6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Difalco

Jim Difalco

Backmarker

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Racers, below is our complete controller lineup showing all our new Genesis models and features along with our dual polarity "E"motion controllers and a list of available HD30 networks.

Besides the new E.S.P. brake relay the controllers now feature an "E"lectronic reset power fuse and a new lower amp brake fuse for better protection of the brake rheostats.

As you can see by the pictures the first 60 Genesis controllers come with custom painted handles by Race Pace's Bill Pinch. Some models have a single fogged color and the more expensive controllers have a silver inlay. We also brought back the all gold finish on some of the HD30 controllers, and at the price of gold today this may be the last time we ever do this.

Racers going to Tom Thumb to race this weekend can win a DD270 in a drawing.

The first picture shows the DD270, the second is the DD268 and the bottom picture is the DD267

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Design change overview: All Genesis controllers now feature a cable type design. The heatsink has been moved from under the handle to the track panel and results in a lightweight handle design with a flexible cable from the handle to the heatsink unit. All Genesis controllers also feature a new brake and transistor fuse for enhanced reliability. These controllers are positive polarity only and can not be switched to negative polarity. We will still be selling dual polarity "E"motion controllers.

GENESIS PRO PLUS 1/24 CONTROLLER

DD267: Our new low priced controller retains our 15 band controller design with a new multi range adjustment pot. The sensitivity range has been slowed down to better match Falcon,16d up to G20 type motors compared to our "E"motion DD238 model. An adjustable Fanatic type pot on band 15 allows the racer to shift the band sensitivity up to 165 ohms or down to 115 ohms to match their type motor. The controller features the Genesis design with 14 ga wires. Replaces the DD238 model. $194

GENESIS FANATIC 1/24 CONTROLLERS

All Genesis Fanatic controllers feature our new layout with a Hybrid cable between the handle and the heatsink. This hybrid cable consists of 2) 14 ga. wires for the brake circuit and 3 very small wires to activate our electronics. This gives a very light controller with a super flexible cable. All Fanatic controllers come with our Blast full power relay and 10 ga wires from the heatsink unit to the track.

DD268: Our most versatile controller, especially if you race multiple scales or wing cars! Installed with our 20 ohm Fanatic pots this controller can run any car from homeset 1/32, H.O. up to the fastest G7 motors by adjusting the Fanatic pots with a twist of a screwdriver. This model features an economy brake rheostat and Blast relay. Replaces the DD238FAN15 model. $222

DD269: All the features of our DD268 model but with the upgraded heavy duty Pro brake rheostat. 20 ohm Fanatic pots. Replaces
the DD236 model at a new lower price! $289

GENESIS HD30 CONTROLLERS

All Genesis HD30 controllers feature a single multiconductor cable design between the handle and the heatsink. All HD30 controllers also come with our Blast full power relay and 10 ga. wires from the heatsink to the track. All HD30 models come standard with a 148 ohm HD30 network (medium response) installed which is best suited for 16d and G12 motors. Optional networks available on next page.

*****INCREDIBLE NEW FEATURE ON ALL GENESIS HD30 CONTROLLERS*****

Extreme Stopping Power brake relay. Our new E.S.P. brake relay significantly improves full brake response for scale and retro type racing. The brake relay is controlled by a tiny switch on our circuit board. When activated the heatsink mounted relay bypasses the brake rheostat and the fuse to give the shortest resistance path and maximum braking. Since the relay does not depend on contact between the trigger and the brass brake post the braking response will not degrade because of arcing built up on the contact surfaces. This means perfect and consistent braking every time.

DD270: 30 band controller with economy brake rheostat. Optional plug in networks let the racer tune their controller for any car from 1/32 homeset to the fastest G7 motor. E.S.P. brake and Blast relay. Replaces the DD250 model. $258

DD271: 30 band controller with upgraded Pro brake rheostat. Optional plug in networks available. E.S.P. brake and Blast relay. Replaces the DD251 model. $318

"E"motion CONTROLLERS

When you need dual polarity we still make our classic "E"motion controllers!

DD237: 15 band Fanatic controller. Upgraded Pro brake rheostat with 3 ohm resistance. Full power relay. New 20 ohm Fanatic pots will adjust to run any car from 1/32,H.O. to the fastest G7 motor. Dual polarity. $334

DD252: HD30 controller. Upgraded Pro brake rheostat with new 3 ohm resistance for wider range for scale racing. Full power relay. Comes standard with 148 ohm HD30 network (medium response) installed which is best suited for 16d and G12 motors. Dual polarity. $342

GENESIS CONVERSION MODULES

At this time Genesis conversion modules for Parma Turbo controllers and our frame are not ready to be released. I expect they will be ready for shipping April 1 at the latest. The modules will be significantly easier to build with much less talent needed by the racer to get a much better conversion than our "E"motion design. We have moved the brake fuse to the heatsink circuit board to reduce wiring. The most significant difference with the Genesis design will be the moving of the heatsink to the track panel. This eliminates the splicing of the heatsink assembly into the main wires just below the handle. Now the racer simply cuts off the alligator clips and solders the Parma wires onto the labeled section on the heatsink circuit board. Adding a power relay will require popping it into the circuit board and soldering, no wire splicing is needed! Instructions will also be totally revamped with digital photos of each step instead of drawings.

HD30 RESISTOR NETWORKS

Miniature plug in circuit board allows racer to change the overall band resistance to best suit the type of motor being used. The higher the listed ohms the slower the band response and the lower the listed ohms the faster the band response. Standard networks are soldered and ready to install and have the same value resistance per band. Custom networks have miniature sockets and various values of resistors that can be mixed and matched to get the desired response.

DD255: Standard Resistor Network. 180 ohm, slower response for flat track scale racing. $16.50
DD256: Standard Resistor Network. 113 ohm, faster response for 16d, G12, G15 and G20 motors. $16.50
DD257: Standard Resistor Network. 78 ohm, very fast response for G15, G20, G27 and G7 type motors. $16.50

DD258: Custom Resistor Network. Slow response. 33 each of 3 different value resistances let you customize response for scale racing. 136,162 and 192 ohms of total resistance if the same value is used per band. You can also mix and match resistors to best suit your track and driving style. $24.50
DD259: Custom Resistor Network. Faster response. 33 each of 3 different value resistances let you customize response for higher speed tracks and motors. 87,113 and 136 ohms of total resistance if the same value is used per band or you can mix and match response to best suit your track and driving style. $24.50
DD260: Custom Resistor Network. Very Fast response. 33 each of 3 different value resistances for customized response for high power G15,G20, G27 and G7 motors. 64,87 and 113 ohms of total resistance if the same value is used per band. You can also mix and match to best suit your track and driving style. $24.50
DD262: Standard resistor network. 290 ohms for H.O. and 1/32 homeset racing. $16.50
DD263: Standard resistor network. 218 ohms for faster response for H.O. and 1/32 homeset racing. $16.50
DD264: Custom Resistor Network. (West Coast Network) has specially selected resistors for scale and Retro cars. $24.50
  • torquemutant likes this
Jim Difalco
Difalco Design
3075 NE Loquat Lane
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
(772) 334-1987
askjim@difalcoonline.com

#2 Steve McCready

Steve McCready

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

Looks Great Jim ! any idea on how much the upgrade kits will be? say i already have an HD30 and just need the new heat sink break& cable set up
also how much for the full upgrade from an older model to the new HD30

SteveM

#3 Jim Difalco

Jim Difalco

Backmarker

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

I will not really be able to address upgrades until April. I need to work out parts needed etc. The heatsink is the same one I have used on most of the models that can be used again. Contact me in a few weeks and I might have a better idea.
Jim Difalco
Difalco Design
3075 NE Loquat Lane
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
(772) 334-1987
askjim@difalcoonline.com

#4 eAddict

eAddict

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ok... so what would you recommend?
We race EuroPlastic cars (ie SCX/NINCO/etc) as well as brass chassis ones.
The brass chassis ones we run anything from Pittman, Super 16D, Falcon I thru VII, JK Hawk, and others.

Thanks!
Vince

#5 Lucky Me

Lucky Me

Rick Maynard

• PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

"At this time Genesis conversion modules for Parma Turbo controllers and our frame are not ready to be released. I expect they will be ready for shipping April 1 at the latest. The modules will be significantly easier to build with much less talent needed by the racer to get a much better conversion than our "E"motion design. We have moved the brake fuse to the heatsink circuit board to reduce wiring. The most significant difference with the Genesis design will be the moving of the heatsink to the track panel. This eliminates the splicing of the heatsink assembly into the main wires just below the handle. Now the racer simply cuts off the alligator clips and solders the Parma wires onto the labeled section on the heatsink circuit board. Adding a power relay will require popping it into the circuit board and soldering, no wire splicing is needed! Instructions will also be totally revamped with digital photos of each step instead of drawings."

Couple of question's regarding the upgrade conversion.

1. Is the upgrade available now for existing HD30's ?

2. Is the upgrade compatible with the Ruddock diode brake pot ?

Thank you.

Rick Maynard
Build it, Race it, Break it, Fix it !

Don't Outsmart Common Sense !

#6 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

I got my HD 30 upgraded to the Genesis and hands down it's AWESOME! First time I can say I actually had brakes with a Falcon Motor. The attachment option for hooking the heat sink onto the track was a welcome addition. Great job Jim!
Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies
Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#7 911GT3

911GT3

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

First time I can say I actually had brakes with a Falcon Motor. ................... Great job Jim!

A good short circuit is the only way to stop a Falcon fast. :D

I tried a Genesis controller about a month ago and thought it was fantastic.
Eric Balicki

"Never underestimate the power of stupid."

Electric Dreams Online Shop