• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

A local guy inquired about when things would start tomorrow; my reply is below. We'll let y'all know the results when we got some... RESULTS, that is. :D GTR and Can-Am races on a refurbed American King track! WOOHOO! I hope to remember to pack my camera and some batteries!(maybe I'll remember to change the camera's lights source this time!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Track opens at 9am. GTR tech opens at noon; tech closes at 12:30pm. GTR qualifying commences once the data is in the computer(can be time consuming, can't it?!). GTR race(s) ensues with same computer proviso. Depending upon the dining situation, Can-Am tech will open after GTR results are announced and documented and stay open until...? Like I said, let's see how the food thing fits in and we'll go from there. Then Can-Am qualifying followed by the race(s). Simple, eh? As mentioned previously EXACT CHANGE($12 or $24) will be greatly appreciated, but we'll try to have some change there if needed.

On a side note, my evening was supposed to be like this.... drink a beer(HOW many?), get fast food, eat, put a pinion or two on a couple of new motors, pack it all up, pack non-race related gear. Finis. Instead, it began "find a dead raccoon in the back yard". Now, how am I supposed to get my groove on after THAT? Bummer. Gotta think of a place to dispose of the carcass... on the way to get fast food. May have to make a bit of a detour. I guess it was fate that decided I wouldn't need to be at ASR early to clean/glue the track... since my Friday evening schedule was going to be rudely interrupted. Stupid fate. Just kidding, heheh. (what'd I DO?!)"
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

it could be good luck: I am told that racoon juice is as great as a tire-traction compound as is suntan lotion... :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#3 TNdragracer

TNdragracer

"Retro before Retro was Cool"

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Nah.....Old Tex'll be wearin' it as a hat tomorrow.....

I can see it now....Hawaiian shirt and coon skin cap....now that's style! :laugh2:
Chuck Williams

#4 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hey, only I know where he is now and I ain't goin' back! Beer's drunk, food's ate, box is packed, breakfast & coffee waiting, workin' on a Seagram's 7-Crown right now. Bed soon. Cya tomorrow, Chuck; bring your humble pie! :D
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#5 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

RACE DAY!!! YEEHAAAA!!!

Gotta get some coffee in me and walk the dog. Then it's pack the car and head out. I just LOVE race day! I'll be back around 9:30pm, drink a beer, eat a bite, and then give y'all a quick & dirty lowdown on the day. Cya! :)
Richard L. Hofer

#6 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Have fun!

Anthony 'Tonyp' Przybylowicz

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#7 Mopar Rob

Mopar Rob

Retro Snob as of 1/12/2011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Chuck; bring your humble pie! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdXjm8pZMws

Rob Hanson

Shops at Mid-America Raceway and uses R-Geo Products

Rob was right!

#8 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,799 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

Road Kill Cookbook might help with that raccoon.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#9 Duffy

Duffy

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Oughta do like Duffy & his lovin' wife do, and consolidate.
Osceola knows a thing or two about resource management, I tell ya that.

DBA.jpg
Michael J. Heinrich
1950-2016
Requiescat in Pace

And I am awaiting
perpetually and forever
a renaissance of wonder

#10 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

LOL :laugh2: What're ya sayin', Duff?... that your neighborhood is conspicuously free of stray dogs and cats roaming around? :laugh2:
Richard L. Hofer

#11 Duffy

Duffy

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

Not this Duffy, I'm talking about my Indiana namesake ("...I'm not a real Duffy, I just play one on Slotblog..."); but from the way I understand it, the streets around the parks in Osceola have signs reading "Curb Your Lunch."
Michael J. Heinrich
1950-2016
Requiescat in Pace

And I am awaiting
perpetually and forever
a renaissance of wonder

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Duffy,
We coulda used her last weekend at the Hardbody Nats at Buena Park Raceway. "Roadkill" VS "The Great White":laugh2:

#13 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

Below are the race results as posted on the Texas slot website. I've included the results from the GTR race, which is run before the Can-Am race every month; I appreciate your patience and understanding, allowing me to include the GTR results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GTR RESULTS

1. Kraig Beck 260 laps TQ - 4.869
2. Kyle Stokes 254
3. Richard Hofer 251
4. John Myers 247
5. Ryan Lisko 247
6. Ken Stevens 246
7. Jerry Boswell 244
8. Moe Callison 243
9. Mike Barnett 242
10. David Berry 233
11. Lonny Getso 231
12. Rusty Travathan 230
13. Todd Miller 226
14. Roy Shinpaugh 225
15. Chris Tanner 212
16. Bear Wood 197
17. Chris Bess 181
18. Pete Shick 179

RETRO CAN-AM RESULTS

1. Ryan Lisko 245 laps
2. Ken Stevens 243
3. Kraig Beck 241
4. Kyle Stokes 240
5. Mike Barnett 238 TQ - 5.257
6. Richard Hofer 236
7. David Berry 233
8. Jerry Boswell 230
9. Todd Miller 229
10. Moe Callison 214
11.Chris Tanner 211
12. Lonny Getso 204
13. Pete Shick 186
14. Chris Bess 157

GRATS to Kraig for his GTR win and GRATS to Ryan for his Can-Am win!!! Pictures will follow in a day or so as will series points standings. We've got a 2-month break before the next race(early January); lick yer wounds, test & tune! Keep in touch online over the holidays; you never know what might pop up. :good: Thanks again for making our races such a success!
Richard L. Hofer

#14 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Finally got a simple photo editor loaded onto my new harddrive; I can finally post some pics!

Gettin' a little practice in. Bear, Pete, Rusty, Mike, Chris T., Kraig and Gwen in the race director's stand.
Posted Image

Lookin' down from the race director's stand into track owner Lonny's "area". Those cases are FILLED with 1/32 and HO cars! Jerry Boswell works on his car with Chris Tanner nearby.
Posted Image

Newcomer Roy Shinpaugh in the pits. This was his 2nd race with us(1st was at Wylie in August).
Posted Image

More pits stuff. Rusty Travathan, Gary and Justin Risk.
Posted Image

More practice. Kraig, Mike, Rusty and Chris Bess.
Posted Image
Richard L. Hofer

#15 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,316 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Nice photos Tex! Thanks!
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#16 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Ken Stevens and Tony Griffin in the pits. Of course, they HAD to pit next to ME! :D
Posted Image

Jerry, David Berry and Pete Shick in the pits.(Moe Callison obscured)
Posted Image

Lookin' back down the straight. Pete hooks up at the end.
Posted Image

Just about a full house in practice. (near to far) Chris T., Mike Barnett, Chris Bess, Rusty, Ryan, Kraig, Bear(sitting in pits), Ken and Tony in the bank.
Posted Image

Roy Shinpaugh qualifying.
Posted Image

Race Director Gwen Myers doin' her thang.
Posted Image

Mike gettin' ready to chow down on the BBQ that Ryan Lisko brought; THANKS, RYAN! :D
Posted Image
Richard L. Hofer

#17 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

OK, I'll give a quick recount of the day's events. I'll forego the small talk and hit the highlights. Kraig Beck was on a mission... to demoralize the competition before the GTR race even started. When it was his turn to qualify, he hooked up on the black lane and TQ'd! :shok: Little did he know, I wasn't gonna fall for that ruse; it was ON! :D He won. Told ya, no small talk. :) Then the track got spray-glued... again. :huh: Don't know why. Anyway, Can-Am qualifying got underway. I managed to qualify 6th, about 12 hundredths behind TQ. Tight competition. The power came on and my car sat there. I looked down and saw that my controller was hooked up wrong. I scrambled to make it right and a track call happened, leaving me just shy of 1 lap down and my car hadn't even turned a wheel yet. :( The power came on and I proceeded to dump it at the 90 3 or 4 times during the heat. I guess the controller thing flustered me. Yeah, that's the ticket... I was flustered. Either that or I'd have to admit I sucked. I'm sticking with "flustered". :D I don't know how, but I was only 1+ laps down from the leader after the first heat. I floundered several more heats. I couldn't get my braking down for the deadman at ALL; I was braking way early and couldn't seem to break myself of the habit. Like a bad dream. Dropping laps. I should mention that this track has it's driver stations opposite than all other tracks I've driven since finding slots again. The lanes on the track are the same, but the driver station's are opposite. The red driver station is at the lead-on and black is halfway down the straight. Did this play a part in my early braking? Nah, I just sucked. But the 2nd half of the race was a different race for me. I matched the heat leader's total several times and stopped the bleeding. I'd say at least 5 of the 8 heats saw 4 - 6 drivers with the same number of laps per heat. We all noticed it. The racing was awesome. Maybe we're improving(?). Because my race ended on a good note, that's the overall impression I have of the race, a good one. It was a good 6th. :)

Oh yeah, Ryan drove a great race to earn the win against a strong field. Ryan has only recently(months?) rejoined slots and we are lucky to have him in our program.

I'm jealous and can't wait to beat him head-to-head someday. :good:
Richard L. Hofer

#18 Uke

Uke

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Thanks RL for the race report. Once again it was a fun race and enjoyed myself greatly. The racing in Can-AM was really close. Several times I looked down and saw 6 cars all on the lead lap of a heat and the other just a lap or two behind.

See you have the holidays at Wylie for race #5... if not sooner.

Ryan
Ryan Lisko
Home track: Wylie Motor Speedway

Electric Dreams Online Shop