• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Coming soon to a track near you! Retro HO races and cars!
The last two years saw the emergence of BRASCAR and retro races in NJ and AZ.
This year at the end of this month is a BRASCAR race in Florida, a support race at the HOPRA NATs in June, and the Brass Wars again in NJ in the September. Also a race here in AZ and who knows maybe another one or two in CA and the Midwest.
The long awaited LANDSHARK ANGLEWINDER is in production NOW! Look for one or two @ the Midwest Unlimited newfangled no downforce class race in a couple weeks.

newshark7.jpg
Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#2 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

And also a redesign of the classic handling pan for the Tget.

newshark5.jpg

Note the cast steel guide pin. Posted Image
Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
My link

#3 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

I cant wait till sept in NJ. I am working on 7 TCP pans & the best one i will enter. I sent a PM for 3 of your Chassis? The wire one from last year, The new side winder looks like a dyna-Brute, & nice TJET pan. AL you do some nice work.
Thanks John
John Falzarano

#4 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the kind words John!
I will have some kits and RTRs next month. Right now we sent out a couple cars to make their racing debut this weekend.
This one is off to the BRASCAR race in Florida. Posted Image
prize 4.jpg

It will be raffled off afterward.
prize 3.jpg

Al Thurman
My link

#5 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

coming soon
Inline motor bracket!
inline brkt 002 (600 x 450).jpg

With nose piece.
Al Thurman
My link

#6 John Stezelecki

John Stezelecki

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

Is there any interest in having another Brass wars race like the 1972 Parma H O Challenge?

#7 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Al,
How long for a Land shark & motor brackets?
PM when your ready
Thanks John F

John S,
What do you have in mind?
Thanks John F
John Falzarano

#8 John Stezelecki

John Stezelecki

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

John F.

I'm trying to figure out how much interest there would be to run a race like the 1972 parma H O Challenge on the original Parm H O track. Could we field a enough racers to come to MA to have such a race?
Stez

#9 lbishov1

lbishov1

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

I also would like to buy a Landshark chassis.
Larry Bishoy

#10 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Larry, I need you and anyone else who has sent a msg and not heard back from me to Email me at al.thurman@yahoo.com . When I use the response feature to the private msg's they don't work, and the failure notices go to spam file. Yikes, I struggle with computers.
Six months ago I bought Norton Antivirus. I am really paying for it lately. My puter in the office is junk, pulled the plug. This one in the living room is giving me an occasional blue screen. Thanks Norton! :angry:
I will have chassis kits ready to ship next week. Stay tuned, I hope to post new pics soon, as long as this puter lasts! :rolleyes:
Al Thurman
My link

#11 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

AL,
I tryed to copy & paste & your email did not work?
Can you PM me I would like Landshark & motor brackets.
Thanks John F
John Falzarano

#12 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

Al,
Please add mailing address to your web site so i can send you MO.
Thanks John F
John Falzarano

#13 ssscamaro

ssscamaro

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hi i am very interested in one of these. please let me know how to purchase and pay. have sent multiple emails.
Thanks
Ryan
Ryan Archambault

#14 John Stezelecki

John Stezelecki

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

Ryan,

Since you live in MA.This class car should be a blast on both the 1970 Car Model Magazine H O track and the 1972 H O Parma Challenge 8 lane track that will be at Modeville Hobbies in Ashland, MA. Peter Lentros will be restoring the Parm track to it's original condition. A good photo of this track is shown on the Riggenho site at www.riggenho.com
Click onto Brass Wars then go to the menu on the left and click onto Gary Ryder. Scroll down till you see the orange Engleman. If I'm not mistaken Al Thurman raced on this track during the Parma Challenge.
Stez

#15 ssscamaro

ssscamaro

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

John,
just met peter at modelville yesterday. i commend him on the "active racing museum" he is building, Great place!! I showed him my doug morris angle winder and riggen cars. When he told me he was getting the parma track i about jumped out of my shoes! Saw that track years ago in some old parma literature and again recently on the riggen site. I was wondering if anyone new where it had gone just this past friday night! I wouldof loved it here but im glad he(you) found it!! Ran the brass cars on the champion track, wish you had been there to check them out. Agree the model car track will be great.
look forward to the landshark to add to my collection( think im on Als list?) Will be great to get this racing going around here. once my track is complete im hoping to showcase an "iroc" type series with them.

Ryan
Ryan Archambault

#16 John Stezelecki

John Stezelecki

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

Ryan,
Most of us at Modelville are looking forward to having some great H O races with the Brass cars on the Parma track. I'm not sure how long it will take to restore it but once it's done, it should be a blast to race on. I'm hoping that the 1970 Car Model Magazine track will be finished within the next 45 days. The section that was damaged in shipment went back to Brad Bowman last week. I'm not sure how long it will take for him to remake the section. I think there may only be one other Car Model Magazine track left in the country and that hasn't been driven on for many years.

It's amazing that Modelville will have the 1972 H O Parma Challenge track, the 1970 H O Car Model Magazine track and the 1/24 scale original proto type Ameican Sovereign aka Purple Mile track, the only one left in the world, all under one roof.

Peter Lentros will be sending in the plans to Brad Bowman this Friday, This will allow Brad Bowman to start the construction of the H O Sovereign/ Purple Mile. This project by Brad could take about 3 months to build. It will be the only copy of the 1/24 scale track done it H O . I'm guessing it will sport a 56 degree banked turn. The 1/24 scale bank is around 66 degree. Like the 1/24 version the H O version will have 8 lanes. The 1/24 scale is one mile in scale. I'm expecting that the H O version will be over a 1/64 scale mile. Going over a scale mile may be needed to accomodate 8 driver stations on the main shoot.

#17 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

I am back!
I pulled the plug on the computers for a while. I was wasting too much time. The one in my office is dead as Dillinger. The one in the living room gets blue screen all the time. Had to buy some different antivirus and press the puter from under my track into service. Now we can move forward. Thanks Norton! :angry:
Steve Medanic and myself traveled to the race in Cleveland,1972 in Steves 65 VW. We arrived rather late and firsdt thing my controller blew, wiping out my first practice. I borrowed a Parma controller and got in line for one last practice. I repared my Atlas cornthrower andv did not race well. Steve drove very well and made the Main. If he had drove my car he would have done much better. It was certainly good and attracted attention, A simple floating pan arrangement.. George Sherlock made an offer I coud not refuse, and I used the cash to buy us dinner accross the street, another Parma tradition. I built another car like that for Randy Karzewski and he won the IN HOPRA race @ G&G in Griffith with it.. Those races a@ Parma plus the one in Plainfeild @ Twinn K that summer were something!
John, I hope to run again on that track.. Retro style cars will be fun on that. That is indeed quite a raceway there, with a Puple mile and all. First the Nats this Summer then we will see. If business picks up a bit I can travel more. Problem with that is when you do all the work, when bisiness cranking it's hard to get away. :o
I am busy building up stock of all products and be ready to ship this week.. I am handing off Online puchasing to my trusty employee , Amanda. She does such a nice job for me in the lab ,why not? Those of you who made inquiries can expect an Email from her soon. This makes so much sense because I rather dislike computers lately. They break my mind.
Also it frees up time for me to assemble a tutorial on assembly and tuning tips to appear here and Planet Of Speed.
Pics soon!
Al Thurman
My link

#18 John Stezelecki

John Stezelecki

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

Al,
Thanks for the information. Were trying to get as much history about the track that we can get. I'm not sure how long it will take to restore the Parma track but when it's done , you can bet that we will let the brass world know that it's ready to race on. Hope to see you in Ashland soon.
John Stez

#19 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Things are begining too pick up momentum for the Retro race @ the HOPRA Nats. The guys who race the "Frey" Tjets are amazingly fast so I am curious how these experts will go with one of these Tjet pans and a lexan body, in the Retro race.
Tjet.jpg
I also now have unbreakable cast chrome alloy steel guild pins.
pins.jpg
I have a small supply of Landshark Anglewinder kits ready, also.
chassis.jpg
And some kick arse little motors.
motor 1.jpg
RTR cars as soon as I get some exceptable tires.
I have a tutorial on pickup wipers on Planet of Speed, along with an ad in the classifieds
A race on the eastern seaboard would be way cool as that is where a great deal of interest in these cars are, and would likely be well attended. If at all possible I would attend if I have the money to do so. Gotta sell cars!
Best Al
Al Thurman
My link

#20 lbishov1

lbishov1

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Hi Al,

Have my first Landshark up and running along and a tjet with your handling pan. Both run sweet! I'd like to order more. PM me when you can and I'll tell you what I'd like.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Bishoy

#21 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hi Larry, great to hear!
I have batch of stuff now done and ready to ship, Landshark anglewinder kits,Motors,Inline motor brackets, Tjet handling pans and steel guild pins.
I have RTRcars almost done. BRASCAR legal and competitive.
It has come to my attention that when people send MSG's through these BBS when i reply for some reason you dont get it. Contact me directly at al.thurman@yahoo.com and I can fix you up with what you need.
Six weeks to the Nats!
Al Thurman
My link

#22 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

chassis 002 (600 x 450)inline kit.jpg
Inline kits are now in stock.
products 004 (600 x 450) frames.jpg
and anglewinders too!
Al Thurman
My link

#23 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:08 AM

Al,

Any pictures of inline complete?

Thanks John F

John Falzarano

#24 Pat McGee

Pat McGee

Representative for the Guild of Calamitous Intent

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Here's mine, not complete but getting there.....

inline 1 3.JPG

inline 1 1.JPG

inline 1 2.JPG
What's all this brouhaha?

I'm told I have a face for radio and a voice that belongs in the newspaper...

Follow me for fun! Go slot car racing!

#25 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hi John!
securedownload2 (600 x 450).jpg
Pats car is like we used to build em. With mine i am trying to include a degree of flex by using one u shape piece of 032 wire. Sort of like a baby 1/24 D3 car. Thats what can be done with these baby M20 Mabuchi motors. :)
Al Thurman
My link

Electric Dreams Online Shop