• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

OK.......after 10 feet of snow over the holidays and 3 weeks of an insane work schedule......I'm sorta living life again. Sorry for not being online for the last three weeks but each year its like this and all the snow made it even worse.

So.......I got off the hill over the weekend to visit with some buds in the Bay and to go see Uncle Frank and do some testing. I had a super fun time Saturday nite in the "Moonlight Madness" race and some good retro testing too. On Sunday, I ran into Herman James @ Franks and we had a very productive test session. Herman was getting ready for the Checkpoint and was testing his 1/32 cars. I tested my F-1s and they were really good so I parked them and worked on my 1/32 cars as well. It was really obvious that, although my car with the tuned Hawk motor was faster, Herman with his Mini-Brute was much easier to drive and not much slower. In fact, I'd guess that over an 8 heat race, Herman might well beat me with his slower car.

In talking about it, we decided that we would both just run the slower motors for this upcoming meet and have a little "race within a race". We'll have plenty of fun racing each other and we'll be able to stay out of the way of the guys that are running the faster cars as they go whizzing by. Naturally, anyone that chooses to join us with the slower motors is welcome to do so. I really think this is a better way to go but with some 1/32 racers missing at the rules meet, I was not willing to just lay down the law. After this race, I'll propose the slower motor rule again but if the group is against it as whole, that's fine too.

I have some car pics and test results to post up over the next few days so now that the Holiday insanity is past, I can get in gear.

Thanks ya'll.........looking forward to the 2013 season.
Jim Fowler

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmmm---Hi Jim--- glad you got some testing done!! But I've got two cars ready for 1/32--and with mine--it's the Mini Brute that is ballistic!! The Falcon II car is slightly slower--but easier to drive!  I can get a tenth out of the Mini--but only on some laps--where the Falcon is smooth and easy to drive lap after lap!  I'm going to try a couple more Falcons in this one--and see --but it's probably the one I'll run--and it IS a little slower than my other car!! FWIW  :)

T

She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop