9 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Note: PayPal recently changed their policy for "No Fee" money transfers. This post has been revised to illustrate the current PayPal process:

Here's how to send a monetary donation using PayPal so that no fees are asssesed on the transfer.

Sign into your PayPal account and click on the "Send Money" tab in the top navigation bar. That will bring up this screen:

ppss1.jpg

Enter the To: address and the amount being sent and then beneath "What are you sending money for?", click to select "I'm sending money to family and friends."

That will bring up this highlighted alert box:

ppss.jpg

If the source of the money being sent is your PayPal balance and/or your linked bank account, no fees will be assessed.

If the source of the money is a credit or debit card, the fees being assessed are shown.

The credit card companies obviously are going to get their percentage in every instance and PayPal must have finally realized that it was having to eat those fees when their former "No Fees" donation transfer procedute was in use.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

"I am hopeless romantic when it comes to automobiles. I like the noise of the race car. I like the aroma of racing fuel." - Bill Warner

#2 Phil Irvin

Phil Irvin

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I did the "other" transfer and had no fees charged either.

OLPHRT
PHIL I. :victory:

#3 slotbaker

slotbaker

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I did mine through the 'renew' option in Slotblog, and I didn't get a choice to make a personal donation when it took me to PayPal.

It took me to a final screen to authorise the payment.

:huh:

Did my payment attract the fee?

Steve King

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Steve,

Yes, it did because your renewal goes into a separate PayPal account which is not set up as a donation account. Nor should it be, because as a subscriber you are receiving something of value, i.e. the removal of the ad feeds.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

"I am hopeless romantic when it comes to automobiles. I like the noise of the race car. I like the aroma of racing fuel." - Bill Warner

#5 slotbaker

slotbaker

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

:(

I followed your instructions:

... just renew your subscription!... You now should see a tab titled "Store" in the navbar just beneath the new Slotblog logo... Just click on "Store" and follow the prompts.

Steve King

#6 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

No worries, mate. You did just what was needed.

Slotblog has no problem letting PayPal get an 84 cent "cut" on our subs. Not an issue.

But when folks are making a charitable donation, I'd like every penny of the amount donated to go to the person or family in need.
Gregory Wells

#7 slotbaker

slotbaker

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

OK, gotchya.
:)

Steve King

#8 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Greg,

I used the Donate button and put in the comment box "For Vic".

Jersey John TEAM BULLET
"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" ( retired )

"Certified Tony P Chassis God since 2007"
"Six decades of decadence" 

https://www.facebook...eyjohncreations

small Hawk.jpg

Email me

#9 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

JJ,

Not a problem; received and noted.

I'll be making a second transfer to Vic later today.
Gregory Wells

#10 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 15,642 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just a note to let folks know that PayPal has changed the processes so that this tutorial as originally posted was no longer accurate.

The initial post has been revised to show the new process for sending money such that no PayPal fees will be assessed.
Gregory Wells

Electric Dreams Online Shop