No replies to this topic

#1 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

After testing the new LapMaster system the last several weeks I have found the LiveTiming feature to be really nice. Unfortunately I have also discovered just how bad my internet provider is. While webcasting the video and audio along with the live scoring the ustream portion crashed and stopped. I then restarted it without audio to save some bandwidth (it helped) but my bandwidth was still so low as to stop some of the automatic results postings.

So, after an informal poll of viewing preferences, I have decided to start with the ustream feed with NO audio and the live scoring. If this starts having problems then I will drop back to live scoring ONLY - no camera feed.

I am sorry that I am forced to do this. My ISP (ATT DSL) has told me time and time again that, short of a dedicated T1 Line, this is the best I can get. And until recently the only other provider available (Time Warner) wanted almost 10K in construction costs. But something must have changed because last Friday I signed a contract with them and should have MUCH faster service in about 2 months.

That's the good news. The bad news is that you blog members who can't come to the race will probably have no picture this year. I think, however, that you will REALLY like Live Scoring. Next year we should be good for a full webcast.

The link for the R4/4 (and any other race we host) is www.tomthumbhobbies.com/LiveTiming (make sure to use a capital "L" and a capital "T" as I am hosted on a Unix server which is case sensitive)

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

Electric Dreams Online Shop