6 replies to this topic

#1 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

Track Owner, Builder, Mobile Track Master

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

I havent posted many of my latest builds as I had problems posting pics. Let's try it again!

A long time Cruzin customer (from Cruzin Chandler, AZ '93-94), Roger Gunning finally got his new house and got me to build a track for his living room. That's right - his living room :)

Roger found the Pendle Slot Racing Club track in the UK to his liking so I did my best to duplicate without really making it the same. I have admired many of the UK club tracks and this one IMO is awesome.

We are installing it tomorrow, Cinco de Mayo 2012!

Track is 12x20', 4 lane 4" lane spacing 5" gutters. 81' lane length. Magnatech braid, trackmate timing. He is part of the Arizona Garage Racers Club based around Chandler, AZ. $4K track only RTR.

The AZGR now have about 8 tracks on their circuit, 5 wood routed (all built by me) and 3 plastic.

Roger Track.jpg

Rogers Track 2.jpg

Rogers Track 3.jpg
Bob Scott
Cruzin' Mobile Slot Car Racing

Men can heal the lustful. Angels can heal the malicious. Only God can heal the proud. - St. John Climacus

#2 idare2bdul

idare2bdul

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

Wow! A nice technical track.
The light at the end of the tunnel is almost always a train.
Mike Boemker

#3 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 8,838 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Me want!
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#4 Stan

Stan

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Can't you just hear the engines screaming?!!!

Stan
Stan Ferris

#5 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• 5,436 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

WOW--Bob I think that's your best home track yet!! Beautiful!! We're racing today on the Bob Scott "Hillside Raceway"!! It's getting a lot of great use Bob--and working fine even being outside on a patio after over a year of running!! You da BEST Cruisin!! Enjoy Cinco de Mayo!!
T
She's real fine, my 409!!!

#6 munter

munter

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Awesome track....sounds like a new group is forming though... "Living Room" racers.

John Warren
Slot cars are my preferred reality

#7 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

Track Owner, Builder, Mobile Track Master

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Can't you just hear the engines screaming?!!!

Stan

Stan u one of the lucky ones who will race regular on it :) And thank goodness for the BIG RED BUTTON so that we dont have to hear someone scream TRRRAAAACCK :!

WOW--Bob I think that's your best home track yet!! Beautiful!! We're racing today on the Bob Scott "Hillside Raceway"!! It's getting a lot of great use Bob--and working fine even being outside on a patio after over a year of running!! You da BEST Cruisin!! Enjoy Cinco de Mayo!!
T

Tim, you're too kind :) Wish I were there! Just a few more weeks. I'm doing the Solana Beach Music Fest again this year - June 2-3. Del Mar begins June 8.

Awesome track....sounds like a new group is forming though... "Living Room" racers.

HaHa you so right! Living the dream in the desert...in an air conditioned living room ;)

Track is installed and running.
Bob Scott
Cruzin' Mobile Slot Car Racing

Men can heal the lustful. Angels can heal the malicious. Only God can heal the proud. - St. John Climacus

Electric Dreams Online Shop