• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

This is the MPC Lancia Ferrari. Really cool car but the overall look is marred by the silly drivers "bust" and screws through the body top in my opinion. Hard to find with all bits still attached.

Also shown is the ancient Merit kit from England. Listed as a GP Ferrari on the box. To me it looks like MPC used this kit as a basis for their body. Extremely similar although not exact. Even has the clamshell design. PdL, can you verify?

ebay 452.jpg

ebay 453.jpg

Joe Lupo

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,292 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

There were several slot car kits AND bodies that stole the pattern of the 1956 Lancia-Ferrari originally produced by Merit. Not only the MPC but also the Strombecker and at least one Japanese kit. Du-Bro also ripped Merit for their clear plastic body.

It was and still is a common fact that model companies of all kinds steal from each other... all thieves. :)

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Gonna put this one back up top before I post the next item.

Joe Lupo

Electric Dreams Online Shop