• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

These signs are made of plastic and are from an American Model Racing Congress track. I do not know where these are from or if indeed they ever hung in a track.

The "ASSEMBLE" sign had some gunk globbed in the lower right that looked like coagulated yellowed White Out! I used the PdL razor blade method to remove the heavy layers. I next went to some 400 wet-n-dry which removed almost all of the yellowing and I will finish with a polishing kit to get it back "original" looking.

slotblog 172.jpg

The two other plates are shown for size comparison. Lone Wolf, where have I seen that before? :D

slotblog 169.jpg

Joe Lupo

#2 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Nice! I love the wolf with a tear in his eye... a wolf with feelings, who would have known!? :D

Joe, great stuff. Now all I want to see is an AMCRC franchisee assemble my Retro Can-Am ride and set up my guide's depth... :shok:

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#3 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite™

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Now all I want to see is an AMCRC franchisee assemble my Retro Can-Am ride and set up my guide's depth...

Dokk, talk to Mike McMasters at Tom Thumb Hobbies. He might be able to help you out. :D

We all need to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

#4 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

it's a deal! :D

Philippe de Lespinay

"We are the D..., uh, the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile"

#5 S.O. Watt

S.O. Watt

Graduate Bench Racer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

......... is an AMCRC franchisee assemble my Retro Can-Am ride and set up my guide's depth... :shok:

Tee Slot,

Correct?

Tom Hansen
Our Gang Racing Team
Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Chassis By Hansen

I race and shop at Pacific Slot Car Raceway

#6 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 41,260 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Yep! :laugh2:

In the early 1970s, when there were still plenty of unmodified AMR tracks with T slots, I used to boil my Jet Flags first, then cut slots on the blade and twist the pieces, one to the right, one to the left... in search of that last little bit of keeping the thing from under-steering in heavy glue...
Worked for me! :)

Philippe de Lespinay

#7 sub006

sub006

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

First time I saw the "Lone Wolf" (as a cast aluminum rear package shelf car sign, cloth patch, etc.) was in a NEW 1959 JC Whitney catalog!  I was 10 that year.

Jim Smith

Electric Dreams Online Shop