• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaak

Jaak

Jaak Beentjes - JaakWorks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Ok so i need help with a track design...
while looking at possibities....

The plans are making a 3 lane 1:24/1:32 routed track and using something like oxigen or scorpius to Digify it.
It will be 3 laned fast asphalt and will have a 1:32 single lane looped rally section attached to it.

That means i will have to be able to exit the asphalt and enter the rally lane,
and should have the choice of staying on the rally track doing rounds or choose to change lane and enter the asphalt 3 lane again.

Will give the asphalt 3 lane at least one lane changer each lane for Digital mode.

The space i have is 5,35x4,20 Meter i am starting to realize that a fast 1:24 3 lane and a 1:32 Single lane looped rally section may be difficult to realize.

If annybody has some ideas qua track design i am all ears, as i am suffering a "designers(writers)" block.

Sig1_zps24552ee9.jpg
THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE
JaakWorks Website

#2 gascarnut

gascarnut

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Jaak,

Is the 5.35x4.20 meter space the total space for people and track or is that the footprint of track space?

It's almost square so it will be difficult to design something that will proved marshalling access to all parts of the track unless you have some holes or inlets so people can reach.

I seem to remember that there are some combined track designs on Luf Linkert's site at oldslotracer.com

Here's one: http://www.sanphoeno.com/autocross.php

Dennis Samson
--------------------------
Scratchbuilding is life
Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Electric Dreams Online Shop