• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K

Mike K

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

August is here and another "Third Saturday" is just around the corner!

Scale flat track racing at Buena Park Raceway–
Saturday, August 20th

Expanded classes! 1/32 JK Falcon / 1/24 Falcon GT-LMP / GT12

Raceway opens at 8:00 AM.

1/32 tech at 9 AM – first race at 9:15 AM.

1/24 Falcon GT-LMP race starts 30 minutes after the end of the 1/32 race.

GT12 will start one hour after the end of the 1/24 Falcon GT-LMP race.

1/32 JK Falcon class- same rules as Thursday night lites except may add weight to chassis/must have either straight axle and wheels –OR- "sticker fronts". JK X32 Cheetah 11 chassis/Falcon motor/any sports car body.

1/24 Falcon GT-LMP any stamped steel Flexi chassis/Falcon motor/any GT or LMP body.

GT12 – same rules as USRA. Except may use Cahoza set ups and .540" maximum diameter arms.

So much DRAMA for such small cars....
Mike Kravitz

Don't DQ me for having the wrong SHADE of orange on my McLaren... after all, it's ONLY a toy car!!!

#2 fxgeorge

fxgeorge

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

August is here and another "Third Saturday" is just around the corner!

Scale flat track racing at Buena Park Raceway–
Saturday, August 20th

Expanded classes! 1/32 JK Falcon / 1/24 Falcon GT-LMP / GT12

Raceway opens at 8:00 AM.

1/32 tech at 9 AM – first race at 9:15 AM.

1/24 Falcon GT-LMP race starts 30 minutes after the end of the 1/32 race.

GT12 will start one hour after the end of the 1/24 Falcon GT-LMP race.

1/32 JK Falcon class- same rules as Thursday night lites except may add weight to chassis/must have either straight axle and wheels –OR- "sticker fronts". JK X32 Cheetah 11 chassis/Falcon motor/any sports car body.

1/24 Falcon GT-LMP any stamped steel Flexi chassis/Falcon motor/any GT or LMP body.

GT12 – same rules as USRA. Except may use Cahoza set ups and .540" maximum diameter arms.

Mike, USRA has allowed Cahoza set ups and .540" arms for as long as I can remember, but the angle tip magnets are not allowed...only the full height magnets. Hope this helps and have a great race this Saturday. We're having Unca Frank's Birthday Race same day up here.
George Russell

#3 Mike K

Mike K

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the information George. I'm sure the NorCal group will have an outstanding weekend!

Happy Birthday to Unca Frank!

So much DRAMA for such small cars....
Mike Kravitz

Don't DQ me for having the wrong SHADE of orange on my McLaren... after all, it's ONLY a toy car!!!

#4 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

I know this does not have anything to do with the Scale/GT12 racing, but I tought I would add it here for those looking at this thread.

Starting the Saturday, August 20, there will be an extra race addeed to the schedule for those interested.

We will run Scratchbuilt 1/32 cars after the GT12 races. THe schedule will be that we will start the S32 race one hour after the end of the GT12 race, but we will not start before 2:30pm so that those who do not want to take part in the morning's acitivites know when to arrive.

But we invite anyone who has a JK 1/32 car or a 1/24 flexi with a Falcon 7 in it to join the races in the morning as well, as it's a fun day of racing.

Rules for the S32 class will be similar to the now non-sanctioned Retro32 2.5" class.

Both anglewinder and inline welcome we will split if there are enough and we will score them separately anyway. Overall widht of chassis and tires: 2.5" maximum, with all running gear underneath the body when viewed from above.

Motors: Falcon 2 or Slick 7 Minibrute only, gearing etc all free.

Rear tires and clearance: Here is where the differences are: So that you can use the JK tires under the counter, the minimum rear tire size will be .720" and the minimum rear clearance under the rear axle will be .032". This way you can use a car that was Retro32-legal, but with over-the-counter tires.

Front tires and clearance: same as previously, .615" minimum diameter, no O-rings, and .015" minimum clearance when standing on its wheels.

Bodies: Any of the Betta, Parma, OS and Rhino bodies on sale at BPR will be legal, along with any other Betta body previously used. Please don't start putting the JK Flexi bodies or Eurosport bodies on these cars.

Let's try to keep this fun class alive and support the Raceway, espeically since they had just increased their inventory of bodies to support a class that was summarily dropped by the "new" D3.
Dennis Samson
--------------------------
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#5 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

I'll see you there for the 1/32 Flexi's.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#6 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

HEre are the results from the races at BPR on 8/20.

First off, get well soon, Mike Kravitz - he has pneumonia, but is apparently on the mend.

We did not get enough interest in the 1/32 Flexi class to run a race, so went straight into the Falcon LMP:

Name Laps Best time
Duran Trujillo 334 4.0076
Dennis Samson 321 4.058
Dennis Hill 320 4.058
Mike Who? Aguirre 317 4.230
Adam Kirchoffer 308 4.3861
Jim Watterson 306 4.3869
Tim Hould 305 4.0079
Tyler Watterson 295 4.398
Jeff Easterly 294 4.499

Thanks to Mike Boemker for Race Directing this marathon - we ran 4 lanes at a time to get some turn marshalls, so there were 18 heats!

GT12 attracted just 4 racers:

Duran Trujillo 363 3.569
Dennis Samson 358 3.629
Mike Who? 358 3.617
Tim Hould 281 3.679

The new (for 3rd Saturday racers) Scratchbuilt 32 class attracted 5 entrants, mostly due to personal issues kleeping other s away,

Dennis Samson 279 4.937
Bryan Warmack 278 4.839
Tim Hould 272 4.885
Oscar Morales 265 4.999
Jim Watterson 117 4.936

Thanks to all who attended for their support of the Raceway and these classes. A special thanks to Mike B, Jim and Debbie for their Race Directing and to Adam, Greg and Jeff who helped out with a lot of extra turn marshalling duties.

We hope to see more cars and racers next month!
Dennis Samson
--------------------------
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#7 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 7,039 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Nice Report Dennis, thanks
You can quote me.

-Mark

#8 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• 6,023 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

I would have liked to come but yard work and other "stuff" got in the way Dennis.

Barney Poynor
"BRONCO" BARNEY
Team CORT!

Hello my name is Barney and I was... I am addicted to glue, magnets, and wings... I have been clean and sober years now... NOW I'm hooked on 1/32 club track racing! Dang!

"Even if you're on the Right Track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"

If you remember
screw-on braid, motors that look like padlocks, that dang fuse wire in Cox controllers, "hand" painted bodies, the very first can motors from Mabuchi, and the smell of wintergreen then you are OLD!... like me!

Enjoy life! Race Slot Cars and read SlotBlog!

Electric Dreams Online Shop