• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Here's the race/photo report for the 4th Tokyo D3 race at Haruki Kan's Tokyo Cheerio Raceway (Gerding G-13 King track).

4th Tokyo D3 Race Report

Congratulations to all the podium winners and TQ's. 14 racers for the Can Am race, 10 for the F1 race, congratulations to Haruki on another successful D3 race in Tokyo.

Thanks to Akitani and Haruki for the race photos and text (as well as Japanese translations).
Thanks to the race director: Mickeyzo

KeithPosted Image

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 garyvmachines

garyvmachines

Race Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi Keith

My car raced in the Legend's (almost , Rocket - 88 ) last week ......
Thanks for all the pic.......As I wandered around the site . I saw these Pic's from Japan !!!! WOW I did not think that they raced 1/24 in Japan...... NO ROOM :) Show's what I know .......
But this track has plenty of room . Is it set up all the time ? I dont know how they Pay the rent ?? I don't know how you guy's in Cally. pay
the rent ..... We have to run on home track's , all the big track's closed , due to tuff E-con in Mo. & Ill.

I would love to get over sea's to race slot car's , East or West ........
Maybe I can Sweet talk the wife to Va-Ka with my slot car box :D in Tow .........

Vary nice car's , I see some thing's i need to try :rolleyes: RACING ALL OVER THE WORLD !!!!!:laugh2:

GAV
Gary Vogeler
12/9/60-8/29/20
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hi Keith

My car raced in the Legend's (almost , Rocket - 88 ) last week ......
Thanks for all the pic.......As I wandered around the site . I saw these Pic's from Japan !!!! WOW I did not think that they raced 1/24 in Japan...... NO ROOM :) Show's what I know .......
But this track has plenty of room . Is it set up all the time ? I dont know how they Pay the rent ?? I don't know how you guy's in Cally. pay
the rent ..... We have to run on home track's , all the big track's closed , due to tuff E-con in Mo. & Ill.

I would love to get over sea's to race slot car's , East or West ........
Maybe I can Sweet talk the wife to Va-Ka with my slot car box :D in Tow .........

Vary nice car's , I see some thing's i need to try :rolleyes: RACING ALL OVER THE WORLD !!!!!:laugh2:

GAV

Hi Gary, I believe Haruki's track in Tokyo is the only King track in Japan. There are no commercial raceways for 1/24 racing except for a couple of Plafit race centers which only run Plafit cars.

It's Haruki's own personal Gerding King track which he setup in a warehouse building he used for one of his businesses.

It's unique to Japan and Haruki has done a great job in gettng the building/track setup and starting a D3 racing group in Tokyo less than a year ago.

KeithPosted Image

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

Electric Dreams Online Shop