#1 Neckcheese

Neckcheese

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

The basic of this build is the 1:24 Protar kit

Posted Image

some late night discussions with my good friend Fola resulted in a mutual coorporation with the purpose of supplying the scale modellers with good quality Grp. kits:

NSF Classics: http://racecars.dk/NSF-classics2.html

So far we have made models of McLaren M23 and MP2/4C.

I have already built the M23 so it is time to do the MP4/2C - here is the NSF Classic kit:

Posted Image

As usual I start from scratch with a piece of paper and some ideas. I would like to use the same front axle bracket as on the M23, which is from the German company Solid. It's cheap, functional and good looking :-)

Posted Image

I glued the drawing to a piece of 1,5mm brass and cut out the chassis using a band saw and my trusty Dremel tool.

Posted Image

The front axle bracket is mounted on a piece of 1,5mm carbon which is held by two 4mm t-nuts with hard springs allowing for some movement. The guide is also mounted on this carbon piece,
Motor mount is from German JP (Dieter Jens/Matthias Parke) and the H-plate and rear axle mount is from German Schöler. The Schöler parts are simple, cheap and works pretty well. Motor will be a Fox 10.

Wheels will be a bit bigger to ensure Scale looks -this is just a test fit.

Posted Image

Body test fit - some more work has to be done - but it does not look too bad :-)

more to follow :-)

Niels, DK

Niels Elmholt Christensen, DK
www.racecars.dk - my Picasa Photos

Electric Dreams Online Shop