• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hey, Philippe, do you know Romulus Von Stezelberger? He had a little booth set up at the R/C Expo in Long Beach with about 15 vintage R/Cs from the early days. Guess he's opening a museum for early R/C cars in Culver City.

I asked him if he knew you and he said he sent you some emails but you never got back. But we started talking slot cars for a little and he said he has some old stuff and some Roy Moody body molds...

Just thought I'd let you know.

Pretty cool, it's just like the LASCM except it's R/C stuff.

Golden Years of R/C Museum
Mark Haas

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,899 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Mark,

I know of this museum from online search, but this person never contacted me. I have about a dozen of 1969 through 1973 R/C cars, most from Gene Wallingford who was like Roy Moody, a pioneer in the hobby.

I have a Kyosho, Associated RC1, Marker Machine. and a few others I can't even remember what they are.

The good thing about all of them is that they are complete with radio and engines, mostly Veco .19s modified by McCoy.
Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

he was in touch with some pioneers so he might have some good slot bits who knows! he knew about the LASCM so maybe hes not interested...

wish i had my camera, he even had a little slot box on display with the "worlds best turn marshall" girl bending over cut out taped inside it haha. i think it was bill sipels (sp) box?

Mark Haas

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,899 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

No idea. He eventually sent me a PM and I replied, just awaiting his response.
Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

Electric Dreams Online Shop