• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

I recently sold some NOS AF/X wheels to a nice guy on Ebay. He is looking for the standard AF/X front axles. I guess they are more like a nail than an axle. Does anyone have a source for these NOS, good used or repos? I told him I would try to find him some.

Joe Lupo

#2 Dr. Gamma

Dr. Gamma

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Talk to Bob at Slot Car Central. He has about EVERYTHING for Aurora HO cars!!

If you have the independently rotating front wheels, which means one axle hole is smaller on one wheel than the other wheel. You are correct, it looks like a nail. I think you need the "Aurora AFX, MT HO Slot Car Pin Style Front Axle #8715". Bob has like 116 of them on hand!!!

Robert Kickenapp, AKA RRB (Road Race Bob or when I fell down, I became Road Rash Bob)

"Honest, I swear its stock"  My answer to tech officials at post race teardown many a time.

That bike wouldn't do 150mph if you dropped it down a mineshaft!!!

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the info :victory: I will pass it along. I did not know of that site.

Joe Lupo

#4 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Jag Hobbies is a source I have used. The parts are still in the NOS bags with the part numbers. Racers will need to sort out the wheels, though.

Keep it in the slot,

AJ

During my six years of Retro racing, my aspiration to be a mediocre racer has come and gone; my peers now assure me I have peaked (some time ago)!

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one hand!

Entitlement:
The notion that one can have their slot car racing and EAT IT, too!

Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies
, Longmont, CO, Home of the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

Electric Dreams Online Shop