No replies to this topic

#1 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

The R4/4 is just a few weeks away. Hopefully many of you will be able to attend. Last year the attendance was down a bit but the level of competition and the amount of fun had by all reached new heights. I can't tell you how thankful Cindy and I both feel for your continuing support of this event. We have been working hard to give you the best race weekend we can.

Once again we have signed with the Holiday Inn located at 5495 Maxwell Place Columbus, OH 43228, as the “ R4/4 Headquarters Hotel” and they have offered us the special rate of $75.00 per night. It is a new hotel that is located in the center of the cluster of hotels that many of you had stayed in for past R4s. Swimming pool, on-site restaurant, and bar/lounge are just a few of the amenities they offer. For a hotel this nice, in this area, and especially for this time of the year that is a VERY low rate. Those that stayed here last year were very pleased.

If you need another reason to stay at the Holiday Inn, here it is. Back by popular demand is the Annual R4 Bench Race Bash. Last year this was a BLAST! The meeting room at the Holiday Inn on Saturday night (9:00 PM to midnight) will once again be “Ground Zero” for this must see event. Come on over, bring your "adult beverage" if you want (it's about 20 feet from their lounge) and meet new friends as well as reunite with old ones. This will be a perfect time to relive old race experiences. Remember that the older we get, the faster we were. And if anyone has any cool historical slot racing stuff, bring it along. I think it was unanimous last year that this is a “can’t miss” event. You don't have to stay at the Holiday Inn to attend. It would just be more convenient.

Please call and reserve your rooms BEFORE March 1st to get these low rates. If there is any problem or if you wait too long to reserve PLEASE call me first as I have some leeway in my contract with the two hotels.

Cindy and I are both looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new people at this years event.

PLEASE NOTE A REDUCTION IN ROOM RATE TO $75.00. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOOKED A ROOM THEY WILL ADJUST THE PRICE FOR YOU.

Contact info:

Holiday Inn - 5495 Maxwell Place Columbus, OH 43228 (614) 335-1150

Just mention Tom Thumb Hobbies or the R4 to get the special rate.

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

Electric Dreams Online Shop