• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmwaite

jmwaite

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Sorry to inform everyone that Valley Slot Car in Waynesboro, VA, has closed its doors. Great sadness in the Valley.

John Meister made it for two years but could not bring in enough support to stay open. $2,750/month in rent, plus utilities killed it. We are all in shock. John's good nature and welcoming spirit will be sorely missed.

If you live close to a track, thank your lucky stars. Support your local track!

Thanks to John for the good times and wonderful memories. VSC will be sorely missed.
Mike Waite

Just because a woman looks at you and smiles......doesn't mean she isn't thinkin' that you're funny lookin'......

#2 W. J. Dougherty

W. J. Dougherty

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

My regrets to John and all the regulars at Valley. He is a great guy and sorry to see him closed.

Wasn't there a farewell race this past Saturday? What were the results?
Yortuk & Georg Festrunk

#3 jmwaite

jmwaite

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

We had a 500+ lap enduro this past Saturday. Any chassis, and any motor short of a Group 12. I built a Cheetah X25 with a Pro Slot S16C. R-F Audi 10 body. Grumpy and I were teamed up, and we finished 530 laps to win the race. Wayne and Rube finished two laps back. I didn't go to bed until 4:00 AM Sunday (rebuilt a car for a junior member). My feet still aren't touching the ground.

Sunday, we had the sad task of taking the King apart. We helped John transport the track to his home in Lexington, VA. Maybe John can find a suitable place to re-establish the track. We can but hope!
Mike Waite

Just because a woman looks at you and smiles......doesn't mean she isn't thinkin' that you're funny lookin'......

Electric Dreams Online Shop