#1 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hello Guys,

Okay-- the first official race date for the new "Hillside" Raceway in OC is going to be the first weekend in June. Saturday--June 4th-- I'll plan on having the track available for testing and tuning starting at 10:30 am-- we'll have a lunch at 12:00 noon per the "Pebblestone" tradition--and then racing starting after lunch. We'll run the same class's as we do at Pebblestone-- and if you would like--we CAN add some D-3 class's as the cars will work on this track. We could add Can Am and Nascars--that would be very fun. But we'll go with the flow of what people can bring. For the OTHG guys-- definitely we run the Slot-it cars--both in inline and anglewind setups in different class's--and we'll have some IROC style races as well so you wont' need cars--just driving ability! So we're on the schedule--NO D-3 BPR races that weekend. Please Email me with your attendance info as I"m in a gated community!! tneja92630@yahoo.com
Thanks
Let's RACE!!
T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Just a reminder of the track design!! Fast --but challanging and FUN--good bite with both rubber OR foam tires.

Attached Images

• post-293-0-97614700-1300078947.jpg

#3 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hello to all OC racers!! Well, many of you know I had a serious event involving my heart recently--and I REALLY appreciate all the prayers and "get well" replies!! I"m here to let you know I"m doing well on my recovery--and feeling better every day!! I'd LOVE to hold a race at my track on July 2nd--IF there's enough guys that would like to race on Sat of the Holiday weekend!! July 4th is Monday--so maybe many of you are heading out of town--I"m NOT--and would LOVE to have a race at the "Hillside Raceway" for the first time. Let me know if you're interested please--and we can DO IT!!
Thanks
TIm

#4 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Tim,

Glad to hear you are feeling better, that's good news.

I'm keen to run your track, so count me in for the 2nd.
Dennis Samson
--------------------------
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#5 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

That's GREAT Dennis-- I view you as the "key" player to help me run the race as you know the race "Trackmate" programming well. I"m just learning it-- I"ll be sure the track is clean and RTR by 10:30 am-- we'll lunch at 12:00 and race at 1:00pm. I'll go as late as anyone would like to stay-- I plan on having two pit tables--8 footers and plenty of chairs. I"ve also got lights but don't think we'll need them as it's summer and light until 8:00pm-- and I"ve got a large industrial fan for a home "breeze" while it's warm.
Looking forward to opening the "Hillside" for the first time.

Thanks
Tim

#6 Craig

Craig

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Tim,

Regretfully I will not be in attendance as I have my duaghter that weekend. I took her to a race last month and she was bored to tears and I made her a promise that I wouldn't put her through it again.

Enjoy your first race and hopefully I can make the next one.
Craig Correia
11/27/57-8/12/22
Requiescat in Pace

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hey come on down Craig---I'll make sure the Jacuzzi is fired up--she can relax in there--and it's a 4 day weekend---she can sacrifice one day for Dad!!!
T

#8 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

VERY FUN race today---thanks for coming by guys. It got a little warm--but I did have a large commercial fan at one end of the track to at least keep the air moving!! The racers---

Dennis Samson
Barney Poyner
Phil Nyland
Gary Donahoe
Neil Pedinoff
Big Jim Gonzalves
John Ostrowski
Eddie Shorer
"Frenchy" Christophe
and ---Myself!!

The first class we ran was the "Inline" motor class-- consists of mostly Slot It cars. The bite on the track was coming up when we were out playing with our foam tire cars--but the temperature today got up to 95 degrees-- and we SHOULD have run a foam tire class first. The Slot it cars run mostly Orthmann tires-- silicon or natural rubber--and with the hot weather they never really laid down any rubber and the bite stayed marginal. We also had a "computer" glitch 3/4 of the way through the race and thanks to Dennis and some troubleshooting, we managed to finish the race by re-setting the computer and re-running the last two heats. We ran "round robin" style and "Euro" lane changing-- kept it fun and interesting.
I think the podium was --- Christophe "Frenchy" with a strong smooth drive to first--TIm in second and I believe Gary in third.

The second class we ran was an "Iroc" style race with the 1/32 Thursday night BPR "Peanut motor" flexi cars I have. 4 cars on the track--stay in the lanes and each driver rotate's through all the cars and lanes. This time with foam tires and Barney's secret "Love Lotion" sauce applied between each heat--the bite started coming up throughout the race. These little cars handle GREAT and are VERY fast and fun!! After all the heats the podium finish was TIm in first with "Home track" advantage drive--Barney in 2nd and smooth Phil Nyland in 3rd.
With the bit of a late start--and the "computer" glitch in the early race--this was all the racing we got in. Then Dennis, Phil, and Barney played and practiced with their other cars--everything from D-1 to "Jaildoor" F-1 cars.

Julie my wife fixed a nice lunch "Ala" Pebblestone style-- homemade Pulled Pork sliders--corn on the cob--mararoni and potato salad-- and watermelon!! Later--she brought down what Barney referred to as "vegetarian" brownies!!! Hohoho--only in his mind!! A FEW beers, sodas and plenty of water kept us all in a good racing mood. FUN DAY GUYS---next race will be "after dark" in the cool of the summer nights!!

Fun Day--thanks to all for helping out and racing!!! I'll try to post pics once I"ve downloaded them!!
Tim
The Hillside Raceway!!!

#9 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Here are some pics of the racing from Tim's first race.

Tims Hillside Rwy.jpg
Tims Hillside Rwy 1.jpg
Tims Hillside Rwy 2.jpg

The MAIN Men :laugh2:
Tims Big Wheels.jpg

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#10 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the pics Barney---that last shot definitely is the "TONS OF FUN" racing team!!! By the next "Hillside" race--I'll have the ceiling installed and LIGHTS!!! We'll race after dark--in the COOL of the summer evenings. I think Dennis will be up next at the Pebblestone Circuit-- Looking forward to the different challenge's of his beautiful smaller circuit. Now that I'm feeling better too, I need to get started on my trackside scenery ideas.
In the background of the "pits" pic--you can see the giant "tropical breeze machine" that helped keep the pits cool!! Good thing--it turned into our hottest day of the summer so far!! It helped keep the action cooler!
T

#11 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Here's some more pics that Eddie Shorer provided! Thanks Eddie!! :D

Attached Images

• IMG_5135.jpeg
  • IMG_5136.jpeg
  • IMG_5137.jpeg
  • IMG_5138.jpeg

#12 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

Tim,

Thnaks for the hospitality, and thanks to Julie for the great lunch!

It was good to try out a different, challenging track, no doubt the more we run it the better the grip will get.

My apologies for stepping on the wires!
Dennis Samson
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#13 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Dennis "Bigfoot" Samson..:laugh2:

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#14 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Dennis "Bigfoot" Samson..:laugh2:

;)
Dennis Samson
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#15 Craig

Craig

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Sorry I missed it. I couldn't convince Erika that it would be fun for her too. Hopefully next time it will be on a free weekend.
Craig Correia
11/27/57-8/12/22
Requiescat in Pace

#16 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

JUST remember that most of our races are scheduled on the First Sat of the month. That way we don't interfere with BPR --- CYA at the Western States!
T

#17 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

;)

Barney "Biga$" Poynor .....;)
Barney at the Stone 2   7-10.jpg

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#18 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Okay---our next race will be scheduled for 9/3--First Sat of Sept!! We'll plan on deciding the start time when we get a little closer to the date to check the temperature. If it's hot--we may opt for an evening race!! I should have the lights and ceiling fans in by then!! That's the plan anyway. I DO have lights that work--and the "BIG FAN" for the pits. Plan on coming--bring some of your D-3 cars and we'll run them too!! Can Am and F-1 both work here-- as well as the 1/32 inline and anglewinders!! :D
Tim

#19 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Looks like we're going to have GREAT weather for the race Saturday---it"s been in the 70's here the last couple of days with more of the same due in. Come on out and race with us!!!
Start at 11:00am--lunch included---racing from 1:00pm till dinner!! Let's play!!
Tim

#20 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

[/quote]Another fun race day on the Hillside---

RACERS--

Dennis Samson
Phil Nyland
Tim Neja
John Ostrowski
Dominic Mora
"Corvette" Shelly Licursi AKA--Ball n Chain!!

We had a lot of fun--drank a bit of wine and a few beers and LOT'S of fun racing. We did a LOT of TEST and TUNE as Dom and Shelly had a lot of NIB cars to get tuned up to run. Got a little warm today too compared to lovely 75 degrees yesterday--I think we hit 88 today!!! But--- a VERY nice group of racers enjoying cars and a nice lunch fixed by "Julie"--My Ball n Chain sweetie!!!

First race was D-3 scratch built 1/32 cars---I had enough loaner so everyone got to race of course.
Dennis Samson won with a very smooth drive and I think Phil Nyland was 2nd and me 3rd. We had a bit of two class racing with Phil Dennis and myself being the experienced racers and John, Dom, and Shelly the "newbies"!! But very close racing between each level of racer. Only a couple of laps separating each group!!

The second race was Slot -it inline cars-- and when the dust settled the podium had me in 1st --Dennis in 2nd and Phil Nyland in 3rd-- John, Dom, and Shelly all within a couple laps of each other--so very close racing. I got lucky with smooth drive to take the win!

Lunch---Cold cuts / sandwich's turkey/ ham--tomatoes onion lettuce and avocado --with Lettuce salad--potato salad --grapes and Brownies to finish!!! Beer and sodas and wine---NICE!!!!
Thanks Julie

Very fun day---THANK YOU that all attended--and those that didn't make it---YOU MISSED OUT!!!

We'll have another race perhaps in Oct as Dennis Samson who usually runs Pebblestone will be traveling the month of Oct--soo -- stay tuned and we may have another race next month!! I'll have the ceiling and fans/lights installed by then too!!! So this winter---darkness will NOT be a reason not to race!!!
Cya then--
Enjoy racing!!!!

#21 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

Sorry to miss the race Tim. Sold some Early Bronco stuff and in between people I worked on the garage. Sounds like ya had fun!

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#22 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hey glad you were able to unload some Bronco stuff!!! Good to make some money---yeah it was fun. I think the track is still coming in nicely. Ruberring up more and more. We'll probably race again In Oct as Dennis says he's traveling a lot in Oct and Pebblestone may not be available. If people want to race that first weekend--I'm willing to host again. And--my ceiling and lights/ fans will be installed by then too!!! So if we'd like to run after dark --we can!!!
Tim

#23 Torana

Torana

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

Posted Image
silly question time. by the looks of things your track is outside on your deck. how do you protect it from the weather.
DIY, it's in our DNA.

#24 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• Member at Peace
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Tim can post pics but he has roll down "shades" and covers it with a tarp. Dennis's Pebblestone is a patio track and covered as well and it works here in So. Cal. If we got your weather that may not work.....

Barney Poynor
12/26/51-1/31/22
Requiescat in Pace

#25 Torana

Torana

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

I was just wondering, as I've seen a few that are built outside on this site. I should of remembered the line from the song "it never rains in Southern California"
Looks like you have a great track, with a good bunch of guys.
T-rev....Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Electric Dreams Online Shop