• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

After a long wait, I can finally announce something I have wanted for many years!

FCR National Championship Series presented by Parma!

Parma's FCR slot car platform provides some of the best racing in the industry and finally FCR racers
will have a chance to compete on a national level with five divisions of racing plus a novice division!

Cup Series (presented by HRE)
Parma Spec Stock Car Series
Supertruck Series
Grand National Series
Dirt Late Model Series
Parma Challenge Series (novice only)

Compete in one, or as many as you like! Racers that compete in all five pro divisions will have a shot at the Driver of the Year Award!

This series is unlike any other you have ever seen! Limited travel! Limited expense! You can now compete for a regional and national championship while racing at your home track! The series will consist of a regular season, regional championship races, and a national championship race!

All races will compete under the FCR National Championship Series rules that provide a consistent format, allowing you to travel to other tracks and to compete under the same rules if you wish. Traveling during the regular season is not required! You can run all your regular season races at your home track. Racers earn regional points by racing in series races in their region or nearby regions during the regular season. Enter as many races as you like, in as many regions as you like. Racers' ten best finishes will count toward the overall regional championship standings that earns a spot in the regional championship race. There they can get "locked in" to the national championship race!

There will be a regional points fund, and many prizes and merchandise certificates from Parma! Also track owners who sign up as member tracks can earn merchandise certificates as well. All points fund money distributed to racers will be in the form of "trackbucks" redeemable at your home raceway! You buy the parts, and the series picks up the tab at the track with your prize money! Raceways will earn the right to host regional and national championship races based on attendance during regular season.

If you are an FCR racer this is your chance to race for great prizes and championships. If you are a raceway that has an FCR program, sign up today to start having organized races to let your racers compete on a national level! There is no cost for tracks to join the series. You don't even have to schedule special times for races, but can incorporate the national series into your weekly program. You set your schedule as you like! Have as many races as you like in the regular season. There is NO limit! If your raceway doesn't have an FCR program, you can request an exhibition race. The FCR series will come to your track to hold an FCR race with accomplished FCR competitors, and show the track owner and local racers how great FCR racing is. There is NO cost to the track for this exhibition!

This is the perfect opportunity to expand the racing program at your home track. We are searching for racers, track owners, and regional directors. Join today! Racer memberships only $5 per year and season one memberships expire Dec 31, 2012. There are currently two regions already set up, get yours started today! Season one regular season will start Nov 1, 2011.

All details and further information can be found on the FCR Series website. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.

Check us out today, and start on the road to the FCR National Championship tomorrow!

Thanks to Mike MacDowell and Parma/PSE for helping to make all this possible!

Roger Holtsclaw
Owner: Team HRE - Innovation by Design
Owner: East Tenn Model Raceway
National Director: FCR-NCS & Flexi-NCS

Co-Director: Retro South
Co-Director: Smoky Mtn Retro Association

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE
Third Eye Technology: The Image of the Sport!

#2 Larry Mattingly

Larry Mattingly

Posting Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Great concept...

Sounds a bit like the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series format, which in essence crowns track, regional and a national champion.

Rick Bennardo had a very similar concept many, many years ago. Allows local racers and tracks to partivipate in a 'series' without leaving home.

FCR racing has been suggested as the single most popular form of slot racing in the US, and this should make it even more popular.

Good luck with the project...

LM

#3 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

Good eye, Larry! You are exactly right!

I have driven 1:1 cars on local short tracks for years, even ran in Hooter's Pro Cup in '99. So I have a NASCAR background. The series is very similar to their weekly series. The only difference is, we actually have a regional and national championship race, and the cool thing is that's really the only time you would have to travel. However, if your home track earns one the those races (based on entries) you wouldn't have to travel then either!

I also wrote the rules in a manner which technically could allow running all divisions with ONE chassis! Very minor changes between divisions. You could convert your car to any other division within ten minutes at most! Doesn't get much easier than that! I don't want a racer who wants to race to not do so because of money. I have tried to take cost into consideration on everything.

I should also point out that the series is 100% non profit. ALL money taken in by the series will be given back to the racers and track owners in some way.

The series is also open to home and club tracks. You do not have to be a commercial raceway to join the series. I have many incentives for track owners to get involved. There are lots of ways for the track owner to earn some cash and merchandise. We have to keep these places open! That's the backbone of our sport.

Thanks to our series sponsor, Parma, I also have it set-up for raceways to get parts on consignment if they have a regional or national championship race. That way trackowners can have plenty of stock for a big event without paying all that money up front. I can't make it much easier to get involved with a national series than this.

I am doing this not only to promote FCR, but slot racing in general. I want this sport to be around for a long time!

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#4 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,651 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Roger,

Sounds interesting!

PM sent.

Bob Isrealite

WARNING:

Collecting ICD-9 Codes can interfere with more enjoyable hobbies.

#5 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

Sorry for delay in reply. I have been in Asheville for the Mid South USRA race. I PM'd you back!

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#6 Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

sounds like a good idea to me. I will race in the series if I can keep up my grades in school ( i have to have passing grades or my dad wont let me race).

#7 Bob D

Bob D

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

You've got to love this. It brings back memories of racing in the parma challenge cup races. I NEVER had more fun then when the challenge cup came around each year. I love running the fcr's. It was the most even, competative racing I have ever done. Hopefully there will be some races close to my area to run at.
Bob Davis

#8 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

You've got to love this. It brings back memories of racing in the parma challenge cup races. I NEVER had more fun then when the challenge cup came around each year. I love running the fcr's. It was the most even, competative racing I have ever done. Hopefully there will be some races close to my area to run at.

Where are you Bob? I'll try to make sure there is!

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#9 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

sounds like a good idea to me. I will race in the series if I can keep up my grades in school (I have to have passing grades or my dad wont let me race.)

Sounds like a good dad there! Make sure to study, and go get that National Championship!

Are you in Nashville?

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#10 Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Yes, I am in Nashville. I race at central TN raceway. Rick gave me the rules. And right now I do have all passing grades so I will be there Friday.

#11 Antiochdave

Antiochdave

Antiochdave

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hi there,

I live in California, can I get on this action? Cruzin Bob is building me a really nice track, there are pictures of my track under the home track forum [New Track Being Built]. I would like to sponsor a Parma series for my area. There are no slot car tacks in my area which is why I'm having Bob build me a track.

Let me know what I need to do.

My wife is calling me for dinner so I better go.

Thanks,
David Heistand

#12 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Yes, David, it is possible. Send me an email with your contact info. I will be in touch ASAP.

nationaldirector@fcrseries.com

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#13 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

SlotWerx

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

Looks like a good concept. Will get with Roger and see what Mid-America is going to do for scheduling.
Matt Sheldon

#14 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Awesome! Glad to have you.

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

#15 Keith Boots Mayo

Keith Boots Mayo

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Got a clarification on a rule that is needed...

Is the Regional hosting track based:
  • Top 20 / 20% qualifiers (Regional Qualified entries)
  • Most members registered from a track (FCR NCSeries entries)
  • Most race entries in the various divisions (Actual Race entries)

What is the official ruling on that??

We have 18 Registered FCR NCS members (FCR NCSeries entries). 16 members are currently qualified for Regional Races (Regional Qualified entries). Just trying to figure out if we need to plan to travel to Michigan for Regionals OR start getting ready to host Regionals...

Could you give some insight as how to interpret the Regional Qualifiers...
Keith Mayo

#16 Roho21

Roho21

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

Regionals are based on total race entries. Example: If you had 2 races, 5 racers in Cup, 5 racers in Parma Spec, thats a total of 10 entries. The raceway in a region that has the most regular season entries in that region, gets to host the regional championship for that region (All divisions) IF that raceway has facilities that can handle it.

Roger Holtsclaw

Sponsors:
Parma/PSE

Electric Dreams Online Shop