• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hey, Philippe, do you know Romulus Von Stezelberger? He had a little booth set up at the R/C Expo in Long Beach with about 15 vintage R/Cs from the early days. Guess he's opening a museum for early R/C cars in Culver City.

I asked him if he knew you and he said he sent you some emails but you never got back. But we started talking slot cars for a little and he said he has some old stuff and some Roy Moody body molds...

Just thought I'd let you know.

Pretty cool, it's just like the LASCM except it's R/C stuff.

Golden Years of R/C Museum
Mark Haas

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,417 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Mark,

I know of this museum from online search, but this person never contacted me. I have about a dozen of 1969 through 1973 R/C cars, most from Gene Wallingford who was like Roy Moody, a pioneer in the hobby.

I have a Kyosho, Associated RC1, Marker Machine. and a few others I can't even remember what they are.

The good thing about all of them is that they are complete with radio and engines, mostly Veco .19s modified by McCoy.

#3 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

he was in touch with some pioneers so he might have some good slot bits who knows! he knew about the LASCM so maybe hes not interested...

wish i had my camera, he even had a little slot box on display with the "worlds best turn marshall" girl bending over cut out taped inside it haha. i think it was bill sipels (sp) box?

Mark Haas

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,417 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

No idea. He eventually sent me a PM and I replied, just awaiting his response.

Electric Dreams Online Shop