• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n.elmholt

n.elmholt

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I was asked by a good friend to build a 1:24 slot car for him with a GRP Mosler body he had bought from a Danish supplier, Slotgear.
He was really positive about the weight and quality of the body and was pretty surprised, when I told him that I actually make these bodies for the supplier - that felt nice :-)

I had free choise of chassis and got the latest version of the NSF-TX chassis from my German friend Fola, who makes some very efficient and stunning chassis.
Fola is a very nice guy and when I helped him with some detail on the early SF-TX (SF= Slot Fabrik - his trade mark) chassis, he promply renamed them NSF-TS (Neckcheese/Slot Fabrik) which shows what a great guy he is :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great looking chassis with a lot of adjustment possibilities

Posted Image

After reinforcing the body and adding body mounts and carbon front lip and sides the weight has grown, but the racing is tough in the series my friend plans to enter the car in, so strenght is important :-)

He had decals for a fictive, but good looking Kyosho version, but i did not like the quality and layout of the decals and made my own decals for this project:

Posted Image

I have always liked the Lucky strike livery, since I built my first Piper entered Lucky Strike Porsche 917. I have since made several cars in this livery with inkjet printed decals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Race ready chassis

Posted Image

Light weight interior using my own vac formed GT insert + thin card board.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first test was very promising and now my friend has collected the car and I look forward to hear his comments :-)

Niels, DK

Niels Elmholt Christensen, DK
www.racecars.dk - my Picasa Photos

#2 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I applaud the idea of a classic livery on a modern car.

Will drivers names be added later?
That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

#3 n.elmholt

n.elmholt

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

The car is finished and handed over to my friend, who has the same surname, Christensen, as I - hence the Christensen Motorsports logos :-)

Niels Elmholt Christensen, DK
www.racecars.dk - my Picasa Photos

Electric Dreams Online Shop