• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thought you guys may get a hoot out of this. As you have figured out by now most of my junk has a story attached. And all the stories are true I might add. Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of when I first met my wife. On the 16th we will be married 29 years. She is still as beautiful to me as the day we met.

We went to Virginia Beach for our honeymoon. I rented a brand new Caddy from Avis for the ride. They insisted they did not rent Caddys to individuals, just corporations. After much prodding and the honeymoon story they agreed. They brought out a dark grey one and I asked them if I could have a black one. They looked at me like I was insane but they went back and got me a black one. :D It was brand new and had like 600 miles on it. When I pulled up to the hotel, being from NY they must have thought I was from the Gambino family with that big black four door Caddy. :laugh2: When we returned home I used it to move into our apartment and I have a pic of the car with a mattress tied to the roof to prove it. :crazy:

Anyway, back to the kit. When we got to Virginia Beach the second thing I did was pick up the Yellow Pages (remember those?) and looked for hobby shops. When we were dating we spent many hours together looking for old models and junk. I found this in a hobby shop in Norfolk. It is called Hobby Craft and I looked it up and it is still there. :victory:

It's quite ugly and it is from 1968. I can see why it was still on the shelf in 1983.

slotblog 148.jpg

slotblog 150.jpg

I have held on to the kit for 30 years; the woman for 35.

Joe Lupo

#2 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

To the top one time.

Joe Lupo

#3 Peter Horvath

Peter Horvath

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I wonder if anyone won the Invisible Sweepstakes... :)
Peter Horvath
My Band
Plays guitar.
Plays with slot cars.
Cooks food.
Hangs out with wife and kids.

#4 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

love it! love triumphs and crazy 60s customs. nice story too.
Mark Haas

#5 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,420 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

What a sad thing to do to a poor innocent Triumph that was just there bothering no one and simply oozing oil through its porous castings...

Electric Dreams Online Shop