Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Declaration by a majority of the D3 Board of Directors members
March 13, 2012

For the second month in a row now, Paul Sterrett, one of the original founders of D3 Retro Racing at Buena Park Raceway was a no-show at the monthly D3 race. Paul has had many issues recently with many racers and now it seems he is boycotting the races and encouraging others to do the same. I hope no explanation is necessary to underline the sheer destructiveness of such a directive aimed at a business of which the financial situation is marginal and of which customers are mostly old guys who just want to have a little fun with a hobby they enjoy.

Without going into a long narrative here, several months ago it became necessary to implement a D3 board in an attempt to offset Paul's dictatorial leadership, which had in the opinion of most racers, become just too divisive, uncompromising and contradictory and had alienated so many. His "my way or the highway" style was instrumental in the formation of the SCRRA, an alternate retro series at Buena Park Raceway.

Paul was never happy about the rival series or the new D3 board, which he never recognized, interferring with his sole authority, and he more or less completely ignored every reasonable suggestion made by the board, the racers or his friends to help smooth things over.

His latest edict, instructing racers not to race, has neither the best interests of the racers or those of Buena Park Raceway at heart is the last straw.

The majority of the D3 board members and most other concerned racers have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a waste of time and effort to continue to try and salvage D3 and attempt to reason with Paul about anything. Effective immediately, Philippe de Lespinay, Marc Franco, Barney Poynor, and I will resign as members of the D3 board.

We appreciate all Paul has done in the past and he can do whatever he wants with D3 now. Most people are tired of the conflict and simply no longer care as they know Retro racing is alive and well at Buena Park under the banner of the SCRRA.

Bryan Warmack
Marc Franco
Barney Poynor
Philippe de Lespinay

#2 Gus Kelley

Gus Kelley

Race Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hey Guys!

My only real question is: What will Haruki choose to do at his track?

Good Luck to all and will see you in a couple of months at what I assume will be a BPR-promoted Western States Championship style race.

Gus in Sacto
Gus Kelley
12/01/54-7/22/14
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Haruki likes the D3 style of rules - and that is being continued under SCRRA. They only run Can Am and F1 in Tokyo - although I know that at least one RetroPro car has been built!! They'll be able to run what ever they have FUN with! At least those guys seem to keep it real by not arguing over everything under the sun!! :)

Sad that D3 could not survive - and that one man could bring it down. But we're still racing retro at BPR - and will continue! The Zimmerman is up next in two weeks - I'm sure it will be well attended - and FUN!!

Looking forward to racing RetroPro for the first time!!

T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#4 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hi, Gus,

In Tokyo, I am going to continue our racing programs as we did during our first year of 2011.

We have been using the D3 regulations and racing procedures with such local variations as Falcon 7 in Can-Am, a couple of coupe bodies in Can-Am, BRM bodies in Can-Am, etc. Most racers are using TSRD3 without any problems both for Can-Am and F1, so "Falcon 7 in Can-Am" is not a big issue here.

A more variety of approved bodies seemed to be welcomed by our racers but they are mostly using Lola T160s, Ti22s, and Ferraris (O/S, TrueScale, Electric Dreams, and Parma).

We will continue to use "Tokyo D3" as our program's name, as long as It is all right with SoCal D3.

Personally I have been worrying about the disputes over SoCal D3, but our racers here focus on racing itself by improving their cars and driving at the only raceway in a country of over 100 million population where a real and fair competition is possible with racing buddies. With the help of Kamo-san and other expert racers/builders, we are going to start up our own machine shop at my raceway to develop competitive chassis and components.

This year, I am thinking of racing one or two Retro races, RetroPalooza and Fall Brawl, in the East (IRRA™ Retro East). But this doesn't necessarily mean I am going to change my racing program in Tokyo to meet the regulation of IRRA™. I follow whatever regulations enforced at the events in which I race outside of our racing program.

I hope I will enjoy racing at the Western States or its substitute in July.

It is very sad for me to see what has happened to SoCal D3. I started Tokyo D3 because I admired the Retro racing community there.

Our second year in Tokyo looks good with new racers of various racing backgrounds are joining Tokyo D3. More than Can-Am and F1 races in one day seems too much for us but we are thinking of racing RetroPro in Tokyo.

Keep racing,

Haruki
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#5 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 8,801 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Change is inevitable; it's a shame it came the way it did. I never met Paul (saw him from 30-feet away in the BP parking lot though... LOL) but I'd prefer to thank him for the role he played in giving scratchbuilding in slot racing back to me... THANKS, Paul!

Now, on to business...

I hope I will enjoy racing at the Western States or its substitute in July.

This, too, is my main concern. I just painted three bodies for the "D3" Western States last night. It has been my plan for over 18 months to attend one of the big Retro races at BP and the CC dates were in conflict with my work; so, the "D3" Western States it is!

I know you guys have a lot to discuss and that will take time, but keep us informed as to the likelihood of the Retro Western States still taking place, the classes that will be run, and the rules that will be in play.

Thanks!
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#6 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

What will rise from the ashes of D3?

SCCRA could hold the West's version of the Retro East's Fall Brawl.

How about the first annual "Paul Brawl"?"
Bob Israelite

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,356 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I"m sure that "Retro" racing will be alive and well at BPR under the new banner of SCRRA. There will be a "Western States" race - and I don't believe there will be any wholesale rule changes - just some tweaking possibly and some better procedures in place to make it a smooth race.

I'll be looking forward to continued racing at BPR - with Can Am, F1, and RetroPro being the flagship classes and perhaps others as time and racing permit.

NOT for me to say - just another interested racer looking forward to more racing at BPR.

Let's race!

T

#8 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,292 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

As Tim said, Retro racing is alive and well in SoCal. The SCRRA will soon make announcements on its expanded racing program that will include the second Saturday of each month, so the Western States will indeed take place, only under different sanction.

See you all in less than two weeks at the Pete Zimmerman Memorial races, it will be a great and fun event.

This will be my last post under the D3 banner.

As a member of the original group, I am a bit saddened of the turn of events, but as Bryan clearly exposed, we tried everything we could to save it and Paul would not hear us.
Let's go forward and back to how this began, racing for fun with scratchbuilt chassis with sealed, inexpensive motors.

Goodbye, D3.

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#9 JimF

JimF

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

This development is truly sad but it has been apparent that D3 was being eaten away from the inside. Hopefully everyone that had so many years of fun with D3 will continue forward with the new group.

It was a good run.
Jim Fowler

#10 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

There's a saying that those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them, so let's take a look at some of those:

In my opinion only, YMMV:

1. Dictatorships do not work in the long run. Let us be sure that this new era starts out with a properly constituted Board of Directors, each with an assigned and publicized role.

2. Organizations progress from requiring leadership to requiring management: Let us make sure that the people on the Board are chosen according to their managerial or administrative skills.

3. On-line communication is the norm for the 21st century: Let us be certain that whomever speaks online for the new organization is authorized and prepared to do so and is committed to communicating what the Board decides and ONLY what the Board decides, without personal interpretation.

4. We do this for fun and not to feed any person's ego, or generate anyone's "legacy": Those who work to maintian this genre of racing should take pride in the fun that everyone is having, and work towards that goal only.

May I also repeat what I said last year just after the "new" D3 board was announced:

1. Leave the egos at the door
2. Listen to people
3. Treat everyone with respect
4. Generate cooperation instead of demanding obedience
5. Celebrate the participants instead of the leaders.

I look forward to having fun racing Retro cars under sensible rules. No more, no less.

Thanks for listening.

Dennis Samson
--------------------------
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#11 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

This will be my last post under the D3 banner.

As a member of the original group, I am a bit saddened of the turn of events, Goodbye, D3.

Sad indeed . :frown: :wave:
Joseph Migliaccio. Karma it's a wonderful thing.

"Drive it like you're in it!!!"

"If everything feels under control... you are not going fast enough!"

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#12 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well said, Dennis!
Bob Israelite

#13 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

:drinks: To the new board:

Thank you, Paul, for what you have done to encourage racers and to help out at the raceway.

Thank you, :yahoo: John Cukras, for listening.

Come out and join the SCRRA and BPR for the Pete Zimmerman Festival of Speed!

PS: Thank you, Keith, for all you did to document Retro racing.

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#14 Gus Kelley

Gus Kelley

Race Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hey Guys!

I would like to thank Paul for having this vision and the help he gave me and certainly many others when first coming into the group.

I look forward to the future and like what I see so far.

Gus in Sacto
Gus Kelley
12/01/54-7/22/14
Requiescat in Pace

#15 bbr

bbr

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Dennis... your words are very wise.

Looking forward to the Pete Z race!
Mike Low
Cry like a baby, drive like a girl, walk like a man.
Give me enough rope and I'll build a fast car... or hang myself?

#16 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,823 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Wow, this is monumental. Very sad!

It should be (legally) the option/desire to keep the annual Checkpoint race as a part of the new Retro program at BP as well as Western States. I assume the actual Checkpoint Cup itself is property of D3/Paul. Should the Checkpoint continue, a new trophy fixture must constructed.
You can quote me.

-Mark

#17 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,356 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Very well said, Dennis! I'm looking forward to racing SCRRA style!! I'm also looking forward to seeing the masterpieces that come out of Haruki's "Retro Laboratory" that he is creating!!! Those guys really can build - and their parts are the best ever!! Go, Haruki-san!!

I'm sure there is a board being formed now with SCRRA - that it will have the best interests of the racers and Retro at heart!!

I'd also like to say "thank you" to Paul Sterrett, Mike Steube, PdL, Bryan Warmack, and Keith Tanaka for all their work that got D3 and "Retro" started!!! Congratulations on the revival of slot car racing!! Even if it's mostly "old farts" that are having fun - there's more racers now then there have been in 20 years - so good job, guys!! Now it can move on - with IRRA™, SCRRA, and Tokyo D3!!

As Dennis and many others have said - it's about a lot of friends racing slot cars. Let's keep it fun!

CYA at the Zimmerman!!

T

#18 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,823 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I hope Keith will reconsider... :to_take_umbrage:
You can quote me.

-Mark

#19 Gus Kelley

Gus Kelley

Race Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hey Rob!

I personally am sorry for your feelings, good luck!

I have personally donated over $500 in direct value from my pocket in items to be raffled off. I also one year gave six cases of wine to be distributed to participants without many questions on where they ended up. But I was also there to see all this.

I thank you for helping out in this cause..Maybe we'll meet at one your local races and I'll try to make similar donations without much attachments. They are there to help promote our hobby-sport.

Gus in Sacto
Gus Kelley
12/01/54-7/22/14
Requiescat in Pace

#20 cookandbottlewasher

cookandbottlewasher

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

We, the owners of Buena Park Raceway, have decided to extend the second Saturday in addition to the fourth of each month to the SCRRA organization.

We would like to thank the former D3 management board for their efforts in working out the racing. The racing will continue move from the King to the Flat track month by month.

Thanks to Paul Sterrett for what he and Mike Steube did to put together the Retro racing program and thank you, Keith Tanaka, for all the work you have done to keep things going.
Deborah Watterson
Buena Park Raceway
6161 Lincoln Ave
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 827-9979

#21 slotbaker

slotbaker

Dan Gurney Fan

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Now it can move on - with IRRA™, SCRRA, and Tokyo D3!!

And Aussie Retro, and NLSME D3.

It's sad to read the D3 saga, and I guess it has been coming for a while.

I'd also like to applaud Paul, Mike, PdL, Bryan, and Keith for putting some interest back into slot cars, and getting the old brass and wire cars back into fashion.

Keith's photo reports and coverage have well and truly kept us internet visitors up to date and maintain our interest. Also thanks to 68 and Kathy for helping Keith out and providing us with some great videos as well.

It's been said before, things need to move with the times. Not necessarily moving the time period by which D3 (Retro) is aimed at, but change to keep the interest of participants high, and possibly attract new racers.

As a world-famous builder here says... Onward!

Steve King

#22 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Perfect! Thank you, Steve.
Tom Eatherly

#23 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

The Checkpoint Cup was just a big Retro race held in January. Having both racing groups back together under new leadership,

Priceless.

Come out and join in the flat track race this Saturday, IRRA™ cars or SCRRA cars weclome!

Mill Conroy

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

#24 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

It is not MY flat track race, it is the third Saturday Scale races that are managed by Mike Kravitz with my assistance.

It was a joint decision to add the Retro Can-Am class to those already being offered, since some of the other classes we have tried have not had much support.

Dennis Samson
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#25 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Sorry, I was just trying to promote the Saturday race.

Mill Conroy

#26 Old pink can guy

Old pink can guy

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Thank you, Jim and Debbie. Also John the Man for the SCRRA. PdL for the horsepower, and Bryan, Mill, The 68 caddy, and Kathy for all the help. And Terry Schmid and Mike Steube for all their help. And Mr Franco, Kuni, the Blingster, and Tom the Fiddler.

If I had a real Job I would also like to race the flatster and the Kingleman. I wanna beat PdL's record for laps! And RetroPro, too. Shoot high and hit the target.

See ya for Pete's race.

Ken.
Ken Botts

#27 NJ SpeedZone

NJ SpeedZone

On The Lead Lap

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

What about the Checkpoint Cup? I know Jay, Wes, and myself are planning on heading out to play with you guys again next year.

Good luck, guys!!

Mike Iles
Robert Geibel/Mike Iles

#28 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sorry, I was just trying to promote the Saturday race.

Mill, I understand that, and thanks.

I just want to detach the egos and give credit where it is due.

Mike did all the work to keep the third Saturday program going.

See you there. We have loaners for all the classes, so come try your hand at a GT12!

Dennis Samson
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

#29 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,356 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

What about the Checkpoint Cup? I know Jay, Wes, and myself are planning on heading out to play with you guys again next year.

I'm sure that the new organization will find a way to hold the "Checkpoint Cup"!!

Fun racing with you guys - hope to get back to your side of the country soon.

T

#30 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

It appears Retro has landed on its feet in the left coast. Good luck and keep it going strong there...
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products
LIKE my Facebook page for updates, new releases, and sales: Rgeo Slots...

Lead! The easy equalizer...

Posted Image

#31 Jeff Easterly

Jeff Easterly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Greetings to everyone...

I rarely post on Slotblog! anymore, as the political rhetoric became pointless to promoting our hobby/sport, or advancing interest in Retro racing...

But I do have to say three things...

1) I was privileged to be there at the beginning of Division 3 racing, as the ideas and 'rules' were talked about, evaluated, and implemented to create what we now refer to as Retro racing... I will forever consider it a privilege to be associated with D3 racing, and the enjoyment it has brought to so many racers over the past few years... The list of people I'd like to thank includes every individual and racer who took the time to build a car, help clean and prep a racetrack, and participate in the endeavor...

2) Regardless of what this type of racing will be referred to, or who will oversee its operation, I will continue to support Retro racing as the best way to insure the continuation of our hobby/sport, the best way to enjoy re-living my lost youth, the best way to enjoy the company and competition of my fellow racers, and the best way to support Buena Park Raceway... Sometimes I believe we forget how fortunate we are that this facility even exists... Supporting Jim and Debby, and the Retro racing hobby, certainly can't hurt helping to keep this great hobby alive and healthy...

3) Huge 'Thank yous' are due to Paul, Mike, Keith, PdL, and others for their hard work, long hours, and efforts to create and support Retro racing as we understand it today, and keep Southern California and the rest of the slot racing world abreast of design and creative developments... Regardless of what we end up calling this, I look forward to everyone pulling together to create a great racing series that will continue to promote our hobby/sport, and the fun and enjoyment of Retro racing in SoCal...

Thanks, everyone... Good racing! :good:

Jeff Easterly :dash2:
Jeff Easterly - Capt., Team Wheezer...
Asst. Mechanic, Team Zombie...
Power is coming on... NOW!!!

#32 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jeff,

Buena Park Raceway is the place where I can meet and race with a real nice person like you.
Great motivation for me to continue.

Keep racing,

Haruki
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

#33 Howie Ursaner

Howie Ursaner

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Retro racing in Southern California will be better than ever. This is a time for celebration.
Howie Ursaner

#34 S.O. Watt

S.O. Watt

Graduate Bench Racer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

From the ashes a stronger and better org. will rise.

sure looking forward to the Zimmerman Festival of Speed next weekend...... :victory:

Turn up the Boost!

Tom Hansen
Our Gang Racing Team
Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Chassis By Hansen

I race and shop at Pacific Slot Car Raceway

#35 Jencar17

Jencar17

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Coming from Europe we had a wonderful time at BPR! Thanks again to all made it happen:

http://socald3.phanfare.com/4867848

:good: :victory: :wave:
Jens Graf

#36 The Bugman

The Bugman

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

for all you guys wondering,,,,,i know im not AN OFFICIAL SCRRA anything but a racer,,,
and very close friend of John Cukras,,,,,"so we talk alot",,,

believe me guys,,,,,,there will be great races like the Checkpoint or Western States at BP Raceway,
just not the same names for these races (as they were D3 organized races),,

keep the faith Retro is bigger and better in Buena Park than ever before,,,,, :good:

just wait and see the results of the upcoming ZIMMERMAN RACES,,, :sun_bespectacled:

Oscar M.
Oscar Morales
8/16/49-9/18/13
Requiescat in Pace

#37 The Bugman

The Bugman

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Coming from Europe we had a wonderful time at BPR! Thanks again to all made it happen:

http://socald3.phanfare.com/4867848

:good: :victory: :wave:

Jens,we had a great time when you and your family raced with us,
it was a pleasure and honor to race with and against you all,,,
we all hope you will return someday,,all is the same,,,,,,,you will find a great atmosphere
still at BP Raceway,and great folks to help you and even loan all you cars to race if you choose.
like before,,,,
ALL IS WELL @ BP Raceway,,Retro lives strong here !
Oscar Morales
8/16/49-9/18/13
Requiescat in Pace

#38 beau

beau

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi guys, I've followed your web site for some time now. I grew up in SoCal racing at many of the area tracks. I've been in Oregon now for the better part of 40 yrs. I discovered a large underground of club tracks all over the state. It has grown over time and settled into a Hardbody community known as OSCAR. We have had several attempts at establishing web sites which many of you may have found over the years. Our club enviroment is not without it's share or rules issues year to year so I understand what your going through. At the present our members have hit a wall in terms of a direction for the future. Most are done with chasing the high cost of the motor choices in the rules. Secondly, a majority of members want to move to a more True Scale look. This has been a more Euro approach to slot racing which we have embraced. Car speeds and handling are not that far from , what we've called the little wheel cars, ie, .790-.850 . This has caused a split in the community, but the TS movement holds the favor. Just wanted to relate the issues that even club tracks have. Love everything you guys are doing at BPR. I'M A FAN!! Wish I lived closer. Keep an eye out for a new web site called NWTSR, Northwest True Scale Racers. Wishing you guys all the best going forward....Beau
Beau Frazier

Electric Dreams Online Shop