• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rich McMahon

Rich McMahon

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is a work in progress (translation: it'll be months until it is finished). Yes the MRRC Chaparral 2F body can be mounted to vintage Monogram chassis. The interior interferes with motor so some body modifications are required and the interior will need to be replaced with a flat piece.

To mount to a kit chassis the front body mounting post is too long and needed to be cut off, not much was left of it and to make sure the screw didn't pop out of the top side of the body I put a spacer between the screw and the chassis. The chassis I mounted it to was used and I needed to tweak the chassis portion where the front body post mounts but it was bent to begin with. The chassis came from a well used Lola GT and there's a lot of room under the Chap body so the wheels can be moved out a lot.

There is a lower front valence panel that is not shown in the pics but it interferes with the guide it will either need to be cut away or eliminated.

So here it is so far. Some wide wheels and moving the front wheels is in order.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

A good start! :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#3 Rich McMahon

Rich McMahon

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I wanted to show what needs to be cut away to clear the motor. This is a piece that is right behind the driver and a portion needed to be removed, next to it is a non-modified part.

Posted Image

Here's a pic comparing how deep the interior is to the cut-out needed for clearance. Looks like it will all have to go and be replaced by a flat piece with the usual head & shoulders driver.

Posted Image

#4 munter

munter

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Nice....you could shop around for a nice 1/32 lexan interior.

John Warren
Slot cars are my preferred reality

Electric Dreams Online Shop