• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

This is probably a stupid question but since this will be my first year in Penn-Ohio I'll go with it. :)

The format has been posted for the Summit race at Mark's on Sept. 15. I guess a racer will select in which series he/she wants the points to be awarded. Does this mean it will be as though three different series are racing at the same time? For example: let's say I get second place overall (yeah, right!) in the Can-Am race and have declared my points go to Penn-Ohio series. If the actual first place competitor declares for ORS will I be awarded second place points in Penn-Ohio or first place points?

Thanks.
Gil Pataky

#2 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yes...
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products
LIKE my Facebook page for updates, new releases, and sales: Rgeo Slots...

Lead! The easy equalizer...

#3 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

?? :dash2:
Gil Pataky

#4 Bud Bartos

Bud Bartos

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Told You it is complicated :D
Bud Bartos

#5 Captain

Captain

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Gil, you will be awarded 1st place for P-O....
Steve Ploskunak

#6 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

If you use the Summit for your drop in PO, you can win the remaining 5 races, and you would tie for points with the racer that places 5th in 5 of the races and shows up for all 6...........:)
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products

#7 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

so you mean i would get first place points in that scenario? hmm! in effect i am only racing against penn-ohio guys then!
Gil Pataky

#8 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Correct. again. Looking at it from a points awarded view................You can finish 10th overall, but if you are the first PO racer, you would get 1st place points.
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products

#9 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

thanks, i FINALLY got it :sun_bespectacled:
Gil Pataky

#10 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

one last thought on this subject please. what is the purpose for only permiting points being given in one retro series? seems to me it would promote racers being involved in more than one series if he could get points for more than one series at the summit race. a racer could pay entry fee for each series he wishes to get points for.

please understand, i am new here and only interested in getting an idea of how this is all working. i do not mean to sound critical. thanks
Gil Pataky

#11 Bud Bartos

Bud Bartos

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

I think all 3 regions should get points for this event . I Remember talk of wanting to get racers to attend more events and race in other regions !!!! I do not want to use a race as a drop if I'm there racing. I was planning on running both PO and OR this season for points but now with this pick one I guess I will just run PO and not go to the others.

Sorry but like some other things this makes no sense.
Bud Bartos

#12 One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just trying to understand a little bit more here? And, changing the topic a bit, ( sorry Gil) ;)
In what class would you recieve the EXTRA 20 point bonus? All of them you run in?
Providing of course you have a perfect attendance! I get that! :)

Slots-4-Ever
Brian McPherson

REM Raceway

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having FUN!"

#13 Bud Bartos

Bud Bartos

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

I also think it's dumb to have a drop and then give 20 bonus points ???? Whats the point :wacko2:
Bud Bartos

#14 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

It's not a drop and 20 bonus points, its a drop and minus another 20 points, IMO...........But Bud, if you go to the Summit and score in ORS, you still have two drops in ORS and you have attended the Po race, 20 point bomus should be in place when you attend the other 5, no? You have participated in 6 races. :)

Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products

#15 Bud Bartos

Bud Bartos

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sure ! what I meant to say is drop is good in case of big snow storm or Your sick but then if Your so unlucky to use your drop Your also going to lose the 20 bonus points for not making all the races. Still makes no sense to Me at least??? Guess thats how it will be so see You at the races !!!!!!!
Bud Bartos

#16 Ace

Ace

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Can someone from the Board exlpain why Points count only in one series?

What if someone choose points to go to ORS then raced Stockcar class where would the points go as ORS does not race that class. If both series directors are at the race why can't points count in both series?

I was under the Idea that this race was to help encourage race to participate in both groups.
Darrell Fuller

#17 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ace, This my opinion and not by any means an official statement. The Summit is but one race and three districts will be competing in it. Many will only cross paths this season this one time. So to make it more fair for all concerned. You are competing, for points, only against those in your series. This way everyone is kept whole, in their respective series. This race has the potential to be almost as big as the R4 concerning numbers of entrants and hope everyone comes out to play with our toy cars, doesn't get all over concerned about points awarding. This all will have little bearing on the majority of the racers present as just those that are the top tier will ever be competing for a points finish for the overall series championship. Secondly, how many will actually be going to two series races throughtout the full season? Mix in the Sano, Fall Brawl, OCC, ISRA, etc, some are going to be taxed and be racing 6 or 7 weekends in a row. Plus local racing.

Let's ALL go race this one, should be big fun affair. I am looking forward to racing with the Michigan Mafia again, maybe even some Indyanna guys will come over too? Doug? Forest?
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products

#18 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Can someone from the Board exlpain why Points count only in one series?

What if someone choose points to go to ORS then raced Stockcar class where would the points go as ORS does not race that class. If both series directors are at the race why can't points count in both series?

I was under the Idea that this race was to help encourage race to participate in both groups.

The Stock Car participants will all score Stock Car points in the P-O series as ORS and MRRA doesn't race stock cars at this time.

This race is to help encourage all racers to participate in the race and race against others they may normally not race with during the rest of the year.

The race was also about "kicking off" each series points races. If no points were being paid.....many may not show up. With the way it is...... everyone can pick and choose which series they wish to score maximum points in.

With that being said..... if a racer finished 20th overall...he would get 20 place points in both series..... if he picks his series to score points in.....he could score much higher points in the series he regularly attends. Again another reason to come, race and get maximum points in the series he may only race in all year.

On the flip side........ a racer who may not run in the other series all year and runs in this series is taking points away from the regular racers in any of the series if allowed to score in all the series.

For example....to me this is not a ORS or a P-O race..... it's a Premier race where I am allowed to score points in the series I am going to follow all year..... for me to take points in another series is taking points away from the regular series racers in one of the other series when I may have no intentions of running anymore events in that series.

Sure I could show up at a P-O race(s) during the series and "take away" points from the series regulars, but that would be a P-O only event...not a combination event.

Now we may even have some "Southern Boys" show up and race with us ( the race is open to anyone ).... they will decide which series they want points in and even they will take away some points from some series regulars in the series they choose to get points in.

So to insure that the regular series racers get maximum points in the series they normally run in and follow...it has to be done in this fashion.

There is only 6 to 8 guys who this is really affecting, but those have only "claimed" they will be running in both series all year. We will all know next May who did and didn't run all the races in both series and then we can plan, adjust and possibly change for next years Retro Summit.

#19 Tom Lauterbach

Tom Lauterbach

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

That explains it very nicely. Thanks Ron. Lets go have FUN!
Tom Lauterbach

#20 Bud Bartos

Bud Bartos

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sounds good! PO took the 20 bonus points off so Now the drop races work out better. Yes Ron I do want to try and make both PO and OH races this season. I even set all My RC races so there on off weekends! See You all at the Summit :good:
Bud Bartos

#21 Ace

Ace

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Thanks Ron and Rick for the reply. No matter how the points turn out I will be at this race and as many ORS and Penn-Ohio races as I can attend. I will Have to miss both series races in October because of other commitements. Just a hypothical lets say a racer wants to score points in ORS and Penn-Ohio could they pay an extra $6.00 that would be split between both series and then have their total laps in F-1 and Can-Am place them for points in each series.
Darrell Fuller

#22 Ron Hershman

Ron Hershman

Grand Champion Poster

• 22,051 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thanks Ron and Rick for the reply. No matter how the points turn out I will be at this race and as many ORS and Penn-Ohio races as I can attend. I will Have to miss both series races in October because of other commitements. Just a hypothical lets say a racer wants to score points in ORS and Penn-Ohio could they pay an extra $6.00 that would be split between both series and then have their total laps in F-1 and Can-Am place them for points in each series.

This has already been discussed in the past and the reply is,,,,,, NO

#23 Ace

Ace

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thanks again Ron for the quick response. I miss read the last paragraph in post # 18 that suns it all up.Look forward to the race the 15th and seeing all the ORS and Penn-Ohio racers.have a great day.
Darrell Fuller

#24 slick in the slot

slick in the slot

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

The Stock Car participants will all score Stock Car points in the P-O series as ORS and MRRA doesn't race stock cars at this time.

This race is to help encourage all racers to participate in the race and race against others they may normally not race with during the rest of the year.

The race was also about "kicking off" each series points races. If no points were being paid.....many may not show up. With the way it is...... everyone can pick and choose which series they wish to score maximum points in.

With that being said..... if a racer finished 20th overall...he would get 20 place points in both series..... if he picks his series to score points in.....he could score much higher points in the series he regularly attends. Again another reason to come, race and get maximum points in the series he may only race in all year.

On the flip side........ a racer who may not run in the other series all year and runs in this series is taking points away from the regular racers in any of the series if allowed to score in all the series.

For example....to me this is not a ORS or a P-O race..... it's a Premier race where I am allowed to score points in the series I am going to follow all year..... for me to take points in another series is taking points away from the regular series racers in one of the other series when I may have no intentions of running anymore events in that series.

Sure I could show up at a P-O race(s) during the series and "take away" points from the series regulars, but that would be a P-O only event...not a combination event.

Now we may even have some "Southern Boys" show up and race with us ( the race is open to anyone ).... they will decide which series they want points in and even they will take away some points from some series regulars in the series they choose to get points in.

So to insure that the regular series racers get maximum points in the series they normally run in and follow...it has to be done in this fashion.

There is only 6 to 8 guys who this is really affecting, but those have only "claimed" they will be running in both series all year. We will all know next May who did and didn't run all the races in both series and then we can plan, adjust and possibly change for next years Retro Summit.

ok, the "key word" here is "take away points from a regular". as i see it , the only way a racer would want points in a particular series is if he is participating in a complete series and would be, in fact, a regular.. i don't think anyone participating at the summit would want points in ors and penn-ohio unless he would be in it for a final series result.

if someone wants to compete in both series i see no reason why they should be penalized for it. if they pay an entry fee for each series then what's the problem?" if i'm competing in only one series i really don't care if joe blow is competing in another series also,

i still have not read a satisfactory reply as to why points are only awarded for only one series at the summit.
Gil Pataky

#25 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Gil, it might not be satisfactory, but they said NO, nuf said. :laugh2:
Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products

Electric Dreams Online Shop