• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Deiters

Steve Deiters

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

I was at the Concours de Elegance car show earlier today in Cincinnati and there was a formula junior car on display-late 50's to early 60's I guess. On the byline the owner was listed as "Tim LaGanke". I hung around a couple of times till I saw a guy who appeared to be associated with the car. I asked him if he was with the LaGanke slot racing company of years ago...you know "LaGanke Cranks"...he said he was. "Hey, I still see the stuff on e-bay!" he said. We had a wide ranging conversation about slots and his life after them. He is one of those serial entrepeneurs we see so often in slot racing. He is now into owning his second chain of 10 minute oil change places.

I told him about slotblog and he asked that I send him some info on it. We may be seeing his name appearing here before we know it.
  • MG Brown and PCH Parts Express like this

#2 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

(spoken in my best hand-wringing Montgomery Burns voice)

Excellent!
Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#3 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 40,923 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I spoke to Tim a few years ago when he told me that he had acquired a Stangueliini F/Junior. Truly a nice guy.
Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#4 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I was at the Concours de Elegance car show earlier today in Cincinnati and there was a formula junior car on display-late 50's to early 60's I guess. On the byline the owner was listed as "Tim LaGanke". I hung around a couple of times till I saw a guy who appeared to be associated with the car. I asked him if he was with the LaGanke slot racing company of years ago...you know "LaGanke Cranks"...he said he was. "Hey, I still see the stuff on e-bay!" he said. We had a wide ranging conversation about slots and his life after them. He is one of those serial entrepeneurs we see so often in slot racing. He is now into owning his second chain of 10 minute oil change places.

I told him about slotblog and he asked that I send him some info on it. We may be seeing his name appearing here before we know it.

Wow, Tim LaGanke J\joined the blog. History will get more interesting.

Welcome "TIM La Ganke SIR" I have some of his HO items.

SJJ
John Falzarano

#5 Ramcatlarry

Ramcatlarry

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Not that I want to up-stage Koford or Proslot in making armatures, but a new set of armature holders that I can adapt to my Sherline mini-lathe would make rewinding the ocassional vintage motor quite handy..... :victory:
Larry D. Kelley, MA
retired raceway owner... (for now)
race directing around Chicago-land

USRA 2011 member #025-2

50+ year pin
Racing slot cars in America

#6 Samiam

Samiam

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Was looking for a box of staples in my basement and what do I find in the draw? A nos LaGanke arm winder.Don't remember when or where I got it.(head injuries from 1:1 racing) Does anyone know where I can get arm holders to fit todays size arms?
Sam Levitch

#7 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 5,119 posts
  • Location:The Land of Lincoln, where governors make the license plates.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

"I know there's money in racing, I put it there" - Anthony "Andy" Granatelli

#8 sidejobjon

sidejobjon

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Steve,

Any more word from Tim? Wish he chimed in here. I have some HO arm questions and stuff.

Thanks,

SJJ
John Falzarano

#9 drrufo

drrufo

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

I saw a set of orignal LeGanke arm winders on eBay last year, they were with a batch of crap. A lot of '60s tires and motors, but someone knew what they there; the lot went for $260.00.

There was nothing but the winders that were worth that much.

John

John Anderson
DR Racing Products

Electric Dreams Online Shop