great competitive racing throughout the three days at Buena Park Raceway.

Thanks first of all to BPR's Jim and Debby Watterson for hosting this great event.

A big thank you to the following race sponsors:

Jeff Bell (Mission Trail Insurance), Mike Aguirre (Who Racing), Barney Poynor (Team Cort), Bill Nolen (Billy Bob),
Bryan Warmack (Bancroft Motorsports), Oscar Morales (Team O Da Grouch) and Philippe de Lespinay (TSR).

Thanks also to our raffle prize donors:

John Cukras (AFX HO cars and Racemasters/AFX Long Beach Grand Prix HO racing set),
Paul Pfeiffer (Alpha products, ball bearings, armature reconditioning, pin hole reinforcement tape, motor lead wire, T-Shirts),
Haruki Kan (Custom Parker pen sets)
Bill Nolen (Billy Bob custom painted bodies)
John Molnar (Jersey John chassis)
Rob Hanson (custom Jail Door chassis)
Ken Stevens (custom Can Am and Int'l 15 chassis)
Barney Poynor (3 Cort Super Body Plates)
Joe Neumeister (2 custom painted bodies by Noose)
Gus Kelley (a bottle of wine for each participant and a tool set and a couple of M&M cars)
Kathy Mitome (Checkpoint Cup posters)

The race prizes can be viewed here: Race sponsors, prizes

A special thank you to our many helpers during the three days of racing.
In particular, I want to thank Barney Poynor, Philippe de Lespinay, Gary Donahoe.
And our race directors: Paul Sterrett, Robert Park, Bill Vanderziel. Thanks guys

Also, thanks to Rick Salvino and Adam Kirchhoffer for helping with the prize raffle.

Last but not least, thanks to Paul Sterrett for creating the Checkpoint Cup and his never ending hard work to make things happen.

I'm sure I left out some names, so please let me know by PM as I want to thank everyone who helped make the 3rd Annual Checkpoint Cup a success.

KeithPosted Image

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Thanks to all the sponsors and everyone who helped out AND a very special thanks to you Keith for all the tireless effort you put in to bring everything to BP and Slotblog!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop