• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,314 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Last chance for all of us to get some practice for the March 24th Pete Zimmerman event! If time and sufficient number of entries permit, we could also run a Retro Pro warm-up! :)

Raceway opens at 8 AM, F1 tech inspection at 9.30 AM, qualifying/race begins immediately after tech, followed by lunch break and Can-Am qualifying.

It is possible that we may use the "new power", as Adam Kirchhoffer may have installed the capacitor by that time; otherwise we will run the same power as last Saturday (12.8 volts measured across the controller leads) as no one had any motor issues that I know of.

See you there, come race, have fun and help our raceway to stay open! :)

Regulations as usual except:
Falcon 7 and TSR motors are allowed in both F1 and Can-Am, RetroPro rules as usual with 0.790" rear tires and 0.040" rear clearance, 0.015" at front.

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Alright, so who is coming for the last warm-up? :)

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 8,171 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

I think you guys need to pass out lane change cards to anyone who doesn't have one & the race director should make sure that everyone uses them. These don't have to be fancy, they could be someone's business cards. When you want to go fancy, Ralph Thorne makes some nice looking ones. :laugh2:

Bill Fernald

Used puppets for sale!

No springs attached.

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

We all have lane-change cards except for the ones who prefer to push the envelope...
We got that little detail under control now. :)
I am sure that SoCal is not the only place where (a tiny minority of ) people are trying to take advantage of others in ways that are hard to fathom for their own self respect.

Philippe de Lespinay

#5 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 8,171 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I no longer have a local raceway, so I wouldn't know. :)

The best lane change card I've ever seen was some guy's piece of rubber dog s**t he threw on the track between race segments. :laugh2:

Bill Fernald

Used puppets for sale!

No springs attached.

#6 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I saw a picture of that, it was rather disgusting... :shok: but lots of fun! :D
I need to make a card for Terry Schmid, he never had one in the day because no one did... so he did not have one at the last race, I suggested that he used lane stickers.

Philippe de Lespinay

#7 HarV Wallbanger III

HarV Wallbanger III

Racing inta OLD age!

• 6,023 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'll be there to run the races. let's get it going as soon as we can so there is time for a RP race.

Barney Poynor
"BRONCO" BARNEY
Team CORT!

Hello my name is Barney and I was... I am addicted to glue, magnets, and wings... I have been clean and sober years now... NOW I'm hooked on 1/32 club track racing! Dang!

"Even if you're on the Right Track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"

If you remember
screw-on braid, motors that look like padlocks, that dang fuse wire in Cox controllers, "hand" painted bodies, the very first can motors from Mabuchi, and the smell of wintergreen then you are OLD!... like me!

Enjoy life! Race Slot Cars and read SlotBlog!

#8 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

I will have my lane-change card in my shirt pocket next to my pens and pocket protector... :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#9 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,380 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I've got my Retro Pro car together--so if it will get around the track tomorrow--I'll bring it Saturday to race!! You'se guys can show me how to get it around the track faster!!
T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#10 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

That's the trick! :laugh2:

Philippe de Lespinay

#11 Mike K

Mike K

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Next: Retro Can-Am & F1 - BPR, March 10

says the title of this topic.......

Is this no longer a "D3" race date???? What is the status of the D3 organization????

So much DRAMA for such small cars....
Mike Kravitz

Don't DQ me for having the wrong SHADE of orange on my McLaren... after all, it's ONLY a toy car!!!

#12 eshorer

eshorer

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

If anyone is able to lend me a car for the CanAm race, it would be much appreciated. I'll be happy to cover cost for tires, etc. Please PM and let me know. Thanks.
Eddie
Eddie (not so Fast anymore) Shorer
Team Boola (circa the '60s)

#13 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Eddie,
I am sure that someone will have a spare, just show up! :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#14 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

This is the Retro D3 race date, and last time I checked, the D3 rules will be in effect. May be the last D3 race for a while though. So , EVERYONE COME OUT for the last Retro Race before the Pete Zimmerman , Festival of Speed Race. Sure to be a good one, Excitement for All this Saturday on the Ultra Fast, Buena Park King Track !!!

Pull up a chair, this could get real interesting. I wouldn't miss this Saturday for anything.

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#15 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

And I have a new F1 car that hopefully will be better than that pile of junk I built for myself a while ago! :laugh2:
I will run the 4th King track race on the same TSR motor I first raced at the Checkpoint Cup in my Can-Am ride as it still has enough brushes left. :)
And as I mentioned, if there is enough time, we will run a Retro Pro race.
See you all Saturday morning for a fun and exciting day! :shok: :heat:

Philippe de Lespinay

#16 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Mill and the rest of you Retro racers; see ya Sat. I have some family obligations to take care of, so won't be able to race. Maybe get in a bit of practice and whatnot. But, I think I'll be ready for the Zimmerman. See you guys on Sat.
Tom Eatherly

#17 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Buena Park Raceway + Retro Racing on a Saturday = Priceless

Mill Conroy

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

#18 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Not counting them' great chicken tacos next door... :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#19 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

INDEED!
Tom Eatherly

#20 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I need to have Noose painting me a taco body... :laugh2:

Philippe de Lespinay

#21 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Bryan Warmack wins the Race that No One Wanted to Win...
Mill Conroy 2nd, Philippe de Lespinay 3rd.

2012_03_10_1.jpg

Full report and pictures by Monday, as well as plenty of good news!

:)

Philippe de Lespinay

#22 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Congrats, Bryan, Mill & Philippe.

Looking forward to the race report.

Haruki
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#23 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Philippe, thank you very much for the help and tips on car set-up. Very much appreciated. I'm glad you guys got to race, and congrats to the top three! Waiting for the good news. Our lunch break was most informative and entertaining! Jeff Easterly, thanks for the motor/gear work. Man, I think I'm actually ready for the Zimm-Blast. I think we will have a very good turn out, as this is indeed a very special event. See you racers in two weeks.
Tom Eatherly

#24 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,314 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Tom,
It was my pleasure and your car is now as good as mine. :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#25 S.O. Watt

S.O. Watt

Graduate Bench Racer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Sure looking forward to the Zimmerman! Glad y'all had a nice day at the races.

And I had a great race day today, too!

Tom Hansen
Our Gang Racing Team
Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Chassis By Hansen

I race and shop at Pacific Slot Car Raceway

#26 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Today's racing was fun for all. There were more crazy events happening, not the least of which was Jay Henry's Motor Flame-Out !

Bryan Warmack won the Can-am, with a fast lap of 4.12 on blue. Mill Conroy was second and the immortal Dokk , Philippe De Lespinay was third. Mike Low, a friend of Oscar's and Cukras joined us along with Marc Franco, Tim Neja, Eddie Shorer, and Jay Henry. A big thanks to Barney Poyner , who race directed , and a Big Thank you to Greg, who always prepares a great track, Jeff Easterly who watches over things, and Thanks to Debbie and Jim Watterson for the Buena Park that we all love to race at.

In an unusual race, I spun a crown gear, Philippe twice had motor clips come off his car, Bryan forgot to hook up his controller and we started a heat with Bryan observing everyone when I called out, "Hey Bryan , aren't you on Red ? ". Tim spun a pinion, Eddie had a motor that started out a dog, and actually started making a comeback at the end, while Jay fried a motor in the last heat, it was STILL SMOKING minutes after the race !

Great time had by all, and do not forget to join us at the S.C.R.R.A. PETE ZIMMERMAN MEMORIAL FESTIVAL OF SPEED ON MARCH 24TH.

Mill Conroy

#27 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,380 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Fun day of racing-- wish we had more racers!! Well--the Zimmerman should be well attended!! Got my Retro pro car sorted out with some help from Phillippe--and the F-1 and Can am cars I've got should be fine!! Looking forward to a fun day at the Z--and built a small Sprint car for the new 1/32 class back on the Kingleman!! These are going to be cool little race cars!! THanks all that helped race today.,
CYA at the track!
T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop