• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

You can argue the point, but one of the top ten Revell box arts of all time. This came out when I was 12. Just so friggin' COOL! How could you not want to build it! Unfortunately it was was very hard kit to build. Molded in sparkle Red. I sprayed mine with a light coat of Pactra Ruby Red Metalflake using the bare Red sparkle plastic a a base. I can tell you it looked outrageous. My Mother yelled at me for a week because I sprayed it on the tile floor. I put down one sheet of newspaper and there was a rectangular Metalflake Red outline after I was done! I think they made me use Turpentine or something to clean it up. Hope you guys like the stories that go along with the stuff. They are still vivid to me after 40 plus years. Enjoy

slotblog 122.jpg

slotblog 123.jpg

Joe Lupo

#2 Phil Worthy

Phil Worthy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Joe,

Cool ride. Yeah, we like stories like that. It makes whatever you are talking about more "alive". I bet you a few of us could say we did something close to that. I know I did on my bedroom floor. Thanks. And keep it coming....

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the positive, Phil

Joe Lupo

#4 Rusty Pinion

Rusty Pinion

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

I once used the range hood over the stove as an exhaust fan...........not good.......boy did I catch hell......LOL.
"Waddaya mean, it won't pass tech?"
Hugh Dudley

#5 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

and thats what you call a street freak. i like the stories Joe keep em comin!
Mark Haas

#6 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

This reminded me of a Monogram 39 Chevy sedan delivery I slotorized nearly 20 years ago. At first it was unbeatable on my Strombecker 36' figure eight, using black foamies I made with the help of Ted Howes and a drilled out(from .078 to .093) 8T pinion on a 36D. Chassis was also made with Ted's rear axle bracket bending tool, a rough copy of the Champion Snuggler and other vintage brackets. Later I tried to set the sedan for the commercial track but it was uncompetitive , so I reverted to home set use but kept on the candies. The Ghastly Green helped intimidate the competion and they still remember it!

Attached Images

• P1010134.JPG
  • P1010138.JPG
  • P1010137.JPG

Electric Dreams Online Shop