• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Forsyth

Jonathan Forsyth

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I see on the calendar there is a warmup for the Checkpoint on the 7th. It says races to be determined by racers available. Just wanted to see who might be participating and what people might be interested in racing. I think I'll be coming a week early to spend some time in CA and hang out before the Checkpoint and would like to race on the 7th.

Looking forward to the Checkpoint, it going to be tremendous as usual.

Jonathan
Team Parma/PSE
Third Eye Technology

#2 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Be sure to rent a Mustang convertible.

"I'm just here for the entertainment." George Carlin

#3 Jonathan Forsyth

Jonathan Forsyth

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

Be sure to rent a Mustang convertible.

It will just be nice to see some sunny weather, after being snowbound since Thanksgiving.
Team Parma/PSE
Third Eye Technology

#4 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,580 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I'll try to make it down there for some testing and tuning!!! I'd like to play on the flat track--with my Nascar and 1/32 cars. The KIng is the King---I'll just hope for a "magic" motor on the handouts!!!
Will be good to see ya Jonathan!!
T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#5 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

I see on the calendar there is a warmup for the Checkpoint on the 7th. It says races to be determined by racers available. Just wanted to see who might be participating and what people might be interested in racing. I think I'll be coming a week early to spend some time in CA and hang out before the Checkpoint and would like to race on the 7th.

Looking forward to the Checkpoint, it going to be tremendous as usual.

Jonathan

Unfortunately, the wing racers recently scheduled wing races for the King on the 7th (due to the Wing Nats being at BPR in 2012).
The calendar schedule was done quite some time ago. I posted the possibility of having warmup races on that day, but there's never been a "confirmed" race date
on the 7th, so the wing races will be held instead since they decided to have races.
The flat track is available on the 7th.

Keith
Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#6 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,580 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

I don't understand -- why is that "unfortunate"? Why not have some races on the Flat Track and get some practice in on the 7th? There's Nascar--Coupe--and the 1/32 class's. Aren't they part of the Checkpoint? FWIW
T

#7 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

I don't understand -- why is that "unfortunate"? Why not have some races on the Flat Track and get some practice in on the 7th? There's Nascar--Coupe--and the 1/32 class's. Aren't they part of the Checkpoint? FWIW
T

Perhaps "unfortunate" is the wrong word. My original thought nearly a year ago was that Jan. 7th "might" be a warm-up King race day for the Checkpoint. Flat track races on the 7th for the other Checkpoint classes (Coupe, NASCAR, Jail Door, retro32) would be great.

Keith
Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#8 S.O. Watt

S.O. Watt

Graduate Bench Racer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

In the old days warm-up races were on Wednesday before the big un.

Tom Hansen
Our Gang Racing Team
Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Chassis By Hansen

I race and shop at Pacific Slot Car Raceway

#9 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,580 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Sorry Keith---didn't mean to jump on you--- I'm just looking forward to having fun at the Check Point--and the "King" track is not my personal favorite! It's the "motor dyno" of tracks--but it's obviously the favorite of most--because we get the biggest turnouts on that track!~ I just LOVE the Kingleman and the Flatster!!! For me--their the most fun because it's not just horsepower to be fast--there's even more of a premium on driving and handling!! Trying to make time to paint some new bodies and prepare the old hot rods for the race!! Look forward to seeing the old gang there!!!
Let's RACE!!
T

#10 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,580 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Do we know what time BPR will open on Sunday? I'd like to get some practice laps in with my flat track cars! I've got inline and angle winder 1/32 cars--my Nascar and Coupe cars. Any idea what races we'll be able to run? Or would we just practice for the day? Who's coming to practice???

Well I've managed to assemble some 1/32 cars--2 inlines and 2 Russ Toy built angle winders! And got a new Can Am and F-1 Kamoshita built from Tokyo! Beautiful work those guys do!! And--dusted off my old King track Can Am and F-1 cars--got a Nascar ready and my trusty old Coupe!! Put some new bodies on them--new tires and we're ready to go! Now just get a couple more Falcon VII's and I'll at least be able to play with the boys!! CYA out there on Sunday maybe!!
T

#11 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,580 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Well there was excellent weather today--and I got out to BPR to run some practice laps with my new 1/32 cars--and re-hab my old 1/24 Coupe and Nascar's. Got them all working--if not the fastest--at least they handle well and I won't be a complete back marker!! Mill and Phil were the only other D-3 / Retro racers there doing tuning!! Mill's got some ROCKETS for 1/32 and Jaildoor especially--but his Coupe and Nascar are very good as well. His hours of practice and working on cars is paying off!! And Phil's always fast!!

Haruki San--if you would like to race the 1/32 class's--I'll loan you my back-up cars to race!! They'll be very good cars--you would have fun. I only have one coupe though--I DO have an extra Nascar--one that Jonathon doesn't want is yours too as I already committed one for his use!

Fun day---the King track was busy with wing cars--so I ran my new Tokyo King track Can Am and F-1 cars on the flat track just for some light testing--and their going to be very good!!! I also have my own F-1 and Can Am king cars ready for battle too--so we'll run what ever works best next week.

Looking forward to the racing weekend next week!! Come on out and have some fun with us!!! D-3 survives-- still fun after all these years!!
T

#12 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Fun day---the King track was busy with wing cars--so I ran my new Tokyo King track Can Am and F-1 cars on the flat track just for some light testing--and their going to be very good!!! I also have my own F-1 and Can Am king cars ready for battle too--so we'll run what ever works best next week.

Looking forward to the racing weekend next week!! Come on out and have some fun with us!!! D-3 survives-- still fun after all these years!!
T

Hi Tim,

Glad to hear your cars from Tokyo works fine.
Kamo-san will be happy to hear that when I meet him on Monday(our national holiday) for our first Tokyo D3 meeting this year.
I hope I can set and tune up my builds and the cars preapared by Kamo-san on my G13 King.
After we finish the meeting at 17:00, I will rush home to pack all the racing stuff for the Check Point Cup.

Looking forward to seeing D3 racers at BPR,

Haruki :D
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

Electric Dreams Online Shop