No replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Or......welllll.......trying to.

I was planning to get down the hill this past week to test at Eddies and do my normal set-up and track conditions report but a couple of things got in the way........

Normally, I'd have freshened up my cars from the last race by now but work has been busy so I didn't even open the box until Monday and then discovered that my F-1 is a total write off after the FTH race. The handling went a little funny at some point in the mid-race so I know I had some damage and then I took two huge hits in the last heat but didn't realize how bad it was. About all I could salvage was the JK kit nosepiece. So, now I'm in full scramble mode to build a new F-1. And then it snowed, 80 was closed off and on, and the ski shop went bonkers. So, here I am a week out and my new F-1 is only about 1/2 done and not likely much time to drive down for testing. (maybe Wed if I get this done and lucky with the weather)

This is 2 x 055 not full length solderd on the main rails, and with all the fill bits in front .055 as well. Those are just there to fill the space left over when I cut out some mangled portions of the front. I had a couple of JK F-1 pans that I never used but I'm going to build this one @ 1 5/8" so now I can use them. The bracket is a Warmack 3/4". I've wanted to do something a little different for a while so I think this one is going to have the pans "sprung" rather than hinged. Not quite sure how to do it yet but I've got a week to figure it out. This will be about 102 gr. which is a little light for most of our road courses but may be OK for the King. As usual, this guy will run a Ferrari body, 9-28 gears and probably JK treated and given the light weight, probably narrowed.

Nothing new shakin' with my other cars.......I'm planning to run the modified Z-rail for Can Am and I want to try either of the new TS bodies (McLaren or the Cro Sal McKee) I've run the O/S Daytona on my Stocker for a while but have a Parma Cyclone for this race. Here is the F-1 in it's current stage of hackage.

Posted Image
Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop