• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

So we are in the final round of a drag race in the .990 index class and the car I'm using is flawless and goes straight as an arrow.

The guy I'm racing gets some kind of a time shot for what I don't understand but he gets one pass by himself and it was not a bye run. So I'm cool with this and talking to someone as it is done. Time to line up and I get my lane clean, glued, and ready to run, up to the tree. Staged and the green light is on and I'm out on the guy. At just passed 1/2 track my car makes a move almost jumping out of the track and the guy passed me just after and we both finish. I'm like dumbfounded but accept the loss until I see someone rolled glue in my lane about 6 inches before the finish line. I call the guy who runs the race and one of the owners over to show them what has taken place. So my opponents friends are all pitted right by were this happened and are saying he beat you by there anyway. So I start to roll my car back to see if there was anything in the slot and right were my car made the move at 1/2 track there were three fresh glue drops about a inch apart with my tire track in them . So at this point I'm relay pissed and I call the owner over again and show him and tell him I want a rematch because it is clear that I was sabotaged. They see the glue but no one will fess up to it and the guy who won is refusing to do a rematch. What a way to win. At this point I'm disgusted and just let it go with some grumbling.

After I think about it I think the owner should have stepped up and have said we are going to split the win money between us instead of paying 1st and 2nd. Just so it does not happen another time. If you get away with it they will try it again.

I understand I'm just one guy and not really in the loop of people drag racing and they spend money having the place fix and build stuff for them. I build and race my own cars so I just buy parts . But I think these people should not be able to get away with this kind of behavior.

It is a shame because I was really looking forward to Drag Racing.

Read more HERE.
Joseph Migliaccio. Karma it's a wonderful thing.

"Drive it like you're in it!!!"

"If everything feels under control... you are not going fast enough!"

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#2 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'd boycott running in the next drag meet, yet still show up to keep an eye on these individuals. If the trackowner(s) doesn't want to get involved to right a wrong, let your money do the walking. :shok:
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#3 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Agreed, and show him a print of this along with the whole thread:

TRACK OWNER, WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU ARE A JERK AND HAVE TINY LITTLE BALLS. :angry:

Now the lesson for you: if you ever run there again, send a buddy to watch the track before your passes, and make sure that he carries a baseball bat in case things get hot. :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

Joe,

Thanks for the info, I see why most slot car tracks don't stay open long !
Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#5 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,317 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Peter,

Not all tracks are run like this. I've been racing on commercial tracks since 1967. I've heard my share of similar war stories, but have never had to experience any of them. :)
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#6 68Caddy

68Caddy

The Direktor

• 10,546 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

I agree with Philippe except that the owner has no balls at all. :laugh2:
Why do you want to have bad publicity on any forum? :o I think the guy who won, can not have
a good feeling about this win?
Joe so sorry to hear this, but it is really sad that guys are not fair to each other!

Nesta
- Gabriel
Nesta Szabo

In this bright future you can't forget your past.
BMW (Bob Marley and the Wailers)

United we stand and divided we fall, the Legends are complete.
I'm racing the best here at BP but Father time is much better then all of us united.
Not a snob in this hobby, after all it will be gone, if we keep on going like we do, and I have nothing to prove so I keep on posting because I have nothing to gain.
It's our duty to remember the past so we can have a future.

Pistol Pete you will always be in my memory.

#7 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

This can happen when you race for money. Cash prizes tend to bring out the worst in people. Next time inspect the lane before the money run, if you decide to go back.

I am not a doctor, but I played one as a child with the girl next door.

#8 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

I never even thought something like this would happen. I have raced with some of the guy's at other places before and nothing like this ever happened so I would guess it would have been one of the new comers.
I was so excited for this Drag program and I did as much promoting as I could to get more people there.
I would not want to do anything to hurt the place but I'm very disappointed with the out come. I think I will talk to the two owners and the guy who runs the race and see if they agree to make an announcement saying if something like this happens again the prize will be split up half each. If they do not agree well we know were they come from and care about.
I do not know if the guy I was racing did the dirty deed or had something to do with it BUT if I won like that I sure would give the opponent a fair chance. This guy refused to leading me to think he indeed know what was going on. I would have said clean the track and lets do it over. I do think it was done by two people due to the two different ways the glue was put on the track.
Well thanks for the input guy's.

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#9 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'd boycott running in the next drag meet, yet still show up to keep an eye on these individuals. If the trackowner(s) doesn't want to get involved to right a wrong, let your money do the walking. :shok:

It is a shame I have been going there for meany years and bring my son there to race as well.

Now the lesson for you: if you ever run there again, send a buddy to watch the track before your passes, and make sure that he carries a baseball bat in case things get hot. :)

Maybe a camcorder showing the track. I do not think it is worth getting arested over. Maybe just step on his car. :D

Thanks for the info, I see why most slot car tracks don't stay open long!

Last thing i would want them to do is close as they just finally turned the place around after getting rid of a few deadbeats who worked there that was long overdue.

I think the guy who won cannot have a good feeling about this win?

I don't know about that Nesta if so he would have said let's do it over.

This can happen when you race for money. Cash prizes tend to bring out the worst in people. Next time inspect the lane before the money run, if you decide to go back.

It was not even that much money. I think he got around $45 and I got $20. It was more that he did not win fair and I was cheated.

#10 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Tell LT to man up. That sucks.

Anthony 'Tonyp' Przybylowicz

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#11 Victor Poulin

Victor Poulin

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Joe,
If it were me, I think I'd give it one more shot just to see if this continues. If anything like this happened again and the track owner doesn't step in, Id say bye bye to that raceway. Your money will spend at any raceway!! Nobody wants to race with people who need pull that kind of crap to win! The fact that the guy wouldn't make another pass, makes you wonder? If he beat you fairly why wouldn't he be willing to take another pass? Sounds a little fishy to me.

Vic
Alright, who cut the cheese?

#12 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Jersey John

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

You got humped Mig......Were is a pair of big ones when you need them !!!

John Chas Molnar

"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God 2007.2023
" Owner / Sponsor, TEAM JERSEY-TEAM AUSTRALIA 

Jerseyjohnchassis.com

Logo copy.jpg

#13 Slots-A-Lot Raceway

Slots-A-Lot Raceway

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Listen he is just a big baby no cheeting is going on the only one who cheats is him. From the kids race on saturday nights to hard body on tuesday nights if he can't win he cries. I can go on and on about him but I don't have enough time wright now.

#14 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

Listen he is just a big baby no cheeting is going on the only one who cheats is him. From the kids race on saturday nights to hard body on tuesday nights if he can't win he cries. I can go on and on about him but I don't have enough time wright now.

First off I would like to know how I cheat ? This is a insult and I tryed to keep this as fair and not hurt Slot's A Lot raceway in any way.
I'm a racer bulder I don't need to cheat.
What a pisser, did I say a word the week before when I went into the finel round and lost ?
I did not say anything untill I saw the glue and Rob antd tony even saw it.
Am I just suppose to just make like it did not happen ?
Any time I say somthing there is just cause like running a race with out break out times.
I'm not a big baby I just like it be fair.

#15 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Seems to me, Mike, that he has a legitimate claim here. ;)

Philippe de Lespinay

#16 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Mig, This whole thing is unfortunate especially since I have been working on cars to race there. I know Kenny just a little and Rob just a little better. I am not sure they would condone such actions. From now on I think there should be stricter rules. Everyone away from the track especially on the money runs. Also take a spotter with you. If they know you are watching they will be less likely to cheat. Don't let a few dirtbags ruin it for you. Stand your ground. Let them go somewhere else to race. If all else fails, next time ram your fist down their throat ;).

Joe Lupo

#17 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Mig, This whole thing is unfortunate especially since I have been working on cars to race there. I am not sure they would condone such actions. From now on I think there should be stricter rules. Everyone away from the track especially on the money runs. Also take a spotter with you. If they know you are watching they will be less likely to cheat. Don't let a few dirtbags ruin it for you. Stand your ground. Let them go somewhere else to race. If all else fails, next time ram your fist down their throat ;).

Joe bring the cars down and race it is a blast and there was talk about doing bracket racing on Friday night instead of mixing it in with the heads up index classes on Thursday night.
I never had a problem with brackets but I will be on the look out from now on.
I think it is more with the guy's who run the index heads up class as this is when it happened. most of them leave once the two index classes are done.
I would not want anyone to go to another raceway as I like competition and they just got this program off the ground after a long period of no drag racing.
They are not going to be able to keep any one away from the track as there is just not enough room.
Make it clear I'm not placing blame on the raceway and I understand they do not want to make waves.
But I do think this needs to be addressed by the raceway and there should be alterations in the payout if something like this happens. Maybe something like split the pot 50/50.
These are big kids playing with toy cars and I do not think it is worth fighting over.
Joe I hope to see you there.

#18 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• 8,844 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Joe bring the cars down and race it is a blast and there was talk about doing bracket racing on Friday night instead of mixing it in with the heads up index classes on Thursday night.
I never had a problem with brackets but I will be on the look out from now on.
I think it is more with the guy's who run the index heads up class as this is when it happened. most of them leave once the two index classes are done.
I would not want anyone to go to another raceway as I like competition and they just got this program off the ground after a long period of no drag racing.
They are not going to be able to keep any one away from the track as there is just not enough room.
Make it clear I'm not placing blame on the raceway and I understand they do not want to make waves.
But I do think this needs to be addressed by the raceway and there should be alterations in the payout if something like this happens. Maybe something like split the pot 50/50.
These are big kids playing with toy cars and I do not think it is worth fighting over.
Joe I hope to see you there.

Split, my a$$, the other car should been DQ'ed and you get 1st AND 2nd place money. LOL Accident, intentional? Doesn't matter. The lane was tampered with, that is a DQ, no questions asked.

Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products
LIKE my Facebook page for updates, new releases, and sales: Rgeo Slots...

Lead! The easy equalizer...

#19 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Unfortunately when money comes into the picture this stuff happens. No different than pro racing when I was racing.

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#20 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Jersey John

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Unfortunately when money comes into the picture this stuff happens. No different than pro racing when I was racing.

You were a Pro ???Posted Image

John Chas Molnar

"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God 2007.2023
" Owner / Sponsor, TEAM JERSEY-TEAM AUSTRALIA 

Jerseyjohnchassis.com

Logo copy.jpg

#21 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Some days..

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#22 Rob Valenti

Rob Valenti

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

TRACK OWNER, WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU ARE A JERK AND HAVE TINY LITTLE BALLS. :angry:

Rob Valenti
Slos-a -lot Raceway
1100 Hempstead Turnpike
Franklin Square, N.Y. 11010

Now you know who I am and where I am, feel free to come by and check out my balls!
You guys have no clue what transpired on Thurs. night. So don,t offer your opinions on a one sided story!
Don't listen to everything you hear, it might not be to healthy!

#23 Rob Valenti

Rob Valenti

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Rob Valenti
Slos-a -lot Raceway
1100 Hempstead Turnpike

Now you know who I am and where I am, feel free to come by and check out my balls!
You guys have no clue what transpired on Thurs. night. So don,t offer your opinions on a one sided story!

#24 Slow1ron@yahooo.com

Slow1ron@yahooo.com

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

"So don,t offer your opinions on a one sided story!"

You are certainly not offering the "other" side of the story. Kind of makes one wonder about them balls !
Ron Van Wagnen

#25 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

Rob Valenti
Slos-a -lot Raceway
1100 Hempstead Turnpike

What transpired last Thursday night was great racing until this happened.
You saw the glue and I know your decision was spur of the moment at the time and we left it at what it was .
The point here I was trying to make is that this needs to be addressed so it does not happen again.
It is just not fair and not the way to win , If it is not addressed it will happen again.

Electric Dreams Online Shop