• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Got the sad news of the passing of this fine racer from the true glory days of HO racing 1969-73 Indiana & Michigan HOPRA.

As Gary Rider stated to me today, "Ron was the first racer that I ran accross that used additional magnets to keep the car nailed to the track. Changed the whole concept of racing."

He was a cool racer on the track, always right there.

RIP, Ron. :good:
Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#2 Pat McGee

Pat McGee

Representative for the Guild of Calamitous Intent

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

This one needs a bump and a move to the Eternal Podium. Ron was class on and off the track. Pretty damned fast, too...
What's all this brouhaha?

I'm told I have a face for radio and a voice that belongs in the newspaper...

Follow me for fun! Go slot car racing!

#3 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Ronald Collier Esterline, 72, Martinsville, passed from this life on September 29th, 2011.

re.jpg

He was born March 14, 1939 in Hollywood, CA to the late John and Elizabeth "Betty" (Collier) Esterline.

Mr. Esterline was a commercial truck driver and retired from D.A. Lubricant in Indianapolis, IN. He was also a former Marion County Sheriffs Deputy.

In his retirement he cherished his time racing cars, playing various instruments including the banjo, guitar, Dobro, and harmonica.

He served in the US Navy and was a member of the National Rifle Association.

On November 10, 1997 he married Janet (Flockhart) Esterline. She preceded him in death on April 13, 2007.

He leaves behind family and friends including two daughters, Laura Fraser of Bel Marin Keys, CA and Jennifer Proctor of Indianapolis, IN; one step-daughter, Janet "Adi" Brown of Martinsville; three step-sons, Brad Trout of Florida and Scott and David Trout both of Martinsville; three sisters, Susie Rippel of Indianapolis, Lou Ellen Adler of Corpus Christi, TX and Libby Costanza of Boston, MA; two grandchildren, McKenna and Hunter Fraser; six step-grandchildren, Andrew and Allison Trout, John Michael Sichting, Janet Michelle Scott and Kathryn and Mason Brown; and two step-great grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by one brother, Bob Esterline.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop