3 replies to this topic

#1 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

Hi Dokk,
I imagine you're busy with the Slotblog conversion so I'll keep this short. :blink:

I just got some things from E. D. and among them is a pair of IG-3101 Indy Grips for your plastic 1/24th rear wheels.

I prefer to use the Alloy wheel w/ setscrew but I have not seen a ribbed wheel listed. Did I miss it? (or) Any plans for such?
Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,292 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hi Dokk,
I imagine you're busy with the Slotblog conversion so I'll keep this short. :blink:

I just got some things from E. D. and among them is a pair of IG-3101 Indy Grips for your plastic 1/24th rear wheels.

I prefer to use the Alloy wheel w/ setscrew but I have not seen a ribbed wheel listed. Did I miss it? (or) Any plans for such?

Indeed but TSR never got around it yet because they had such a difficult time to get the tires they wanted to begin with. It WILL happen as soon as they resolve this issue.

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:31 PM

Indeed but TSR never got around it yet because they had such a difficult time to get the tires they wanted to begin with. It WILL happen as soon as they resolve this issue.

They? TSR? Did I miss something while here under my rock?

I thought TSRF was you.

Is there a new web-site for "them"?

And ... What tires do they want? The IndyGrips are exquisite on our clean (no glue) routed, epoxy painted track. They only recently have been eclipsed by Mauricio's S2 compound and then only by .001 sec. or so.
I know that the target market for these are probably plastic track users more so than routed but is there something better than those I mentioned?
Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,292 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

They? TSR? Did I miss something while here under my rock?
I thought TSRF was you.

TSRF was sold last year to my original business partners and I am now merely an engineering consultant for the company. I do not know of their plans at this time, but I am sure that they did not purchase my interest just to finance my personal charities. :D
The name of the company DBA changed from TSRF to TSR in the process.

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

Electric Dreams Online Shop