2 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

The 26th race of the SERRA™ series was held on Saturday, January 15, at Larry and Tina Black's Flashbacks Model Raceway in Snellville, GA. The day started out a little slowly, with just a few for Stock Car and F1 but by the time we got to Can-Am, we had a full track of eight racers.

It was great to have Jeff Chambers join us for this race. Jeff not only worked at Georgia Hobby Center in Fayetteville, GA, for most of its existence, but later was the proprietor of Speedway Slotcars, also in Fayetteville. The Flashbacks Kingleman came from Speedway so Jeff was back racing on his old track nearly four years after closing Speedway. His performance in Can-Am shows he sure hasn't lost any of his touch on the controller.

It again was great to have Tim Ferguson (and the lovely Lavonne) join us for this race as well. Howard Whitworth and Dallas Jackson drove in from AL to race, too.

Even though the turn-out was again a bit sparse, we had some great and close racing, with long stretches in every class where people stayed in the slot. We loaded two blanks into the SRT system for Can-Am so we could use the two sit-outs for marshals. During some of the heats, the marshaling crew was a pretty experienced bunch: three current or former raceway owners! Thanks to Lavonne Ferguson, Larry Black, and Mark for their marshaling help. And thanks to the racers who marshaled for classes they didn't enter.

SERRA™ next event, #27, will be held at Slots of Fun in Abbeville, SC, on February 26, 2011. We always have a great time at Slots of Fun, which is one of the best small raceways I've ever seen. If you haven't visited this facility, you really should make plans to join us there for SERRA™ #27!

Stock Car

1) Jay Guard - 230 laps, best lap of 5.769 secs in blue
2) Ralph Thorne - 226, 5.930 in yellow
3) Joe McIntosh - 215, 5.930 in yellow
4) Dallas Jackson - 157, 7.191 in green

Concours
Best Appearing: Dallas Jackson
Most Realistic: Dallas Jackson

F1

1) Ralph Thorne - 240 laps, best lap of 5.488 secs in orange
2) Jay Guard - 238, 5.551 in blue
3) Joe McIntosh - 206, 5.706 in white
4) Howard Whitworth - 190, 6.212 in blue
5) Dallas Jackson - 185, 6.711 in black

Concours
Best Appearing: Joe McIntosh
Most Realistic: Joe McIntosh

Can-Am

1) Ralph Thorne - 252 laps, best lap of 5.320 in blue
2) Jay Guard - 249, 5.269 in yellow
3) Joe McIntosh - 243, 5.328 in yellow
4) Tim Ferguson - 236 + 15 sections, 5.551 in blue
5) Greg Wells - 236 + 12 sections, 5.550 in purple
6) Jeff Chambers - 219, 5.492 in purple
7) Howard Whitwoth - 199, 5.883 in yellow
8) Dallas Jackson - 188, 6.316 in yellow

Concours
Best Appearing: Joe McIntosh
Most Realistic: Jeff Chambers

We did take pictures at this race and I'll try to get them posted tonight.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Rotorranch

Rotorranch

What's a title?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Greg, I had a blast! I really had a great time.

Ralph hooked me up with a great car... way better than the driver! Joey did a great job, as usual, mounting up my body. Thanks y'all!

I'm really looking forward to the next race. Maybe I can find all my stuff by then!

Thanks to Larry and Tina for hosting the event, Mark and Lavonne for marshaling, (I kept her busy in the donut), SERRA™ for putting on the race, and all the racers for coming to the event.

Rotor

Sorry I didn't get more pics of the race. Kinda hard to marshal and take pics. :laugh2:

SERRA #26 FLASHBACKS RACEWAY, SNELLVILLE, GA

JANUARY 15, 2011

Can-Am Main

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Jeff Chambers

Posted Image      Posted Image
                                         "Kinky Kar"

#3 Ralph Thorne

Ralph Thorne

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

While the turn-out might not have been the biggest, it was a very quality field of good drivers and good people. It was awesome to have Jeff and Tim back as they are both great racers.

I tested the car I loaned to Jeff and went a 5.3 with it, within 5 laps Jeff was running 5.4s and he hasn't been on a 1/24 scale track in four years!

As far as I know everyone who was there mentioned they were going to SERRA #27 in Abbeville. I can't wait!

Electric Dreams Online Shop